Home

Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2017, 09:16 AM   #1049
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
Hm but i feel lile the rest of the sliders on the blue set are pretty good. I am just eondering how the cowboys guy can avg 6+ ypc...

If nobody can get above a 3 ypc average the I would suggest some tweaks. Same would apply for the black set
Then do what Jarrod tells you on the front page my man.

Take green or red sliders RBLK and input that for YOU. Then see how that works. Gotta adjust for you.

Like Jarrod has told me there are people out there who use BLACK set and get 4 or 5 ypc. I cant even imagine that, as Ive played about 10 games on that set and couldnt get more then 2 ypc throughout all 10 games.

That being said I did the red set last night and most things seemed on point.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #1050
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Then do what Jarrod tells you on the front page my man.

Take green or red sliders RBLK and input that for YOU. Then see how that works. Gotta adjust for you.

Like Jarrod has told me there are people out there who use BLACK set and get 4 or 5 ypc. I cant even imagine that, as Ive played about 10 games on that set and couldnt get more then 2 ypc throughout all 10 games.

That being said I did the red set last night and most things seemed on point.
haha thing is i consider it "cheating" to move down the slider ladder!

I am already embarrassed that I am not on the black set as I was a couple of years back! But a wife and kid will seriously affect your madden skill set...

That being set I may have to swallow my pride and increase human run block.

I was more looking for tips and tricks to improve my game though.

Last edited by lujer; 06-07-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #1051
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
haha thing is i consider it "cheating" to move down the slider ladder!

I am already embarrassed that I am not on the black set as I was a couple of years back! But a wife and kid will seriously affect your madden skill set...
You also have to know that the last patch fixed alot of things. AKA the CPU is just better in a lot of instances.

So having your RBLK slider at 5 means you will face 2 to 4 defenders FREE running on your RB EVERY SINGLE RUNNING PLAY. Literally. There was not ONE time on the black set, with a really good OLine, where I didnt face at least 2 defenders. And there tackle being so high, forget breaking a tackle.

Im not saying it CANT be done, maybe there are running plays that work better then the ones Im using. But the CPU is just plain better after the last patch.

For me the red slider set is close to the best, though I will probably have to up the CPU run game. My game last night Crowell had 92 yards on 13 or so carries. With a 75 yard TD run in there, mainly because I completely whiffed tackling him in the backfield. Without that run your looking at 13 or 14 carries for 1 yard per carry?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #1052
Rookie

Quote:
You also have to know that the last patch fixed alot of things. AKA the CPU is just better in a lot of instances.

So having your RBLK slider at 5 means you will face 2 to 4 defenders FREE running on your RB EVERY SINGLE RUNNING PLAY. Literally. There was not ONE time on the black set, with a really good OLine, where I didnt face at least 2 defenders. And there tackle being so high, forget breaking a tackle.

Im not saying it CANT be done, maybe there are running plays that work better then the ones Im using. But the CPU is just plain better after the last patch.

For me the red slider set is close to the best, though I will probably have to up the CPU run game. My game last night Crowell had 92 yards on 13 or so carries. With a 75 yard TD run in there, mainly because I completely whiffed tackling him in the backfield. Without that run your looking at 13 or 14 carries for 1 yard per carry?
Yeah on the blue I really need to focus on the ai run game. They almost gain 5 yards all the time but also break long runs. But what sets it off is I get a lot of tackles for loss and short 1-2 yarders.

I read somewhere that the majority of NFL runs are like 0-3 yards but the average gets increased due to long breakaways. I see something similar in my games.

The cpu will go crazy sometimes and break like 3-4 tackles but most of the time I get a run game to my liking.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #1053
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Yeah on the blue I really need to focus on the ai run game. They almost gain 5 yards all the time but also break long runs. But what sets it off is I get a lot of tackles for loss and short 1-2 yarders.

I read somewhere that the majority of NFL runs are like 0-3 yards but the average gets increased due to long breakaways. I see something similar in my games.

The cpu will go crazy sometimes and break like 3-4 tackles but most of the time I get a run game to my liking.
Thats my problem with the black and blue set, both no matter what I do to stop the run, no matter my players etc they get 5 yards per carry AVG. Then break long runs about 2 to 4 times a game.

CJ Anderson has hit for 200 yards per game on average.

Literally blitz 3 LBs and 4 DL EVERY play and not one will get to the runner, its pretty crazy. Multiple games my FS and SS led with 15 to 20 tackles each.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #1054
Rookie

Quote:
Thats my problem with the black and blue set, both no matter what I do to stop the run, no matter my players etc they get 5 yards per carry AVG. Then break long runs about 2 to 4 times a game.

CJ Anderson has hit for 200 yards per game on average.

Literally blitz 3 LBs and 4 DL EVERY play and not one will get to the runner, its pretty crazy. Multiple games my FS and SS led with 15 to 20 tackles each.
I sued to hit stick constantly but that does not work anymore. I am really conscious about using the "sure" tacke (X on PS4). That helps. I still hit stick when I have a good shot and have fellow defenders around.

That approach has helped a bit but I still get torched sometimes.

Problem with a lot of tackles for safeties is that we bump up ai run block so defenders get sucked into the the blockers and rarely breaks the block...
Old 06-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #1055
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
I sued to hit stick constantly but that does not work anymore. I am really conscious about using the "sure" tacke (X on PS4). That helps. I still hit stick when I have a good shot and have fellow defenders around.

That approach has helped a bit but I still get torched sometimes.

Problem with a lot of tackles for safeties is that we bump up ai run block so defenders get sucked into the the blockers and rarely breaks the block...
Yeah I put together a all pro DLine with Khalil Mack, Jadaveon Clowney, Leonard Williams and Aaron Donald. 10 games in a row got torched for 200 yards rushing per game.

Not one of the 4 ever made a tackle behind the line, nor broke through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #1056
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I put together a all pro DLine with Khalil Mack, Jadaveon Clowney, Leonard Williams and Aaron Donald. 10 games in a row got torched for 200 yards rushing per game.

Not one of the 4 ever made a tackle behind the line, nor broke through.
strange. I just switched to a 3-4 defense because that rams will do that under wade phillips. Aaron donald is racking up tackles for loss and sacks as well..

I still get burned but I do make a lot of tackles behind the line. When I get burned it is most often because of lack of gap discipline. I usually control a safety so when the ai brakes a long run it is often because I over pursue

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »