Home

OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 08:59 AM   #25
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Lol. Well, I THOUGHT I was playing a good defense against KC! Lol. I don't think it was the fumble slider (actually, no fumbles were cashed), but their CB2 SUX!!! And, Julio chewed him out and spat him out. Too many 1 v 1 match ups occurred, and each time he seemed to be running a streak. So, he had like 7-8 catches for 300 yards and 4 TDs. Each one was 'wide open' because the CB wasn't getting a good jam, was slower than Julio, and had no safety help due to d playcall. Their MLB, Johnson, was injured, so just, overall, they didn't have enough on d. I could've thrown to Julio all day. Running the ball with Freeman was only 50-60 yards with maybe a 3.0 avg. that's because they are primarily a blitz d, I guess. So, not many lanes. I'll tell u what fumbles at 43 appeared to do (only 1 game looked at so far, so u never know, but) was add some heat seeker to every tackler. Seriously, I felt the d players (CPU and hum) made more of a straight line to the ball carrier. I kind of liked this. Oh yeah, Jamal Charles was also injured, and I was curious to see how he played. . So, I was able to bottle up their 2nd string RB pretty well, but he broke 1 good run. I scored on a couple of screens, actually, that looked pretty nice. The blocking on screens with these sliders can be quite rewarding actually. U can see some impact blocks by blockers running out to help with the screen. It's possible that the fumble heat seeker thing helped the impact blocks happen more, and I think I'm going to dial that down some, maybe try 47 next game. I beat them, overall, 45-30. Oh yeah, Alex smith was injured as well. Lol. Just, FYI, in terms of final score and overall gameplay, they had a lot of injuries. Nick foles played ok. I think he had 300 yards, actually, but he threw some inaccurate passes, which was nice, and pretty sure he was 50-60%. Anyways, just updating on the fumbles. I don't update the op unless I feel it's working, so I'm going to continue to play with fumbles a little and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 12:21 PM   #26
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Well, I THOUGHT I was playing a good defense against KC! Lol. I don't think it was the fumble slider (actually, no fumbles were cashed), but their CB2 SUX!!! And, Julio chewed him out and spat him out. Too many 1 v 1 match ups occurred, and each time he seemed to be running a streak. So, he had like 7-8 catches for 300 yards and 4 TDs. Each one was 'wide open' because the CB wasn't getting a good jam, was slower than Julio, and had no safety help due to d playcall. Their MLB, Johnson, was injured, so just, overall, they didn't have enough on d. I could've thrown to Julio all day. Running the ball with Freeman was only 50-60 yards with maybe a 3.0 avg. that's because they are primarily a blitz d, I guess. So, not many lanes. I'll tell u what fumbles at 43 appeared to do (only 1 game looked at so far, so u never know, but) was add some heat seeker to every tackler. Seriously, I felt the d players (CPU and hum) made more of a straight line to the ball carrier. I kind of liked this. Oh yeah, Jamal Charles was also injured, and I was curious to see how he played. . So, I was able to bottle up their 2nd string RB pretty well, but he broke 1 good run. I scored on a couple of screens, actually, that looked pretty nice. The blocking on screens with these sliders can be quite rewarding actually. U can see some impact blocks by blockers running out to help with the screen. It's possible that the fumble heat seeker thing helped the impact blocks happen more, and I think I'm going to dial that down some, maybe try 47 next game. I beat them, overall, 45-30. Oh yeah, Alex smith was injured as well. Lol. Just, FYI, in terms of final score and overall gameplay, they had a lot of injuries. Nick foles played ok. I think he had 300 yards, actually, but he threw some inaccurate passes, which was nice, and pretty sure he was 50-60%. Anyways, just updating on the fumbles. I don't update the op unless I feel it's working, so I'm going to continue to play with fumbles a little and see what happens.

Sounds just like the real Chiefs right now lol. After watching preseason, teams are going to attack that corner opposite Marcus Peters.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #27
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Yeah, just played a really quality game vs Rams. I won 27-24 on final drive of the game. They scored the go ahead TD with 35s left. I ran the kick back to the 40. Then, 2-3 nice passes to 25. They tried to ice me twice (I had 9s left and 1 TO, so I wanted one more pass play for a little better field position. They came out in a nickel formation, but I really think they called time out because the game thought it was an icing situation. Lol). Then, I called a FG, lined up, and they iced me with another TO. I didn't notice anything different with kicking meter, however, and made the kick. I put fumbles at 47 and liked the overall gameplay better than 43. Good tackling all around in this game. I'm going to lower to 46 next game and see what it looks like. I did have one absolutely quality hit stick hit in this game. No fumble on the play, but it was a big hit. I would still like to see more of those. Gurley was injured, and Tre mason played ok. He had less than 100 yards and I d'd him up pretty good except for ONE BIG RUN right up the middle. Excellent blocking on the play, and I think 1 legit broken tackle, and he was gone for 50-60 yard TD.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #28
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

twitch.tv/harryshotter1974

Streaming a test all rookie fantasy draft Online CFM with these sliders.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:12 PM   #29
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I'm going to twitch a game atl vs sf right about now. SF is 2-11. Lol. So, we'll see what it looks like. But, thought I would stream some games here and there.

https://www.twitch.tv/ohmrhanky

Old 08-26-2016, 08:44 PM   #30
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

I've also been testing with all the sliders at 0 (on All-Madden), the idea being that it'll throw the slider out of the equation and the players will play true to rating.

I've upped the QB Accuracy to 9 (weird number I know), but I felt this was the point where there were some occasional overthrows and misfires, but every pass wasn't on the money or 10 yards off.

I've left pass blocking at 0, just to see if you could get a pass rush at all (still hard to do).

WR Catching I've bumped up to 38 and am seeing a fair number of passes caught, even after the WR takes a big hit. Combined that with the QB accuracy and I've been very pleased.

I've set the reaction time to 30 and pass coverage to 3, and I don't have a very good rationale for the pass coverage being set at 3. I know I was just frustrated with my LBs clearing out (and I mean CLEARING out) the middle of the field even when their zone took them to the middle.

I'm gonna play a game right now and post the results. But I felt I was in a good spot with the passing game last night.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #31
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I'm going to twitch a game atl vs sf right about now. SF is 2-11. Lol. So, we'll see what it looks like. But, thought I would stream some games here and there.

https://www.twitch.tv/ohmrhanky

Twitch ended. I win 42-20. Hyde ran all over me for 100+. Kap threw some nice inaccurate throws. He ended up at like 63% and 167 yards. Freeman had 100+ and 3 TDs. Coleman had an 80 yard run and 2 TDs overall. Julio only had 2 catches as I concentrated on running game. Ryan was 73%, I think.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #32
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Lol. And, oh no!!! I'm going to play with tackling some. Just destroyed the panthers. Freeman broke tackles on keuchly multiple times. One play, he broke him twice. Lol. Maybe, Freeman's a bada$$? He had like 273 yards. What's tough is looking at replays, the real reason he breaks some long runs is the excellent blocking!! And, by that, I mean the run blocking with the zero sliders just makes them look like the nasty Olinemen they should be! Running downfield and attacking the d. This is what I want to see, actually. But, I'm gonna play around with some things with the idea of difficulty factored in. I wasn't sure how well all zeros would work, anyways. But, just putting that out there. I'm going to play with tackling and pass coverage, too. I have a feeling the tackling slider itself may affect blockshed, so that could help in terms of difficulty and getting off a blocks a little quicker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »