Home

Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #521
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

So is there a concensus threshold limit? 50 or 45?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #522
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
So is there a concensus threshold limit? 50 or 45?
That's what The Chef is using. I might try that. Any little seperation I can add will be good I guess. I liked how the CPUs run game was on. They still run okay but it was eay more dynamic at 0. I had to give there runblock a boost since I raised the threshold to 50.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:14 PM   #523
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
That's what The Chef is using. I might try that. Any little seperation I can add will be good I guess. I liked how the CPUs run game was on. They still run okay but it was eay more dynamic at 0. I had to give there runblock a boost since I raised the threshold to 50.
Cool so 45 it is.What do you think I should use for run block on the blue?
Old 09-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #524
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
Cool so 45 it is.What do you think I should use for run block on the blue?
I would say 65
Old 09-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #525

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Getting a realistic push with a 4 man fromt has always been an issue on All-Madden for the USER. It sucks but that's how it's been. Then when you lower there passblocking all it does is make them check down more or hold on to the ball. The higher you go with there pass blocking the more shots they take down the field. I've tested it both ways. It's annoying but I've just come to accept it. I just don't know why EA won't givr us the same kind of pressure as the CPU gets on us. Try lowering there passblock to 0 and raising there accuracy. See what happens when you do that.
I wouldnt call it completely realistic but I will say its a lot better for sure. They still fall vulnerable to that patty cake animation at times but what Im also seeing is the QB not having an eternity to sit back there while deep routes turn into improvised routes because theyve run the route to its pre-drawn conclusion. At the same time the CPU will still take shots, Russell Wilson absolutely torched Jimmie Ward on a sluggo, hit him in stride and it was a long TD. Last game Joe Flacco threw a jump ball to a bigger receiver singled up 40 yards downfield for a completion so the CPU isnt hell bent on just checking down due to perceived pressure. Ive got it at 10 and wont move it at this point, Im winning matchups more often when ratings dictate I should, same for CPU and its created a very organic feeling game where each game provides something different.

While Id consider the tweak you proposed I just dont see the need based on what Im seeing so far. The CPU doesnt miss all that much but the throw aways due to pressure and drops keep the completion percentage in check. I would think that lowering accuracy would open up another can of worms and youd have to then lower catching otherwise the CPU might become inept, again I could be wrong as some sliders arent always as sensitive as other sliders.

Quote:
How has the rest of your games turned out? I notice you always have a good first game or 2 but when the sliders start really settling in the gameplay becomes different.
I've played a good 4 games or so with the sliders like they are and still have no complaints. Are there times where the patty cake animation kicks in and annoys me? Of course. Are there times the CPU's receivers will constantly be open leading to a drive that cant be stopped? Thats still there. The thing is Im seeing more stops, more 3 and outs, more times the CPU picks up a couple first downs and then stalls and has to punt then I was before. The CPU picks on my weakest link which is my nickel CB Jimmie Ward and as much as I try and help him out I cant get there quick enough at times and then you have those times where they run a double move and I crash in with the safety to help only to watch as the WR burns right by Ward and myself and is now wide open deep.

I like threshold at 45 all the way around, I might consider coverage and reaction at 70 like you have it at some point but its probably good where Ive got it, at 65. Ill be playing here shortly and can broadcast if youre interested in checking out some gameplay. I play Cincinnati and Andy Dalton so should be a good test to see how my defense performs against them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #526

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Broadcasting for anyone that wants to watch, link is in my sig. I'm 6-0 playing at 4-2 Cincinnati who have a stacked 91 rated offense against my 93 rated defense so something has to give. I dont have Navorro Bowman as hes injured so Brian Cushing will step in and try and continue his solid play. Again only slider changes are...

Threshold 45
PBK 10
Coverage 65
Reaction 65
Old 09-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #527
Rookie

OVR: 0

I still got another yr or 2 before I will have a good D. I will probably leave the Black Set alone until my D get better. Which set do yall think I should roll with?
I am a Madden Vet. I am not a bad player. I can hold my own. Let me explain what is going on for me

I play with the Bears and I am in my 2nd year. I signed Malcolm Butler and did more improving my secondary and my linebackers(who sucked bad at man and zone). Improved my D-Line as well I did preseason games first. Still seemed like my cbs including Butler was still getting beat. I started spotlighting, double covering and etc. When I play real good coverage, I couldn't generate any pressure but when I generate pressure either its a quick pass or they throw it away.

Teams like the throw to the TEs and Slot guys on me,so I started covering them more. It helped some but not that much. I tweaked with things and that seem to create other problems so I switched it back. Every game seen like I am facing a running back who is a combination of AP,Marshal Faulk and Barry Sanders lol

I am trying to make this work with Madden because NBA 2k is slowly taking its place and I don't want it to yet

Last edited by llgreekgodll; 09-28-2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:48 AM   #528
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by llgreekgodll
I still got another yr or 2 before I will have a good D. I will probably leave the Black Set alone until my D get better. Which set do yall think I should roll with?
I am a Madden Vet. I am not a bad player. I can hold my own. Let me explain what is going on for me

I play with the Bears and I am in my 2nd year. I signed Malcolm Butler and did more improving my secondary and my linebackers(who sucked bad at man and zone). Improved my D-Line as well I did preseason games first. Still seemed like my cbs including Butler was still getting beat. I started spotlighting, double covering and etc. When I play real good coverage, I couldn't generate any pressure but when I generate pressure either its a quick pass or they throw it away.

Teams like the throw to the TEs and Slot guys on me,so I started covering them more. It helped some but not that much. I tweaked with things and that seem to create other problems so I switched it back. Every game seen like I am facing a running back who is a combination of AP,Marshal Faulk and Barry Sanders lol

I am trying to make this work with Madden because NBA 2k is slowly taking its place and I don't want it to yet
Just drop to the Blue set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »