TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders - Page 77 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #609
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Thanks for all the hard work you put into these! I've been following your house rules but I've noticed that the CPU doesn't progress my players based on my scheme very well. For example, I have my LT set to pass block, yet when I auto-upgrade it keeps upgrading Taylor Decker's run block when it had plenty of points for pas block. Have you noticed this at all? I like the idea of auto-upgrading to only give you some control over how your players progress, but this issue is a little annoying. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #610
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonic
Thanks for all the hard work you put into these! I've been following your house rules but I've noticed that the CPU doesn't progress my players based on my scheme very well. For example, I have my LT set to pass block, yet when I auto-upgrade it keeps upgrading Taylor Decker's run block when it had plenty of points for pas block. Have you noticed this at all? I like the idea of auto-upgrading to only give you some control over how your players progress, but this issue is a little annoying. Thanks!
This is correct. At first glance I thought they were progressing based off that but in fact that is false. Really what the ai progression does is simply spend all your points on whatever it can. So if you have a WR who has good skills and not enough xp to get a WR skill upgraded it will get whatever it can (ie Carry). HB would be route running. Etc for all positions. So you should really take care of it yourself if you have a guy who you want to be a certain way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 10-20-2016, 09:14 AM   #611
Pro

OVR: 3

How do you feel these work in a heavy-user CFM? I know there was a disclaimer at the beginning that these are best for 3-4 user leagues, but we rolled with this set for season 1 of our 24-team CFM. Overall it seemed pretty good, but perhaps a bit too punitive at a few positions like MLB and QB, where even guys like Jaylon Smith, Goff and Wentz didn't progress.

Any recommendations?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #612
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
How do you feel these work in a heavy-user CFM? I know there was a disclaimer at the beginning that these are best for 3-4 user leagues, but we rolled with this set for season 1 of our 24-team CFM. Overall it seemed pretty good, but perhaps a bit too punitive at a few positions like MLB and QB, where even guys like Jaylon Smith, Goff and Wentz didn't progress.

Any recommendations?
as far as I remember all of those guys have normal dev. If u want a guy to become a superstar he's first gotta earn that quick or superstar dev by winning awards or making pro bowls.

In my fantasy draft franchise Goff won rookie of the year on a CPU team and he's an 85 in year 2.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #613
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
as far as I remember all of those guys have normal dev. If u want a guy to become a superstar he's first gotta earn that quick or superstar dev by winning awards or making pro bowls.

In my fantasy draft franchise Goff won rookie of the year on a CPU team and he's an 85 in year 2.

Smith has quick dev but you're absolutely right about the other two

Last edited by bucknut7; 10-20-2016 at 11:04 AM. Reason: mistype
Old 10-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #614
Rookie

Mikeyo918's Arena

OVR: 0

So to make sure I'm doing it right. After the games when it allows you to upgrade I should avoid doing it unless it's the 4th week correct?
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
Old 10-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #615
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyo918
So to make sure I'm doing it right. After the games when it allows you to upgrade I should avoid doing it unless it's the 4th week correct?
I just put my settings so that the CPU progresses my players and i have it set to every 4 weeks so that's when they automatically do it. Easiest way to assure your players get the same treatment as the CPU teams

Old 10-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #616
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

for the weekly training I've been using coach mode and basically watching my team do the drills by pressing X to snap the ball and nothing else. the results vary (which is what happens when the cpu teams do it) so its more balanced & realistic in my mind then just always simming bronze.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »