Home

Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #649
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

I had the same issue with the kicking where it went straight to the left or right. I raised the field goal accuracy to 40 and it plays pretty well. I also went back to the 0 threshold and we have been getting good results as far as qb incompletions and coverage in our franchise.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #650
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddycleats
Anybody having trouble kicking FGs now?

FGs seem to kick wide right even if the kick meter is accurate.

Im using the blue set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie
That happened to me last night even though he worked just fine pre-patch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxil
is 25 right on the FG accuracy?

Because no matter what, even when hitting it perfectly like in this clip on an extra point, it goes nearly straight to the side.

https://gfycat.com/ExcitableCalculatingBluebottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by prof189
I had the same issue with the kicking where it went straight to the left or right. I raised the field goal accuracy to 40 and it plays pretty well. I also went back to the 0 threshold and we have been getting good results as far as qb incompletions and coverage in our franchise.
I've only had that happen to me in bad weather games.. Raising it to 30 will eliminate that issue.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:38 AM   #651
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peki
So, since the patch messed up everything, and Flazko's sliders that almost made me miss the playoffs before patch are now making me blow out everyone (playing with the Redskins), I had to go ahead and try the hardest set that I saw here - your black set.

Needless to say, I don't cheese. I don't run same plays over and over. I don't exploit the CPU AI in any way. I've been playing this game for a long time, but I can't say that I'm that good. I do like to play it as real as possible.

After being completely disappointed in the game post patch, I think that I've found my faith again with this set. It scared me in the beginning with all the 100/100/100 sliders, but after playing a game - it makes sense!

I've actually played a game and a half against Pittsburgh. Started a half of testing both man and zone coverage, running game, pass rush... Threw the ball in the double coverage a couple of times, checked out how man to man works like, and restarted the game. This is how the "main" game went:

- Lost 16-14. Can't remember the last time I've played a low scoring game like this. There were 7 TOs total tough.
- Felt like my chances to win are slim. I like that. It's the Steelers after all, and they did beat the Redskins in that game easily.
- Coverage looked TIGHT! My completion % was solid (around 65%). I did, however, had 3 INTs. First one was the one that should've not happened. Play action pass, Crowder comes out on a crossing route 20 yards deep, perfect pass that hits his helmet and bounces in the air, defender gets it. This part made me think that slider at 40 for user catching is too low (45 maybe?). Second INT came on a one on one situation over the middle. Strong blitz and Cousins did throw it slightly behind Reed, so SS picked it off. I feel like this should've rather been an incomplete pass, and made me think that 100 on INT is too high. I will, however, keep playing on that setting. Third pick was all me. Third and long in the Redzone, went deep over the middle to Reed, never saw LB drop back in coverage.
- My running game was ok, just ok. about 20 rushes for just under 80 yards for Matt Jones.
- Steelers ran the ball well. I had maybe 3 TFL, but a couple of 1 or 2 yard stops. Bell was breaking tackles when I went for the hit, but was going down when I went wrap up. Late in the game, when they were trying to run the clock out, they just kept marching and then kneeled it down. I like that. Redskins running D sucks.
- Norman was good, Breeland was mostly outplayed by AB. Ben took two shots deep to Antonio Brown, one ended up with a DPI, the other one was incomplete.
- I had two fumbles by Cousins, both my fault. Get rid of the ball on time, kids.
- I Had 5 sacks. 2 user sacks by Kerrigan. Other three on bad play action attempts. Also had two picks (MLB Compton and FS Hall)

Overall, I like it. I do have a couple of questions for Jarodd21:

- What about going higher with the fatigue setting slider? I used to play with 65 rather than 50 and it seemed great. Much more rotations. With 50, I had rarely any subs on the HBs and OLBs (3-4 D) even tough I blitzed on almost every play with them.
- How frequent to you get picks with this slider set? I'm afraid I'll get to many 2 on Big Ben is a lot, plus one dropped.

Great slider set overall. I played on Slow speed by the way. Looks most realistic to me.

All those 100s on CPU sliders do make you really respect every play!
Yeah I might try going back to 55 with fatigue.. Only problem I was having with that is the scores seem to inflate bad in the 4th quarter when everybody got tired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #652
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I agree Jarodd, I have put HUM ACC to 0 and still with Hackenbergs crappy ratings I can light up the CPU. I had to lower HUM Catch just to get a realistic completion %..... and that's with CPU 100 @ coverage, reaction, and ints.
Yeah I'm afraid to post the settings I'm using right now post patch. I lowered USER catching also and CPUs pass D is still weak. I been tweeted Rex and Clint about it. Clint seems to think it isn't a problem with the passing just because they didn't touch it. I'm trying to tell him somebody broke while they was tuning something. I think they broke the accuracy when they were messing with the drop passes. The accuracy and catching slider ties into each other.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #653
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Hey Jarrod, I've used your sliders for years and I haven't tried yours out for this iteration yet, but I do have 1 question. I noticed on the OP you have defensive holding at 99, I was wondering what the effect of holding at 99 was?
What's going on man? Long time.. That slider isn't working properly. It will say 99 out in the CFM settings but when you check the settings during your game it defaults back to 50.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:08 AM   #654
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I feel your pain, my secondary boggles my mind. I have Jason Verrett, Amerson, and Ronald Darby yet my pass defense is ranked 29th overall. I lead the league in sacks so it isn't like I can't get pressure. My DBs just let guys run wide open consistently.
Yeah the pass D overall is a mess simply because they don't make the CPU force passes into traffic. When nobody is open they will either take a sack or throw it away. That's a problem I don't think EA can fix this year. Man coverage needs to improve against slants, drags, outs, and ins.. DBs react too slow. I would like to see good DBs react quickly to those routes if been used a lot agaisnt them.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #655
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
Does it make a difference whether you try these sliders in an offline franchise rather than an online franchise?
I only play Offline so I'm not sure if it's a difference with online CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #656
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey Jarodd,

When do you think you'll be posting updated slider settings post-patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »