Home

OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 01:19 PM   #41
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
Any updates? I really like what you have here. I raised TACKLE up to 35, 0 had D.Sproles looking like 02 Jamal Lewis lol I dropped QB acc also. Would love to see what your testing now
I updated the OP with my ALTERNATE SET in RED if u want to try them out. You'll see they are VASTLY different from zeros. lol. I've played around with sliders for a few years, and while the game may change, there are certain things that I can sort of see with animations and some gameplay, that I kind of tried a few things here and there, and overall, I just like the way the game is playing now with that alt set. And, I've lost 2 games in a row that were just nail biters, and absolute defensive struggles - or, i struggled offensively. You'll notice a lot of the alt set is "47". This may seem odd, but again, this actually has history from some slider stuff I've done in the past. There is just something about that number for certain sliders that seems to give the game more "dynamic" gameplay. Based on what the devs have said, all sliders simply affect the dice rolls being calculated in the game. And, for some reason, 47 just feels like it throws more "correct" balancing to gameplay. All Blocking has been set to 17. I feel fairly solid in this number. I played a few games at 15, 17, 18, and 19, actually, and i, legit saw different gameplay. The "cleanest" and "best" gameplay simply came from either 17 or 18. Now, the interesting thing here is this. At 17, u will see more special moves attempted and more special moves successful, HOWEVER, it is NOT overpowered AT ALL, imo. They simply occur more often than at 18. The other thing I see at 17, is that the offensive players tend to fall forward CORRECTLY when tackled from behind, or breaking tackles, etc. This makes the "weight" of the players feel correct. If a player is tackled frontside, he may fall back as well, so it's not "all the time" that they fall forward. Again, it just feels "correct". At 18 (and, yes, i know, ONE POINT DIFFERENCE, but YES, u will absolutely see different gameplay), u will see a few "awkward" tackles where the RB SHOULD fall forward, but instead, falls backward from certain tackles. Also, U will see less special moves performed, and u will have less success with them. Which, ultimately, is interesting to me and is a spot where u can quickly adjust for difficulty if u like. If u try with 17, and win some games, and aren't feeling the difficulty, legit, raise it to 18. And, u can do this for cpu or hum depending on where the struggle lies. If the cpu is too dominant, u might actually increase cpu blocking to 18, and u will see they will probably be tackled backwards a few more times per game resulting in less 1st downs. And, obviously, again, if u feel too strong, u can up HUM blocking to 18, and u should see less gains, and less broken tackles. So, anyways, that's what I'm seeing with the alt set. I know they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than ZEROS, but I feel like the zeros were a little too "wonky", unfortunately. Again, I tried zeros in the past, and thought it might be interesting to try them with madden 17. Oh, also, something about the 17 and 18 on the blocking. At 17, the animations just feel "cleaner" and "smoother", actually. So, that was something else that has steered me towards using 17. If u give those a shot, let me know how they feel. Everyone plays different, and it's always interesting to hear what other people see with sliders. Again, I've really only played 2 games, now, but they were actually fantastic close, tough battles. A few deep balls to Julio, a few long runs for freeman, but also finding it tough to get it to Julio, and also struggling on some runs. So, for me, the game felt a little more "organic". You should see this on the lineplay, btw. I feel like there is some real "randomness" to pocket formation and with run blocking. You'll sometimes see a defender break through, and sometimes not. More often than not, I feel like the blockers are also blocking their correct assignment or "nearest threat", and that is something I always shoot for. So, anyways, let me know what u think if u get a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I updated the OP with my ALTERNATE SET in RED if u want to try them out. You'll see they are VASTLY different from zeros. lol. I've played around with sliders for a few years, and while the game may change, there are certain things that I can sort of see with animations and some gameplay, that I kind of tried a few things here and there, and overall, I just like the way the game is playing now with that alt set. And, I've lost 2 games in a row that were just nail biters, and absolute defensive struggles - or, i struggled offensively. You'll notice a lot of the alt set is "47". This may seem odd, but again, this actually has history from some slider stuff I've done in the past. There is just something about that number for certain sliders that seems to give the game more "dynamic" gameplay. Based on what the devs have said, all sliders simply affect the dice rolls being calculated in the game. And, for some reason, 47 just feels like it throws more "correct" balancing to gameplay. All Blocking has been set to 17. I feel fairly solid in this number. I played a few games at 15, 17, 18, and 19, actually, and i, legit saw different gameplay. The "cleanest" and "best" gameplay simply came from either 17 or 18. Now, the interesting thing here is this. At 17, u will see more special moves attempted and more special moves successful, HOWEVER, it is NOT overpowered AT ALL, imo. They simply occur more often than at 18. The other thing I see at 17, is that the offensive players tend to fall forward CORRECTLY when tackled from behind, or breaking tackles, etc. This makes the "weight" of the players feel correct. If a player is tackled frontside, he may fall back as well, so it's not "all the time" that they fall forward. Again, it just feels "correct". At 18 (and, yes, i know, ONE POINT DIFFERENCE, but YES, u will absolutely see different gameplay), u will see a few "awkward" tackles where the RB SHOULD fall forward, but instead, falls backward from certain tackles. Also, U will see less special moves performed, and u will have less success with them. Which, ultimately, is interesting to me and is a spot where u can quickly adjust for difficulty if u like. If u try with 17, and win some games, and aren't feeling the difficulty, legit, raise it to 18. And, u can do this for cpu or hum depending on where the struggle lies. If the cpu is too dominant, u might actually increase cpu blocking to 18, and u will see they will probably be tackled backwards a few more times per game resulting in less 1st downs. And, obviously, again, if u feel too strong, u can up HUM blocking to 18, and u should see less gains, and less broken tackles. So, anyways, that's what I'm seeing with the alt set. I know they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than ZEROS, but I feel like the zeros were a little too "wonky", unfortunately. Again, I tried zeros in the past, and thought it might be interesting to try them with madden 17. Oh, also, something about the 17 and 18 on the blocking. At 17, the animations just feel "cleaner" and "smoother", actually. So, that was something else that has steered me towards using 17. If u give those a shot, let me know how they feel. Everyone plays different, and it's always interesting to hear what other people see with sliders. Again, I've really only played 2 games, now, but they were actually fantastic close, tough battles. A few deep balls to Julio, a few long runs for freeman, but also finding it tough to get it to Julio, and also struggling on some runs. So, for me, the game felt a little more "organic". You should see this on the lineplay, btw. I feel like there is some real "randomness" to pocket formation and with run blocking. You'll sometimes see a defender break through, and sometimes not. More often than not, I feel like the blockers are also blocking their correct assignment or "nearest threat", and that is something I always shoot for. So, anyways, let me know what u think if u get a chance.
Sounds very interesting! Can't wait to plug these in. Your set has been the closest thing to dynamic+competitive gameplay I've tried on OS. Please keepus updated if you find anything. Thanks for the in-depth analysis on your process
Old 08-30-2016, 08:34 PM   #43
Rookie

JEEZUS! Great work, the tackle animations are amazing, animations in general are crisp. I did drop the QB acc 17 hum 13 cpu, kept the fumbles at 50 and INT at 50.

I may mess around with QB acc but I love the Dynamics. Injuries at 53 & fatigue at 56. Everything else I plugged in from your set
Old 09-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #44
Rookie

Any new testing
Old 09-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #45
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
Any new testing

Yeah. I been changing a few things around lately. I feel pretty close to a set that I like. Strangely, I've been struggling so much passing the ball, that in trying to figure out the deal there. I HAVE to keep QB acc at 50!!! Lol. Matty ice is throwing picks all over the place. And, legit, I just played the panthers and was completely disgusted by the CPU cheating Julio, specifically. I went up top to him 3 separate occasions. On 2 plays, he was lined up against their cb2 who has 87 speed and 80/81 man/zone. They were 1 on 1 on those plays. Both plays, jones had a step. I throw a lob. Right at the end of both plays, jones slows down, and the CB gets a speed boost and intercepts those 2 balls. It was completely ridiculous. Julio should own that guy. Only thing that guy had is 97 jump. But, the fact he caught up and passed Julio to get INT just irks me. On the other play, I purposely threw into double coverage, but Julio had position. And, again, he makes this weak attempt at the ball and it's intercepted. I actually won the game. I've upped WR catch to 53 to help my own passing struggles to see if that sort of alters the flight of the ball. Which, it does, and I like mostly what i see, but it's plays like those that kill the game for me. Also, I have fumble at 47 and tackling at 46 for both CPU and hum. These numbers are sort of important. If u drop fumble to 46, u start seeing 'wonky' animations. The ultra fast animations. So, 47 is as low as I'll go on fumbles. Because of the weird speed issues I was seeing, I upped min speed thresh to 47. But, now, because of what I saw/see with fumbles, and with Julio being outplayed by a scrub, I'm lowering that back down, but slowly until I see what I want to see. So, trying 46 for my next game. I'm like 4-6 in my 2nd season of CFM. Lol. So, ive been trying to slider the game to play realistic and difficult, but not so damn difficult as the CPU cheats me out of good plays. So, I may post the whole set changes soon. Interesting about fumbles, too. I've been playing with fatigue and auto subs. Players were getting too winded and this and that. Turns out the fumble slider was actually affecting that. Lol. As I said, the fumble at 46 resulted in faster animations and bigger hits. I think it also affected the stamina of players because of the speed and big hits every play or something. Totally silly and ridiculous, but so is madden, apparently. But, anyways, that's why I say fumbles stay at 47 and no lower. I'm still seeing fumbles, and by lowering tackling a little, u see a few more special moves, and I'm still seeing occasional hit sticks. That game against cam, too, he actually scrambled some and gained yardage. Both QBs were like low 60% completion and I saw inaccurate throws. So, I think I'm close to something I like for me. I'll try and post tonite or tomorrow. They're pretty close to what I had. Still using 17 for all blocking, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #46
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Oh yeah, I also have a feeling that WR catch 53 helps reduce what I would call the 'erroneous QB fumbles' where the QB arm actually is moving forward and it really doesn't look like a fumble to me. So, that was actually another interesting item. Something u wouldn't think would have anything to do with it, but I've seen stranger slider connections before. So, it's like, again, something in the code at WR catch 50+ or whatever has the ball/arm moving forward more/quicker or something.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #47
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Oh yeah, I also have a feeling that WR catch 53 helps reduce what I would call the 'erroneous QB fumbles' where the QB arm actually is moving forward and it really doesn't look like a fumble to me. So, that was actually another interesting item. Something u wouldn't think would have anything to do with it, but I've seen stranger slider connections before. So, it's like, again, something in the code at WR catch 50+ or whatever has the ball/arm moving forward more/quicker or something.

Actually, this may be a result of 46 tackling. I have both CPU and HUM set to 46 tackling. It's sort of telling the CPU, 'I shouldn't get tackled yet, therefore the ball is released' and it becomes a forward pass instead of a fumble.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:39 AM   #48
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

The Jump rating is what matters for cornerbacks on jump balls. If the CB has a higher jump rating than your reciever they are going to win most of the jump ball situations. This is especially important for swat balls and going for picks.

So, never just straight up lob it. You have to push the left stick up AND hold LB/L1 for high pass, then lob it to your reciever so if you do throw it your receiver can run under it (if they've beaten the defender by a step or two), or you're guaranteed to over throw it for an incomplete pass at worst.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »