TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders - Page 71 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #561
Rookie

FerNuff's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
In the many sims I ran the 80-84 range wasn't that many at all to be honest. While I didn't keep exact track I did take notice. Also it's more prevalent during the first 6-7 years as the original roster guys start to weed out and you have a league of more generated players. After it goes down a lot and by about year 12 it stays pretty consistent. Especially with the tuned draft classes.

By all means run some tests and report your results back. I love reading data. Just be careful because lowering will cut into your elite guys and actually could give you more 80-84 guys because the guys who would have been 85+ now stay it that lower range.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I agree, but that is why the tests are for. Btw, you did a great job with this, I hope some people at EA take notice and use it as a template for their own tests.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #562
Rookie

FerNuff's Arena

OK guys, here it is, Sim 1 with new patch:

Some quick conclussions:

- In 2026 the salary cap is around 186M, so not a big increase. Overall salaries seem to be OK, the highest one I saw was a QB 37M, but most of the top salaries were in the 20-30M range. The highest non-QB salary was an 87-overall Odell with 19M.
- I define starting quality player as someone with 80 overall or higher. This is the base for my anaylisis. Someone over 90 is an elite player, while over 95 means a once in a generation talent (this should be scarse IMO).
- I don't want to see too many substitutes with high rating. So far, the league seems to have decreased in talent.

QB: Having a franchise QB should be privilege, like in real life. The highest rating is a 95. Slider at 100-110 seems OK.
HB: Best player is 90. There used to be 31 starting quality players, now we have 17. I'm going to try the slider at 140.
FB: Best player is 89. Going drom 12 to 9 seems to be a tendency that will be reached sooner in real life, but since the engine isn't evolving in the game, there shouldn't be drastic changes. I'm going to try 120 here.
WR: Going from 51 to 37 is too much. There was only one player with 90 rating. This needs a big change, probably trying out 150 next time.
TE: The base roster has Gronkowski as the only 95+ player, this shouldn't be the case all the time. So I'll just leave it at 100.
T: Big reduction of talent here. Best player is a 90 overal RT. I'll try the slider at 150.
G: Best player is a 90 overall RG. I'll try the slider at 130.
C. Best player is a 90. I'll try the slider at 150
DE: I'm OK with the slider in the 100-120 range here. There was a 99-rated LE who wasn't really athletic or skilled, but had 99 Play recognition.
DT: Best player is Leonard Williams with 87. I'm going to try 180 here and then go down if necessary.
OLB: We need a lot more elite players here. I'm going to try 180 here as well.
MLB: Best player is a 93. Quantity seems to be OK here. Maybe 120 if you want a little more talent.
CB: What the hell, EA! Developing CBs is already difficult and now we get this. Best player is a 93 who does not look like a shutdown corner. I'm going to try 150 next time.
FS: Best player is Tyrann Mathieu with 87. Rookies really need help in this position. I'm going to try 120 here.
SS: Looks OK. 100 it is.

Let me know if you guys want to see a particular change in my tests. It has to be this week, because next week I'll have a lot of work to do. I'll post Sim 2 later today.
Attached Images
File Type: png Sim1.png (16.0 KB, 161 views)
Old 10-05-2016, 03:04 PM   #563
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

These are great TDawg! I've noticed some nice differences in progression. It seems to actually matter that you choose the correct players for your practice schemes.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #564
Rookie

FerNuff's Arena

Actually what really changed is the starting rating for rookies. The draft classes are a lot less loaded. I suppose this makes sense in an online league where everyone puts up heavy stats on their rookies. If you play exclusively offline, you have to change the xp sliders.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #565
Rookie

Hey TDawg,

I just dot Madden 17 for my PS4. I've been looking over this thread trying to find the best XP sliders to use. However there's so much and I've been trying to read and see if you've ever found a solid set of XP sliders. If you could let me know where I can find your best XP sliders to use so I can set them up and start my franchise. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2016, 05:23 PM   #566
Rookie

FerNuff's Arena

Sim 2 is ready!

QB: I tried 110, now we have 42 starting quality players. It is too much. 100 it is.
HB: Still not there. I'm going to try the slider at 180.
FB: 120 it is
WR: I saw too many teams having their #1 guy with 75 overall. I'm going to try 200 next time.
TE: 110 it is
T: Still too little talent here. I'm going to try 180.
G. Same here. I'll try 160
C: I suppose we need a couple of players close to 90 here. I'll try 180
DE: I tried 120 and it was too much. 100 it is
DT: We are still a little far from the answer. Very little talent. I'll try 200.
OLB. Best player is a 97 ROLB, who is the highest paid non-QB player in the league. However, still not enough talent. I'll try 200 next time.
MLB: Not much of a difference between 100 and 120. Let's keep it at 120
CB: Jalen Ramsey is a 95, but we need a little more in the middle ground. I'll try 200.
FS. Maybe a little too much. We are close though. 120 for next one.
SS. 110 turned out to be too much. This one was too sensitive. 100 it is.

My internet is crappy today, so I couldn't make the tests online, where simulation is way faster. Sim 3 soon!
Attached Images
File Type: png Sim2.png (24.3 KB, 138 views)
Old 10-05-2016, 05:51 PM   #567
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreyCWarren
Hey TDawg,

I just dot Madden 17 for my PS4. I've been looking over this thread trying to find the best XP sliders to use. However there's so much and I've been trying to read and see if you've ever found a solid set of XP sliders. If you could let me know where I can find your best XP sliders to use so I can set them up and start my franchise. Thank you!
It's in the OP at the bottom. Those are the ones too use.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 10-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #568
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerNuff
Sim 2 is ready!

QB: I tried 110, now we have 42 starting quality players. It is too much. 100 it is.
HB: Still not there. I'm going to try the slider at 180.
FB: 120 it is
WR: I saw too many teams having their #1 guy with 75 overall. I'm going to try 200 next time.
TE: 110 it is
T: Still too little talent here. I'm going to try 180.
G. Same here. I'll try 160
C: I suppose we need a couple of players close to 90 here. I'll try 180
DE: I tried 120 and it was too much. 100 it is
DT: We are still a little far from the answer. Very little talent. I'll try 200.
OLB. Best player is a 97 ROLB, who is the highest paid non-QB player in the league. However, still not enough talent. I'll try 200 next time.
MLB: Not much of a difference between 100 and 120. Let's keep it at 120
CB: Jalen Ramsey is a 95, but we need a little more in the middle ground. I'll try 200.
FS. Maybe a little too much. We are close though. 120 for next one.
SS. 110 turned out to be too much. This one was too sensitive. 100 it is.

My internet is crappy today, so I couldn't make the tests online, where simulation is way faster. Sim 3 soon!
Aye not to knock anything you're doing, but there's already a post patch set. Unless they tweaked xp in the patch, and not just the classes, that's already been pretty much perfected.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »