Speed ParitY - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Speed ParitY

This is a discussion on Speed ParitY within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-31-2016, 07:32 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Speed ParitY

If you play on slow game speed you need speed parity below 50 to get much separation.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #42
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzayla
If you play on slow game speed you need speed parity below 50 to get much separation.
Game speed shouldn't have an impact on that.

I tried 100 and I really enjoyed it for the one game. I won 23-16 on default All-Pro and it was a grind to run the football for me and the CPU.

I think people get a bit too rushed in trying to make a determination, which I can also be guilty of.

I was MIN vs CHI and AP was having a tough time running the football. I think I went 21-71-1 in the game. I can sit there and say "well you know I'd really like to hit that 4.0 ypc mark" but the reality is that there are games when it's a grind. Sometimes HB's have 20 carries for like 30 yards. It happens.

It takes multiple games to truly see what you need to change.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-31-2016, 09:38 AM   #43
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I think people get a bit too rushed in trying to make a determination, which I can also be guilty of.

I was MIN vs CHI and AP was having a tough time running the football. I think I went 21-71-1 in the game. I can sit there and say "well you know I'd really like to hit that 4.0 ypc mark" but the reality is that there are games when it's a grind. Sometimes HB's have 20 carries for like 30 yards. It happens.

I know this isn't necessarily a thread dedicated to this so it'll get buried, but THIS. As a data analyst, I shake my head when I see the main factor in driving slider sets is guys jumping into a game, maybe 5, and gauging how it feels. Feel should be a factor, but one person with one team has no way of accurately gauging whether they are an elite running team, a bad passing team, etc. etc. This is why I rely on league stats. That 18 attempt 30 yds game doesn't look nearly as bad if it was a fluke that happens once every 3-4 weeks x 16 user games per week. So, ~2% of the time. But to the user where it happened, of course in their head RBK sliders are totally f'd.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 08-31-2016, 10:18 AM   #44
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzayla
Interesting. After another game on slow speed. The Cpu qb (Cousins) hardly goes down field. Holds it, holds it then dumps off under 10 yds. At midnight, I decide to switch it to normal speed. First drive he is throwing downfield more. Well 2 or 3 times. As much as the whole game I just played previously. 50 threshold

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2016, 10:21 AM   #45
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:

I tried 100 and I really enjoyed it for the one game. I won 23-16 on default All-Pro and it was a grind to run the football for me and the CPU.

This is several games I've had with the qb not throwing downfield. A couple people have the problem as me. Alot of people do not. I bet they play at default speed (normal). Or adjusted the threshold. Has to be

Old 08-31-2016, 10:52 AM   #46
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Quote:

I definitely could be guilty of that. Only played 1 series at normal speed. 50 speed parity. Saw a difference in 1 series lol. But I'm so hoping its true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
I know this isn't necessarily a thread dedicated to this so it'll get buried, but THIS. As a data analyst, I shake my head when I see the main factor in driving slider sets is guys jumping into a game, maybe 5, and gauging how it feels. Feel should be a factor, but one person with one team has no way of accurately gauging whether they are an elite running team, a bad passing team, etc. etc. This is why I rely on league stats. That 18 attempt 30 yds game doesn't look nearly as bad if it was a fluke that happens once every 3-4 weeks x 16 user games per week. So, ~2% of the time. But to the user where it happened, of course in their head RBK sliders are totally f'd.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:28 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 3

good discussion here...
Old 09-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #48
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

OVR: 0

100 normal speed..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »