Home

Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #553

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

One thing Ive noticed on All-Madden is the individual matchup numbers make no sense. For instance, I've got Ronald Darby and his 97 MCV vs Cris Rayford and his 88 RTE yet it says he's only a -2. Is this not based on the MCV vs RTE ratings? I swore in the past it was but I've also heard its somehow based on AGI vs RTE so Darby and his 90 AGI rating vs Rayford's 88 RTE would make sense in terms of the final -2 shown but it makes far more sense for it to be MCV vs RTE since one is the ability to cover in man and the other is the ability to run the route and get open I thought.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:42 AM   #554
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
One thing Ive noticed on All-Madden is the individual matchup numbers make no sense. For instance, I've got Ronald Darby and his 97 MCV vs Cris Rayford and his 88 RTE yet it says he's only a -2. Is this not based on the MCV vs RTE ratings? I swore in the past it was but I've also heard its somehow based on AGI vs RTE so Darby and his 90 AGI rating vs Rayford's 88 RTE would make sense in terms of the final -2 shown but it makes far more sense for it to be MCV vs RTE since one is the ability to cover in man and the other is the ability to run the route and get open I thought.
Yeah I don't know the deal with that.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #555
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

My friend is streaming his Panthers franchise using the black set against the Chargers.

www.twitch.tv/deucebigbelow55
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 02:13 PM   #556

The Chef's Arena

WOW is all I can say. I'm about done with this game, building a defense is a horrific test in patience as the game doesn't know how to let players play to their ratings. I literally just quit a game after giving up 31 points and 300+ yards to Jared F'n Goff to average receivers who couldn't be covered by anyone. Here I've got 2 CB's with 90+ MCV and they can't stop outs, curls or slants. Look at the presnap ratings comparisons between WR's and CB's and none of it makes sense, Tavon Austin has a +2 RTE vs Talbott and his 91 MCV, uhhhh what?!?!?!? Their #2 WR Wooden is even with Darby and his 97 MCV rating, please for the love of God explain that to me. I dare anyone to tell me how the CPU can throw with relative ease regardless of ratings, when the CPU wants too they will drop back and throw the ball with laser efficiency. I am burned out on slider tweaking over and over again trying to find the perfect spot where the game, might, play realistic for a second. Its a fleeting experience that will only result in constant headaches. Im at the point where I firmly believe half the sliders are either backwards or dont work at all and it doesnt help that EA still cant simply tell people what each slider does.

I appreciate all the hard work youve put in here Jarodd but I really dont think this game is capable of playing a realistic game of football. I long for a game that finishes 17-13 and I cant get it as the defenses are absolutely horrible. My top 2 CB's are both rated 91, Darby has a 97 MCV and Talbott has a 91 and they can't stop anything. I just watched Darby get absolutely destroyed on a curl when Wooden stopped and Darby kept running 6 yards downfield before realizing what had happened and turned back, resulted in an easy completion. Yet oddly enough the CPU is fully capable of having a sub 80 rated CB turn on a dime and stop the pass, where is the realism there?!? What makes sports games great are the individual matchups and game planning for them, with this defense vs their offense I should be able to cheat down and help on the TE and have pretty solid success based on my outside corners ratings but I can't, I basically have to guess pre snap who will get the advantage and pray Ive either guessed right or I get pressure. My defense is rated a 95 as a whole and they can't stop anyone with any consistency. The only reason I was able to stop people before was playing ball control to keep my defense off the field, I shouldn't be forced to do that every game when there is a clear difference in talent between the teams involved.

In closing, I would strongly suggest putting accuracy back at 25, with it at 20 the CPU seems to play better for some reason. I think its because the game perceives accuracy and is hell bent on checking down constantly which hurts sack totals as well as completion percentages and creates a horribly flawed game where its impossible to stop anyone. I was getting better games before dropping that to 20 and moving speed threshold to 50 from 45, its as if I changed those 2 settings and the game became trash overnight. As for the coverage slider I don't see much of a tangible difference there either, if anything it has also managed to make pass defense worse which makes zero sense. I dropped the fumble slider, then fumbled 5 times against Seattle, again the slider seems to either do absolutely nothing or is backwards but lowering it shouldn't result in MORE fumbles.

Again, thank you for putting the time and effort into making sliders as its something I have zero time to do myself so I applaud you for that. The game has too many flaws at this point, All-Pro is ridiculously easy and All-Madden is ridiculously cheesy which is the same as every year prior. I wasted all my time building a defense that is completely unable to actually play defense and I have zero interest in having shootouts every week so its probably about time I throw in the towel.

Thought for stats sake I'd throw out what the CPU has done passing wise against me this season...

Cleveland - Ashton Delong (23/32, 296 Yards, 3 TD's, 71% Completion, 131.7 rating)
New Orleans - Reed Townsend (26/37, 278 Yards, 2 TD's, 70% Completion, 109.9 rating)
Los Angeles - Jared Goff (17/22, 156 Yards, 1 INT, 77% Completion, 77.0 rating)
Arizona - Heath Donnalley (21/31, 235 Yards, 1 TD, 67% Completion, 100.8 rating)
Seattle - Russell Wilson (18/28, 240 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 64% Completion, 88.3 rating)
Baltimore - Joe Flacco (20/33, 315 Yards, 1 INT, 60% Completion, 79.7 rating)
Cincinnati - Andy Dalton (32/47, 358 Yards, 4 TD's 1 INT, 68% Completion, 110.0 rating)
Washington - Kirk Cousins (17/29, 198 Yards, 1 INT, 58% Completion, 65.0 rating)
Carolina - Cam Newton (23/30, 233 Yards, 1 TD, 76% Completion, 109.4 rating)
Seattle - Russell Wilson (28/37, 413 Yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 75% Completion, 118.4 rating)

So in 10 games the CPU has completed 70% or better 5 times, had a rating of 100+ 6 times and that doesn't include the game Goff was putting up prior to me turning it off completely. Yet my defense is rated a 95, since moving those sliders I've yet to have a CPU QB throw for less then 75% completion percentage and Goff was well on his way to be there as well which would have marked 3/3. Again, defense rated a 95, my starters across all 11 are rated as the following...

LE - 83
RE - 87
NT - 81
LOLB - 91
MLB - 86
MLB - 86
ROLB - 88
CB - 91
CB - 91
FS - 88
SS - 87

Seeing as Im rarely in 3-4 the weakest part of my team being NT isn't even on the field all that much, CB3 is an 82. I'm clueless what to do, man gets torched by slants, curls and outs. Zone can't cover corners, drags or slants for that matter. Guys drop too far, guys dont react aggressively to receivers running over the middle, its become a joke watching highly rated guys just stare at receivers doing nothing. The only remote success I have in zone is when I user a MLB and chase the middle routes manually but usually that results in a hitch being open anyways. Anyways, not gonna waste anymore time trying to figure this all out just wanted to provide some stats to illustrate what I was talking about.

Last edited by The Chef; 10-01-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #557
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
WOW is all I can say. I'm about done with this game, building a defense is a horrific test in patience as the game doesn't know how to let players play to their ratings. I literally just quit a game after giving up 31 points and 300+ yards to Jared F'n Goff to average receivers who couldn't be covered by anyone. Here I've got 2 CB's with 90+ MCV and they can't stop outs, curls or slants. Look at the presnap ratings comparisons between WR's and CB's and none of it makes sense, Tavon Austin has a +2 RTE vs Talbott and his 91 MCV, uhhhh what?!?!?!? Their #2 WR Wooden is even with Darby and his 97 MCV rating, please for the love of God explain that to me. I dare anyone to tell me how the CPU can throw with relative ease regardless of ratings, when the CPU wants too they will drop back and throw the ball with laser efficiency. I am burned out on slider tweaking over and over again trying to find the perfect spot where the game, might, play realistic for a second. Its a fleeting experience that will only result in constant headaches. Im at the point where I firmly believe half the sliders are either backwards or dont work at all and it doesnt help that EA still cant simply tell people what each slider does.

I appreciate all the hard work youve put in here Jarodd but I really dont think this game is capable of playing a realistic game of football. I long for a game that finishes 17-13 and I cant get it as the defenses are absolutely horrible. My top 2 CB's are both rated 91, Darby has a 97 MCV and Talbott has a 91 and they can't stop anything. I just watched Darby get absolutely destroyed on a curl when Wooden stopped and Darby kept running 6 yards downfield before realizing what had happened and turned back, resulted in an easy completion. Yet oddly enough the CPU is fully capable of having a sub 80 rated CB turn on a dime and stop the pass, where is the realism there?!? What makes sports games great are the individual matchups and game planning for them, with this defense vs their offense I should be able to cheat down and help on the TE and have pretty solid success based on my outside corners ratings but I can't, I basically have to guess pre snap who will get the advantage and pray Ive either guessed right or I get pressure. My defense is rated a 95 as a whole and they can't stop anyone with any consistency. The only reason I was able to stop people before was playing ball control to keep my defense off the field, I shouldn't be forced to do that every game when there is a clear difference in talent between the teams involved.

In closing, I would strongly suggest putting accuracy back at 25, with it at 20 the CPU seems to play better for some reason. I think its because the game perceives accuracy and is hell bent on checking down constantly which hurts sack totals as well as completion percentages and creates a horribly flawed game where its impossible to stop anyone. I was getting better games before dropping that to 20 and moving speed threshold to 50 from 45, its as if I changed those 2 settings and the game became trash overnight. As for the coverage slider I don't see much of a tangible difference there either, if anything it has also managed to make pass defense worse which makes zero sense. I dropped the fumble slider, then fumbled 5 times against Seattle, again the slider seems to either do absolutely nothing or is backwards but lowering it shouldn't result in MORE fumbles.

Again, thank you for putting the time and effort into making sliders as its something I have zero time to do myself so I applaud you for that. The game has too many flaws at this point, All-Pro is ridiculously easy and All-Madden is ridiculously cheesy which is the same as every year prior. I wasted all my time building a defense that is completely unable to actually play defense and I have zero interest in having shootouts every week so its probably about time I throw in the towel.
I don't know what to tell you besides unpredictable stuff happens in real life. Most of the games you won during your streak your Defense played good. Guys go through slumps in real life. Can't let it get to you when you have games where your team ia horrible. Every team in the league has bad games like that. It's not suppose to play out excatly the same every game because you have a good team. Then you ha e to take into account if you are calling the right stuff in certain situations. Are you making plays with the guy you are controlling. Any given sunday. That's my mindset when games turn out like that especially when things went my way in other games.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #558

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I don't know what to tell you besides unpredictable stuff happens in real life. Most of the games you won during your streak your Defense played good. Guys go through slumps in real life. Can't let it get to you when you have games where your team ia horrible. Every team in the league has bad games like that. It's not suppose to play out excatly the same every game because you have a good team. Then you ha e to take into account if you are calling the right stuff in certain situations. Are you making plays with the guy you are controlling. Any given sunday. That's my mindset when games turn out like that especially when things went my way in other games.
My defense wasnt exactly playing well other then generating more pressure then they are now. I played more ball control which is why I would typically dominate TOP just to keep the defense off the field, thats not really a sign they were playing better. The games where the CPU didnt complete 70% I guarantee were games when I got pressure and the CPU was hell bent on throwing it into the stands at the first sign of pressure. I watched a replay where Goff had 9 seconds in the pocket before finally someone got to him, he was in the pocket so long that his TE had time to run a corner to the right sideline then break it off and start running towards the left sideline making it 75% of the way there before Goff had any sort of pressure on him, thats insane as hell.

I dont care about losing, what I care about is losing when the ratings stop mattering. We can sit here and talk about anything happens on Sundays in real life and thats true, but in real life players arent dictated by numerical ratings that equate to their ability. If EA is hell bent on providing some artificial variability to mimic that then they need to get rid of the ratings entirely as it makes no sense for a guy with a 97 MCV to go out and suddenly play like a bumb for games on end. When was the last time you saw Richard Sherman go out and get roasted over and over again over the course of multiple games? How about Derrelle Revis in his prime? Good CB's are hard to come by which makes them valuable, in Madden it merely elevates your chances at a stop from 50/50 to 60/40 at best and if I'm shading inside knowing damn well theyre up against the sidelines and have to run a route either inside or a curl and the highly rated CB refuses to play with inside leverage and instead gives up the easy completion for 10 yards I got nothing. What can I possibly do differently there? Ive shaded inside correctly, Ive got a better CB on a lesser talented WR and it isnt like the WR is making a tough catch hes making an easy, wide open catch like I told my CB to play outside instead.

Naturally my next thought is call a zone with my LB's playing over the middle to put the hurt on the WR when they do throw the slant. When I do that instead I get the LB dropping too deep allowing the reception easily anyways or they can't react quick enough and its yet again an easy completion. Next thought is, tell them to play underneath coverage thinking the LB wont drop as far, nope, still drops too deep and is too slow to react resulting in another easy completion. The entire pass defense is flawed imo, nothing happens even remotely realistically and they ignore any and all shading I attempt to do. Hell in that game you watched Jarodd do you recall me highlighting Jimmy Graham, being in zone and watching as Navorro Bowman ran away from him, and his zone, allowing the catch and TD? Thats the **** Im talking about, I call the right play, spotlight the correct receiver and they dont even bother to do what theyre told and instead decide to freelance and do whatever they want.

How can I possibly do anything about that? Ive got to manually try and jump the slants, or the new one the CPU is abusing, the out routes so I cant also manually mirror Graham under the assumption the game wont bother to actually run the play as designed. Here youve got Bowman who is a solid cover LB with high intelligence and even he has no idea what to do during the play, how is that realistic? I played Carolina and Kuechly was everywhere making plays, was reacting to passes well when he was in a zone yet I cant even get that level of play from highly rated CB's let alone LB's. I'm 10-0 so this has nothing to do with me losing games and being irritated and has everything to do with the games warts showing more and more as I continue to play. I never felt like this playing any other sports game, only Madden makes ratings pointless and instead relies on some under the hood dice roll constantly that is completely random in its results.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #559
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Wink Re: Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
My defense wasnt exactly playing well other then generating more pressure then they are now. I played more ball control which is why I would typically dominate TOP just to keep the defense off the field, thats not really a sign they were playing better. The games where the CPU didnt complete 70% I guarantee were games when I got pressure and the CPU was hell bent on throwing it into the stands at the first sign of pressure. I watched a replay where Goff had 9 seconds in the pocket before finally someone got to him, he was in the pocket so long that his TE had time to run a corner to the right sideline then break it off and start running towards the left sideline making it 75% of the way there before Goff had any sort of pressure on him, thats insane as hell.

I dont care about losing, what I care about is losing when the ratings stop mattering. We can sit here and talk about anything happens on Sundays in real life and thats true, but in real life players arent dictated by numerical ratings that equate to their ability. If EA is hell bent on providing some artificial variability to mimic that then they need to get rid of the ratings entirely as it makes no sense for a guy with a 97 MCV to go out and suddenly play like a bumb for games on end. When was the last time you saw Richard Sherman go out and get roasted over and over again over the course of multiple games? How about Derrelle Revis in his prime? Good CB's are hard to come by which makes them valuable, in Madden it merely elevates your chances at a stop from 50/50 to 60/40 at best and if I'm shading inside knowing damn well theyre up against the sidelines and have to run a route either inside or a curl and the highly rated CB refuses to play with inside leverage and instead gives up the easy completion for 10 yards I got nothing. What can I possibly do differently there? Ive shaded inside correctly, Ive got a better CB on a lesser talented WR and it isnt like the WR is making a tough catch hes making an easy, wide open catch like I told my CB to play outside instead.

Naturally my next thought is call a zone with my LB's playing over the middle to put the hurt on the WR when they do throw the slant. When I do that instead I get the LB dropping too deep allowing the reception easily anyways or they can't react quick enough and its yet again an easy completion. Next thought is, tell them to play underneath coverage thinking the LB wont drop as far, nope, still drops too deep and is too slow to react resulting in another easy completion. The entire pass defense is flawed imo, nothing happens even remotely realistically and they ignore any and all shading I attempt to do. Hell in that game you watched Jarodd do you recall me highlighting Jimmy Graham, being in zone and watching as Navorro Bowman ran away from him, and his zone, allowing the catch and TD? Thats the **** Im talking about, I call the right play, spotlight the correct receiver and they dont even bother to do what theyre told and instead decide to freelance and do whatever they want.

How can I possibly do anything about that? Ive got to manually try and jump the slants, or the new one the CPU is abusing, the out routes so I cant also manually mirror Graham under the assumption the game wont bother to actually run the play as designed. Here youve got Bowman who is a solid cover LB with high intelligence and even he has no idea what to do during the play, how is that realistic? I played Carolina and Kuechly was everywhere making plays, was reacting to passes well when he was in a zone yet I cant even get that level of play from highly rated CB's let alone LB's. I'm 10-0 so this has nothing to do with me losing games and being irritated and has everything to do with the games warts showing more and more as I continue to play. I never felt like this playing any other sports game, only Madden makes ratings pointless and instead relies on some under the hood dice roll constantly that is completely random in its results.
I've seen Patrick Peterson get roasted over and over by Brian Hartline a few years ago. Even though Julio Jones is elite he also abused P.Peterson for over 200 yards.. It happens.. Your DBs are getting beat on those short dink and dunk routes. It's not like WRs are torching them on intermediate or deep routes often. Not trying to defend some of the Atrocity that goes on with the game but some of that stuff happens in real life. I would be more irritated with the possibility of going 16-0. The AI being easy bothers me all the time. I see a lot of terrible play from the AI during your games. It just goes to show you how bad the AI is that you are still winning these games even with all the issues that are bothering you.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #560
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
My friend is streaming his Panthers franchise using the black set against the Chargers.

www.twitch.tv/deucebigbelow55
He blew out the Chargers. Streaming his next game against the Redskins. 2nd game testing CPU accuracy at 65 for the black set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »