TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders - Page 33 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #257
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Is it tho? I'll use Jameson Crowder as an example. He was a rookie last year playing sparingly in games early on, but over the season his route running really improved there was a play in the Jets game where he undressed Revis on a route, and he continued to improve that as the season wore on. Younger players specifically can show dramatic improvements as the season wears on. As they get used to the speed of the NFL game and develop a better understanding of what teams are doing to them. Obviously this is just my opinion.
I totally agree with this. In real life. It just seems that in Madden it is really hard to get the cpu to spend XP on the right thing. In your example you talked about Crowder improving his route running. Let's say that cost 2000xp (just pulling a number out my ***). So after 4 weeks he has 1999xp. Will the cpu save it for next time? Nope. They will spend it on less important things such as Inj(which is super cheap this year), Carry, BCV, etc. Now all those attributes will overall help a player but not as much as Route Running would help a WR. So while I 100% agree that 4 week progression would simulate real life the best, in Madden it just isn't quite there. That's why I suggest if you like 4 week progression to do it for your team but let the cpu do end of season to better save their XP and then in turn better utilize it. Just my 2 cents.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 09-01-2016, 12:18 PM   #258
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is anyone going for gold on the training or is it best to leave them all at bronze so the human players do not progress faster than the CPU?
Old 09-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #259
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guff
Is anyone going for gold on the training or is it best to leave them all at bronze so the human players do not progress faster than the CPU?
Personally I'm just simming the bronze each week. But that's mainly because I don't feel like doing the practice. I'd say do whatever you feel like and just go with it.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #260
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Personally I'm just simming the bronze each week. But that's mainly because I don't feel like doing the practice. I'd say do whatever you feel like and just go with it.
Would simming the bronze get the most 'realistic results' for player progression? Don't want to be going for gold and have the xp sprialing out of control. Thanks for your help and work
Old 09-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #261
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisb1986
Would simming the bronze get the most 'realistic results' for player progression? Don't want to be going for gold and have the xp sprialing out of control. Thanks for your help and work
I honestly don't know. I know that the cpu does in fact use the gameplanning and player focus feature but I don't know if it fluctuates between bronze, silver, and gold. If I had to guess I'd say it just uses bronze. So while I don't think it would make the XP spiral out of control if you got silver or gold it would definitely give the user an advantage over the cpu.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:40 PM   #262
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I honestly don't know. I know that the cpu does in fact use the gameplanning and player focus feature but I don't know if it fluctuates between bronze, silver, and gold. If I had to guess I'd say it just uses bronze. So while I don't think it would make the XP spiral out of control if you got silver or gold it would definitely give the user an advantage over the cpu.
Yea, I sim the gameplanning as well. I'll pick the appropriate offense and defense i want to work on, but I always sim them. And I'm not even 100% sure that picking the offense and defense gameplan matters if you don't play out the practices.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #263
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea, I sim the gameplanning as well. I'll pick the appropriate offense and defense i want to work on, but I always sim them. And I'm not even 100% sure that picking the offense and defense gameplan matters if you don't play out the practices.
You will still get a boost if you run those plays during the game whether you sim or not. I know that for sure.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:38 PM   #264
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Very close to being done with the 10, 10 year sim avg data sheet. Some really good information here. When I get it set up I'd love to get some feed back on a few things that I'll point out. Thanks in advance fellas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »