Home

Speed ParitY

This is a discussion on Speed ParitY within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Speed ParitY

I would suggest every1 try normal at 0 speed threshold.

the higher the speed threshold less separating of fast/quick guys.
the lower you can tell the difference a lot especially at suggestion i posted above.

Big plays is part of NFL scheme better for it on D or acquire better talent if in CFM. I want burners to be burners. I don't want a lineman catching my rb from behind unless he in traffic still at LOS.

if their is a few yards between us and he is some room to operate no reason he should make tackle unless he has high speed/pursit and lanes close up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #26
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimchipkelly

the lower you can tell the difference a lot especially at suggestion i posted above.

Big plays is part of NFL scheme better for it on D or acquire better talent if in CFM. I want burners to be burners. I don't want a lineman catching my rb from behind unless he in traffic still at LOS.

if their is a few yards between us and he is some room to operate no reason he should make tackle unless he has high speed/pursit and lanes close up.
I tried it at 0 for a few games and AJ Green would get like 400 yards receiving at 4 TD's and this happened in multiple games.

I'm all for some big plays but I still want realistic stats. I keep my speed parity at 50 which is good.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:35 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I tried it at 0 for a few games and AJ Green would get like 400 yards receiving at 4 TD's and this happened in multiple games.

I'm all for some big plays but I still want realistic stats. I keep my speed parity at 50 which is good.
LIke I posted earlier it's all about the slider combination when you have the threshold at 0. It's no chance of anybody getting 400 yards receiving with AJ Green using my sliders.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:03 AM   #28
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

Just tried normal speed 85 parity.. Looked solid
Old 08-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithinkimchipkelly

But on Sunday's you can see lineman getting RB from behind with a quick burst and dive / tackle. Every Sunday. Sure, they shouldn't be able to outrun the RB down the field, but they do get them.

I think the big runs get snapped off with regularity at speed parity 50. Burners don't beat the secondary downfield much at 50 unless they have a release advantage (assuming press man for a downfield shot). It helps keep the game realistic in terms of downfield passing.

If you are keen on your deep threats getting more quickly past the secondary I am assure you a more modest change to 45 will actually do the trick. At 0 your OL may struggle to get to the second level as quickly as you want for them to lay blocks for the RB so that backfires a bit.

I hope this helps
Old 08-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #30
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz17
Just tried normal speed 85 parity.. Looked solid
But normally there's a tradeoff. By increasing the speed parity to something high like 85, this means that receivers aren't getting as open because of the CB's keeping up with them.

This in turn means the QB's are waiting UNTIL they get open, and end up taking coverage sacks cause they're holding onto the ball too long. Sure they throw the ball away sometimes, but they end up taking too many sacks.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:32 AM   #31
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

But you play on 90?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 09:39 AM   #32
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz17
But you play on 90?
I used to but ended up getting frustrated cause of so many sacks so I went back to 50 and it's been alot better. But another tradeoff is the bigger plays. Elite RB's and WR's are scorching me.

There HAS to be a happy middle ground lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »