Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #721
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Ok Maddenites, after several test CFM games using the "creat the coach your playing that week" work around, I am thrilled to report it is a smashing success.

The CPU is playing far better using generic playbooks. It is seriously night and day. So much so I am going to restart my Raiders single team offline CFM once the new rosters drop tomorrow.

It is that stark.

What I saw was the CPU really mixing up their play book. They were calling, draws, PA roll outs, Z Spot routes, drags, various running plays, and on defense they were much better as well.

Also a Shout to JayD on a finding with auto subs inside CFM. Here is the process you should use for setting auto subs for your team (and the CPU team your playing that week using the create a coach workaround).

Main Menu auto subs should always be on default In 80 out 60

When you go into the CFM auto sub menu for your team set all auto subs to 80 in 60 out for every position and save.

Then go back in to the auto sub menu again inside CFM (under your coach title) and press the reset button. They will all reset to 50/50. Save.

Go back again into auto subs and you will see them at 80 in 60 out!!! Save.

Takes 1 minute for that process. And that is it. You are set for your entire franchise.

Follow the same procedure for your opponent that week after you create their current coach when you play them that week.

Ok I know.....a lot of information. So let me recap my process A-Z

After I set up my offline CFM and my teams auto subs and formation subs here is my process each week during the season and let's pretend I am Denver:

1) Week 1, I am playing the Carolina Panthers so I will create a new character (click down R3 PS4) choose the Panthers and use Ron Rivera (existing coach).

2) Now I will set up the Panthers depth chart however I want, I will go into their auto sub menu and set everything to in 80 out 60, save, go back in press reset, save, go back in and it will already be preset again to 80 in 60 out, save.

3) I will go to coach schemes for the Panthers and change their playbook to "Balanced" If you look at Rivera's offensive scheme it says balanced. If so use the Generic playbook named balanced. (If another team says west coast..use the west coast generic playbook, run heavy us the run heavy etc etc). Defensive plays book set to generic 4-3

4) Now go into formation subs for the Panthers - you will see it has the generic playbook now listed (it works!!!) and set up some foramtion subs you want for your opponent. Or not...totally your decision.

5) Do your weekly gameplanning for your team (in this example the Broncos) then play your week one game. After you finish week one retire Ron Rivera and move on to week two.

Guys......it's fantastic. Trust me. The game is even better. Far better. I am really pumped about this!!!! So much so I am restarting my Raiders CFM. It feels like I was cheating playing an inferior AI....but now with the generic playbook workaround......they are playing great.
You only need 1 controller for this right?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #722
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
You only need 1 controller for this right?

That is absolutely correct.

It is very simple, fast and easy to do. Takes me under 10 minutes to get everything set up for my weekly games.

I am so happy. I already loved the game....now it is even better. And when that big gameplay patch drops ( I have no idea when it is coming folks) the game will be off the hook even more!.

I am going to stream the process to use late tonight after the Car/Den game. So I will post here when I go on the air and give a demo of what I do each week.

It is super easy.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #723
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
That is absolutely correct.

It is very simple, fast and easy to do. Takes me under 10 minutes to get everything set up for my weekly games.

I am so happy. I already loved the game....now it is even better. And when that big gameplay patch drops ( I have no idea when it is coming folks) the game will be off the hook even more!.

I am going to stream the process to use late tonight after the Car/Den game. So I will post here when I go on the air and give a demo of what I do each week.

It is super easy.
I'm definitely gonna try this out. Starting my cfm on Friday.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #724
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
I'm definitely gonna try this out. Starting my cfm on Friday.

It is the only way I am playing offline franchise this year now. It is seriously that good.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #725
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
It is the only way I am playing offline franchise this year now. It is seriously that good.
Hopefully it's as good as you say, this game is already amazing even with the crappy cpu playcalls.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #726
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Quote:
Ok Maddenites, after several test CFM games using the "creat the coach your playing that week" work around, I am thrilled to report it is a smashing success.

The CPU is playing far better using generic playbooks. It is seriously night and day. So much so I am going to restart my Raiders single team offline CFM once the new rosters drop tomorrow.

It is that stark.

What I saw was the CPU really mixing up their play book. They were calling, draws, PA roll outs, Z Spot routes, drags, various running plays, and on defense they were much better as well.

Also a Shout to JayD on a finding with auto subs inside CFM. Here is the process you should use for setting auto subs for your team (and the CPU team your playing that week using the create a coach workaround).

Main Menu auto subs should always be on default In 80 out 60

When you go into the CFM auto sub menu for your team set all auto subs to 80 in 60 out for every position and save.

Then go back in to the auto sub menu again inside CFM (under your coach title) and press the reset button. They will all reset to 50/50. Save.

Go back again into auto subs and you will see them at 80 in 60 out!!! Save.

Takes 1 minute for that process. And that is it. You are set for your entire franchise.

Follow the same procedure for your opponent that week after you create their current coach when you play them that week.

Ok I know.....a lot of information. So let me recap my process A-Z

After I set up my offline CFM and my teams auto subs and formation subs here is my process each week during the season and let's pretend I am Denver:

1) Week 1, I am playing the Carolina Panthers so I will create a new character (click down R3 PS4) choose the Panthers and use Ron Rivera (existing coach).

2) Now I will set up the Panthers depth chart however I want, I will go into their auto sub menu and set everything to in 80 out 60, save, go back in press reset, save, go back in and it will already be preset again to 80 in 60 out, save.

3) I will go to coach schemes for the Panthers and change their playbook to "Balanced" If you look at Rivera's offensive scheme it says balanced. If so use the Generic playbook named balanced. (If another team says west coast..use the west coast generic playbook, run heavy us the run heavy etc etc). Defensive plays book set to generic 4-3

4) Now go into formation subs for the Panthers - you will see it has the generic playbook now listed (it works!!!) and set up some foramtion subs you want for your opponent. Or not...totally your decision.

5) Do your weekly gameplanning for your team (in this example the Broncos) then play your week one game. After you finish week one retire Ron Rivera and move on to week two.

Guys......it's fantastic. Trust me. The game is even better. Far better. I am really pumped about this!!!! So much so I am restarting my Raiders CFM. It feels like I was cheating playing an inferior AI....but now with the generic playbook workaround......they are playing great.

Ok, so dumb question.

With creating and retiring coaches each week, what does that do for realism? After you take over as Ron Rivera and then immediately retire, does the game go back to a CPU controlled Ron Rivera or do the Panthers have a new coach in week 2? Also, do the settings you change for the CPU revert back once you retire the coach?
Old 09-08-2016, 11:29 AM   #727
Rookie

I'm following your instructions for auto subs and they just stay at 50 50 after I reset and go back in.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 11:37 AM   #728
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantiasFalcon
I'm following your instructions for auto subs and they just stay at 50 50 after I reset and go back in.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Set them to 80 in 60 out first, save and accept.
Reset them to 50/50 an save and accept.

Go back in and they should say in 80 out 60 save and accept.

Works for me. Don't know what else I can tell you.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »