OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17) - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #49
Rookie
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Blog Entries: 3
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah. I been changing a few things around lately. I feel pretty close to a set that I like. Strangely, I've been struggling so much passing the ball, that in trying to figure out the deal there. I HAVE to keep QB acc at 50!!! Lol. Matty ice is throwing picks all over the place. And, legit, I just played the panthers and was completely disgusted by the CPU cheating Julio, specifically. I went up top to him 3 separate occasions. On 2 plays, he was lined up against their cb2 who has 87 speed and 80/81 man/zone. They were 1 on 1 on those plays. Both plays, jones had a step. I throw a lob. Right at the end of both plays, jones slows down, and the CB gets a speed boost and intercepts those 2 balls. It was completely ridiculous. Julio should own that guy. Only thing that guy had is 97 jump. But, the fact he caught up and passed Julio to get INT just irks me. On the other play, I purposely threw into double coverage, but Julio had position. And, again, he makes this weak attempt at the ball and it's intercepted. I actually won the game. I've upped WR catch to 53 to help my own passing struggles to see if that sort of alters the flight of the ball. Which, it does, and I like mostly what i see, but it's plays like those that kill the game for me. Also, I have fumble at 47 and tackling at 46 for both CPU and hum. These numbers are sort of important. If u drop fumble to 46, u start seeing 'wonky' animations. The ultra fast animations. So, 47 is as low as I'll go on fumbles. Because of the weird speed issues I was seeing, I upped min speed thresh to 47. But, now, because of what I saw/see with fumbles, and with Julio being outplayed by a scrub, I'm lowering that back down, but slowly until I see what I want to see. So, trying 46 for my next game. I'm like 4-6 in my 2nd season of CFM. Lol. So, ive been trying to slider the game to play realistic and difficult, but not so damn difficult as the CPU cheats me out of good plays. So, I may post the whole set changes soon. Interesting about fumbles, too. I've been playing with fatigue and auto subs. Players were getting too winded and this and that. Turns out the fumble slider was actually affecting that. Lol. As I said, the fumble at 46 resulted in faster animations and bigger hits. I think it also affected the stamina of players because of the speed and big hits every play or something. Totally silly and ridiculous, but so is madden, apparently. But, anyways, that's why I say fumbles stay at 47 and no lower. I'm still seeing fumbles, and by lowering tackling a little, u see a few more special moves, and I'm still seeing occasional hit sticks. That game against cam, too, he actually scrambled some and gained yardage. Both QBs were like low 60% completion and I saw inaccurate throws. So, I think I'm close to something I like for me. I'll try and post tonite or tomorrow. They're pretty close to what I had. Still using 17 for all blocking, actually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I plugged in your changes above and I'm getting great results! Animations are on point, the run game feels organic, and with a few pass acc adjustments QB play is dynamic. Mediocre guys standout alot. So this is what I have...

QBA -15/16 (You have to use the pass modifiers! 70-75 mid acc rated QBs will struggle on deep post and out routes. Touch/Lob passes are your best friend)

Pass blk -17
Catch -53
Run B - 17
Fumbles -47
Pads D time -47
Int -50
Pass- 47
Tak -46

Inj 53
Fatigue 57
Threshold 48

54 offsides
55 fs
55 holding
54 d holding
52 fm
55 def pi
(Nice range of penaltys a game)

FG acc 47

Your sliders are the best I've tried, these are some tweaks I've made to the set.
hoop xyience is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #50
Rookie
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Blog Entries: 3
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Actually, this may be a result of 46 tackling. I have both CPU and HUM set to 46 tackling. It's sort of telling the CPU, 'I shouldn't get tackled yet, therefore the ball is released' and it becomes a forward pass instead of a fumble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you recommend messing around with Run Blocking?
hoop xyience is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #51
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
Would you recommend messing around with Run Blocking?


I'm not sure, yet. I still really like how the blocking itself looks. But, I'm still struggling to get some average 3-4 yard runs. I'm really stuck getting -1, -2, and 0 yard gains. And, then, maybe I'll break a 50 yarder. So, the overall avg might look decent (4+ yard avg because of 50 yard run), but the ind run game still feels like a struggle. Because of the weirdness I saw with blocking in general in terms of slidering them, I really feel stuck on 17, and want to tweak other things to help. As an example, it may be possible to lower to tackling another tick. What this helps with running is block shedding. So, lowering tackling a little can have the effect of a block holding longer or the D player doesn't attempt a tackle as quickly as before. I think I'm already seeing this at 46, and I want to keep difficulty there. The other piece that effects running is min speed thresh. Again, u have to be careful not to go too low as this can lower difficulty some. But, here again, what I see happening is that since the RB is almost always going to be faster, the speed parity helps the RB 'get away' from the defender before the tackle can be made. So, those are kind of multiple ways that I try to tweak things to get the 'proper' results. I have min speed at 46 right now and I finally saw Julio (93 speed) burn a weak CB (87 speed) last game. And, Freeman was able to move more in the running game. I think min speed prob needs to stay at 46. I think it might be too fast any lower. I think my struggles with running may be line related as well, so I try to take that into account. I had to draft a RG in the 3rd round and start him. Lol. So, when I watch a replay of a bad run and HE gets beat, I say, 'oh well.' But, when I watch a replay, and someone else gets beat and Freeman doesn't break a tackle or something, then I look to tweak things. But, really, I feel this is pretty close right now. On replays, I'm noticing I'm missing holes here and there. And, whether it's the sliders or the game, itself, the running holes are kind of dynamic, actually, which is good/realistic. U might expect a hole to open between RG and RT on a certain play, but if the D fills the hole, gotta see that quickly and bounce it out. Now, if I see where the whole d is up my a$$ every time I run, u can also lower pass reaction time. I haven't messed with this much this year (or last year, I think I left this at 50, and it was fine), but 47-50 seems about right. But, I do believe this can effect the reaction time of defenders properly reading the run and what not. So, if u lower this, I think u would see LBs reacting a second slower allowing your RB to hit the hole first. So, those are a couple ways to alter running, I believe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:23 AM   #52
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar53
The Jump rating is what matters for cornerbacks on jump balls. If the CB has a higher jump rating than your reciever they are going to win most of the jump ball situations. This is especially important for swat balls and going for picks.

So, never just straight up lob it. You have to push the left stick up AND hold LB/L1 for high pass, then lob it to your reciever so if you do throw it your receiver can run under it (if they've beaten the defender by a step or two), or you're guaranteed to over throw it for an incomplete pass at worst.


Yeah, I hear ya. I don't always use the LB for lobs, as I shouldn't have to. Lol. Especially with Julio. I mean, on one of the plays I mentioned, Julio had a step on the defender, and he had inside position. I either lobbed, or pressed up and in a little plus lob as that was where Julio had the position advantage, imo. And, the ball goes up, and the defender warps a little to somehow magically get over the top of Julio and he out jumps Julio over the top to get the INT. I mean, I know it's a game, and I've seen things like this before, but this just wasn't realistic. If they had been step for step, this would've been ok. But, the warping that happened was what really bugged me, and I feel is the min speed had been more correct, Julius speed would've led him better in that circumstance. But, yeah, I may start high pointing those throws as well. It certainly can't hurt, especially with Julio.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #53
Rookie
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Blog Entries: 3
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I'm not sure, yet. I still really like how the blocking itself looks. But, I'm still struggling to get some average 3-4 yard runs. I'm really stuck getting -1, -2, and 0 yard gains. And, then, maybe I'll break a 50 yarder. So, the overall avg might look decent (4+ yard avg because of 50 yard run), but the ind run game still feels like a struggle. Because of the weirdness I saw with blocking in general in terms of slidering them, I really feel stuck on 17, and want to tweak other things to help. As an example, it may be possible to lower to tackling another tick. What this helps with running is block shedding. So, lowering tackling a little can have the effect of a block holding longer or the D player doesn't attempt a tackle as quickly as before. I think I'm already seeing this at 46, and I want to keep difficulty there. The other piece that effects running is min speed thresh. Again, u have to be careful not to go too low as this can lower difficulty some. But, here again, what I see happening is that since the RB is almost always going to be faster, the speed parity helps the RB 'get away' from the defender before the tackle can be made. So, those are kind of multiple ways that I try to tweak things to get the 'proper' results. I have min speed at 46 right now and I finally saw Julio (93 speed) burn a weak CB (87 speed) last game. And, Freeman was able to move more in the running game. I think min speed prob needs to stay at 46. I think it might be too fast any lower. I think my struggles with running may be line related as well, so I try to take that into account. I had to draft a RG in the 3rd round and start him. Lol. So, when I watch a replay of a bad run and HE gets beat, I say, 'oh well.' But, when I watch a replay, and someone else gets beat and Freeman doesn't break a tackle or something, then I look to tweak things. But, really, I feel this is pretty close right now. On replays, I'm noticing I'm missing holes here and there. And, whether it's the sliders or the game, itself, the running holes are kind of dynamic, actually, which is good/realistic. U might expect a hole to open between RG and RT on a certain play, but if the D fills the hole, gotta see that quickly and bounce it out. Now, if I see where the whole d is up my a$$ every time I run, u can also lower pass reaction time. I haven't messed with this much this year (or last year, I think I left this at 50, and it was fine), but 47-50 seems about right. But, I do believe this can effect the reaction time of defenders properly reading the run and what not. So, if u lower this, I think u would see LBs reacting a second slower allowing your RB to hit the hole first. So, those are a couple ways to alter running, I believe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great analysis! I'm gonna up the 'reaction time' to 48 and see any differences. Right now I'm soooo close to the sweetspot as far as sliders. Your updates in the poat above solved the QB fumble issues, I just can't get the CPU QB to sramble lol, do you think it have something to do with QB acc? Or player traits?
hoop xyience is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #54
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
Great analysis! I'm gonna up the 'reaction time' to 48 and see any differences. Right now I'm soooo close to the sweetspot as far as sliders. Your updates in the poat above solved the QB fumble issues, I just can't get the CPU QB to sramble lol, do you think it have something to do with QB acc? Or player traits?


It could be. I've seen others post that. But, honestly, with the sliders I'm using now, I played buffalo and Carolina recently. Tyrod Taylor rolled out on the 10 yard line, didn't see anyone open, and scrambled for a TD. Newton ran the ball once or twice on option reads (once for a HUGE gain), and he also scrambled a few times. So, right now, I'm actually seeing some scrambling from QBs. And, I reset the QB acc to 50 recently. And, I played saints recently, too. Even at 50, he ended up at like 62%. Newton was around 60% as well. And, in that saints game, I absolutely saw Brees doing the right things, and he actually made some slightly inaccurate throws a few times. So, I'm actually pretty pleased with CPU QB play right now. And, on top of all that, I'm only averaging I'd say about 3 sacks a game. So, for me, the CPU is getting rid of the ball appropriately. And, I believe this is another consequence of lowering tackling. So, I haven't had to change traits, and I will never be doing that, lol, simply because I don't want to have to mess with the entire league traits. I just want to get the sliders to where I hopefully see good football. And, again, I am seeing that now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:13 PM   #55
Rookie
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Blog Entries: 3
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
It could be. I've seen others post that. But, honestly, with the sliders I'm using now, I played buffalo and Carolina recently. Tyrod Taylor rolled out on the 10 yard line, didn't see anyone open, and scrambled for a TD. Newton ran the ball once or twice on option reads (once for a HUGE gain), and he also scrambled a few times. So, right now, I'm actually seeing some scrambling from QBs. And, I reset the QB acc to 50 recently. And, I played saints recently, too. Even at 50, he ended up at like 62%. Newton was around 60% as well. And, in that saints game, I absolutely saw Brees doing the right things, and he actually made some slightly inaccurate throws a few times. So, I'm actually pretty pleased with CPU QB play right now. And, on top of all that, I'm only averaging I'd say about 3 sacks a game. So, for me, the CPU is getting rid of the ball appropriately. And, I believe this is another consequence of lowering tackling. So, I haven't had to change traits, and I will never be doing that, lol, simply because I don't want to have to mess with the entire league traits. I just want to get the sliders to where I hopefully see good football. And, again, I am seeing that now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to up the accuracy slider to see how things play out. I played Browns (RG3) and he didn't take off once lol but I'm with you on not touching traits etc.. Gameplay is so good this year! Btw how are sim stats around the league in your CFM?
hoop xyience is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:57 AM   #56
Rookie
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Blog Entries: 3
Re: OhMrHanky's Zero Sliders - Ratings Matter (Madden 17)

Have you made any tweaks?
hoop xyience is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.

Top -