TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders - Page 40 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #313
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

I guess I should put up a disclaimer on the OP about how I play. I have a few house rules that I follow to keep things fair. My starters have to have at least an 80 in Awr before I can upgrade any other attribute. My backups have to have a 70. To me this keeps things fair and I can't just make people have great physical and intangible attributes with no smarts and be able to use stick skills to compensate. I'm also a firm believer that Awr plays a much bigger part even if you are controlling the player then people think. But that's just me.

So unless you keep your league in check human players will always try to find that advantage. With that said I don't think these would ever work in a 32 man league because there is way to much opportunity for players to exploit the system. I created these to use in a small amount of human player cfm with the majority being cpu teams. That is what they are made for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 09-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Still a WIP as we are starting our file on Friday, but here's where I've settled at the moment:

QB: 90
HB: 120
FB: 110
WR: 120
TE: 100
OT: 200
OG: 200
C: 200
DT: 100
DE: 100
OLB: 90
MLB: 100
CB: 130
FS: 130
SS: 130
K: 100
P: 100

If you go back to his earlier sims 2-4, you'll notice some similarities. When he started optimizing to get guys at 95+ OVR and not reporting 80-84 is when I felt like the set started to drastically depart from what will work well in a 32-person CFM.

I believe with the above set, drafted Superstars with solid starting ratings will def hit 90+ as those players will be smart about prioritizing their development. As you said, you'll see 2 gold training sessions each week in an online CFM which already makes a huge difference.

Other small considerations: depending on league rules, we allow swapping between CB & S. So if CB has a higher XP boost, you'll simply see a lot of position switches to CB for the XP while staying at FS/SS. Same deal for T/G/C.

Interesting. There seems to be pretty sizable drops at a few positions. I'll have to run some tests on this set.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:47 AM   #315
Just started!

Deedeetee's Arena

OVR: 0

I just wanted to thank you for all your effort. It is making my Madden 17 experience much more enjoyable.

Thank you so much x10 (at least).
Old 09-07-2016, 08:31 PM   #316
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs
Well a player who gets 10k xp over the course of a season will instead get 15k at 150%, and a player who gets 20k xp that same season will get 30k, so they theoretically are getting more bonus xp out of the slider.

When you start thinking that realistically many players finish with 5-8k xp at the end of the season while a few hit 20k + it stands to reason that the majority of the xp bonus gained from the sliders is going to the upper performing players and increase the top performers more than the bottom tier.

At positions where attributes are expensive like the ones I mentioned a 250% bonus to someone getting 5k xp per season results in 12.5k xp, which isn't going to do much for a wideout. But those guys who are pulling in closer to 18k will get 45k xp, a much more noticeable difference. So if we assume a stud at any position is going to have to have multiple seasons of 20k xp at 100% (idk its a nice round number) then the xp impact of a 10% move in the sliders is 2k xp per season on that player. If we assume the average xp gain per season of a career 70s player is around 5k then the impact of a 10% move is only 500 xp

I'm not sure how much that helps but could help put it into perspective just how much extra xp we are giving players with the sliders, although since we don't know exactly how much xp a superstar hb or wr needs to develop into 95+ it doesn't really help that much.

Edit: I also think you might be better off with T and G sliders at 270 after taking a more careful look at your tables even though your top tier is still within a good range that second tier is a little big. I might even run a 260 test myself because I'm curious.

I'm hoping the next results show either too much strength at the WR position, or that it's just right, because from my results it looked like it needed even more help than the OL. After 20 years 82% of the wideouts over 80 ovr were in the 80-84 range and I'm sure you've noticed they tend to cluster at 81 and 80. Either way at those troubling positions I think you'll end up needing to run less trial runs by getting aggressive and working your way back down.

OH yea... great f-ing work by the way. Generating a regular slider set isn't so terrible because you spend a lot of your time actually playing the game. This is some seriously tedious work, my 20 year sim with the table creating took hours. Tallying all the players at every position and then entering them into the spreadsheet was so annoying. For you to have done it 6 times already is baller status.

There might be a big caveat to all this work though, we aren't sure about the impact of these sliders when a team is user controlled through the season. I have to assume that most users use their xp more intelligently than the CPU so unless you're playing a franchise that you plan to take 10+ seasons into the future it may be better to be more conservative with the xp sliders.
The OP and this post (and many more in this thread) are baller status IMO. Great analysis and great information with all points illustrated beautifully. Impressive stuff guys, thank you.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #317
Rookie

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

TDawg, do you think that with the tuned draft class update that the XP sliders might need to be looked into again? It's possible that now we will have much fewer higher-end players if the amount of players rated 78+ dropped from 33 on average to 14?

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 09-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #318
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
TDawg, do you think that with the tuned draft class update that the XP sliders might need to be looked into again? It's possible that now we will have much fewer higher-end players if the amount of players rated 78+ dropped from 33 on average to 14?
Tuned draft class? When was this?

Ok I just saw that, we may have to run some tests when the next patch comes out.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Last edited by rich8682; 09-09-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #319
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Tuned draft class? When was this?

Happened today for cloud franchises. If you have a current cloud cfm going then it will take effect on the next draft class after your current year. Offline franchises have to wait until the patch for this

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #320
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
Happened today for cloud franchises. If you have a current cloud cfm going then it will take effect on the next draft class after your current year. Offline franchises have to wait until the patch for this

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
So we might have to run some tests when the next patch drops then

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »