Home

Reaction time and pass coverage

This is a discussion on Reaction time and pass coverage within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Reaction time and pass coverage

Sorry I am sure this comes up every year but new Madden player here and had a question. I play career mode with created player and trying to put together a slider set. My question is what direction does what with reaction time and pass coverage. If I move reaction time down towards 0 will that make the defense react faster or slower? And if I move coverage up towards 100 will that make tighter coverage. My games have been a little one sided as computer seems to only pass for 150-200yd a game will completion %around 45-50%. I would like to make my defense a little slower to see better stats from computer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 02:20 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Reaction time and pass coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by willert88
Sorry I am sure this comes up every year but new Madden player here and had a question. I play career mode with created player and trying to put together a slider set. My question is what direction does what with reaction time and pass coverage. If I move reaction time down towards 0 will that make the defense react faster or slower? And if I move coverage up towards 100 will that make tighter coverage. My games have been a little one sided as computer seems to only pass for 150-200yd a game will completion %around 45-50%. I would like to make my defense a little slower to see better stats from computer.
not sure ?
Old 08-26-2016, 05:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I know reaction time turned down to 0 makes defensive players react slower to what they see, kind of like it is taking more time for them to process the information. If you turn that up, they react fast to what they see, too high and they will begin to react before they should.

Pass coverage is how well defensive players play their zones.

Interceptions , you want to think of man coverage. Higher and the defenders will stick closer to their man. In a perfect world interceptions would be the probability that the defender will intercept the ball (what a concept), however in the Madden world, not so much. There are hidden meanings in each slider, look around the forums and learn more about what sliders really do. Penalties affect play as well.

You need to go here to learn more about how changing penalty sliders affect how the game plays:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...7-sliders.html
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 08-26-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
Banned

rich8682's Arena

I've always heard that pass reaction time is reversed: lower is better reactions. I play with 10 reaction/100 coverage and have been seeing good results.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 10:01 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Can anyone confirm the reaction time slider? Is a lower number=slower reactions or vice versa?

I'm having a tough time tuning these two sliders and CPU pass blocking. Im on All Madden with 85 user pass coverage, 85 user defensive reactions, and I think 47 cpu pass blocking. My plays seem to be either the cpu has no one open but all day to throw but ends with a sack or throw away, or the cpu has wide open receivers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There was a huge discussion on this last year. Unfortunately the slider for reaction time was so weak that people often argued about whether it was reversed or not. I don't think anybody came to a strong agreement about it so I will use the KISS system and simply assume Reaction time is better when the slider is higher and applies more to zone. Pass Coverage is more man to man coverage (how tight they are) and the higher the better the coverage.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...us-thread.html
Old 08-31-2016, 10:01 PM   #7
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Until I get real proof to prove me wrong I will continue to use them as they are labled.

Pass reaction time- when you raise it defenders react faster in pass coverage

Int- raising increases the chance of defenders making ints

Pass coverage- raising it makes pass coverage better.

So if you put all 3 at 100 and don't have petter coverage I would be shocked
Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Reaction Time

To me this is a true way to separate player awareness....with a low reaction time players with high awareness will still react to the pass better than low awareness guys....

This slider is what stops players from having PHYSIC POWERS on the field in coverage

The higher you increase it the more they recognize a pass even if they aren't looking at the ball.

This Slider is essentially nothing more than the old KNOCKDOWN Slider from past Maddens it just has a different name now

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »