TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders - Page 83 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #657
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nth94
I read somewhere earlier that the CPU only achieves bronze medals on their respective weekly practices ... Has that changed with a patch since? How is that even measured?
Couple guys on here have said they have seen it fluctuate between all 3. You'd have to look at the player progression tab for players on cpu teams and find out if it varies. Either way to keep things fair I'd only do bronze for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 12-20-2016, 05:18 PM   #658
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Couple guys on here have said they have seen it fluctuate between all 3. You'd have to look at the player progression tab for players on cpu teams and find out if it varies. Either way to keep things fair I'd only do bronze for yourself.

- EA introduces more realism and immersion to the franchise mode, but if the user takes use of these new features it will result in the opposite because the CPU isn't equipped to use those same new tools. -

That's quite sad.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:01 PM   #659
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nth94
- EA introduces more realism and immersion to the franchise mode, but if the user takes use of these new features it will result in the opposite because the CPU isn't equipped to use those same new tools. -

That's quite sad.
Sim guys are a minority. Most people play to win and not have to try to hard. I feel like these are just built in cheats for the human player. Oh well. I'm still having a blast with the game even with the house rules I use.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:54 AM   #660
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Sim guys are a minority. Most people play to win and not have to try to hard. I feel like these are just built in cheats for the human player. Oh well. I'm still having a blast with the game even with the house rules I use.

Which freaking sucks lol
Old 12-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #661
Rookie

I am not clear is the OP still up to date? Thanks!
Old 12-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #662
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
I am not clear is the OP still up to date? Thanks!
OP is still up to date. Some of my guidelines have changed a bit. I just let the cpu auto progress my players every 4 weeks now. Other then that it's the same.

Old 01-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #663
Rookie

OVR: 6

So I wanted to show you guys what I've been working on. I noticed that with a couple of the positions it seemed like there were a ton of 75+ guys, more so than the original file. I started to test it a little, counting them by hand, and I gave up after a while because it took too long. But thanks to jbirdwell34's exporter for the companion app, I was able to test must more quickly and use Excel to count all the players for me. I was even able to go back and test all my old files for every player 70+ and up, which is around 50 players per team for the original roster file.

My first can be found here, where I was testing around with different values to find the right fit.

The final sliders I settled on were then ran in 10 sims, with ratings taken at 5 years, 10 year and 20 years. Here.

They're fairly large files (26, 46 MB), FYI.

They aren't perfect, but some positions were difficult to get the right blend of depth and top-tier talent. Some things I noticed:
  • There end up being almost double the number of Superstar development players than the original file. Also an increased number of Quick development players too.
  • Quarterbacks are hard to get right, as increasing the slider high enough to get a good amount of 90+ causes there to be way too many 80+ guys, sometimes more than 35 of them.
  • There are little to no QB's with Throw on the Run over 90.
  • Tons of running backs end up with 99 carrying and way too many over 90. Ball carrier vision has a similar plague of 99's.
  • Jumping is lowered across the board, basically no 97+, and agility is similarly affected.
  • Offensive line is a very difficult position to get right. There are so few guys that come in right away with Superstar development and it's tough for them to consistently meet their goals (since they're team-oriented), so very few 90+ guys develop. It's also a position that has too many good players coming in through the draft (you can constantly find starters in the late rounds) and so you can't bump the slider too high or you have a ton of 80+ o-lineman.
  • There end up being too many tackles and too few guards, so that could be remedied by changing positions.
  • On defensive, power moves becomes very inflated, with lots of 99's and 90+ ratings. Tackle becomes a little deflated compared to the original roster. Play recognition has a lot of 99's and 90+ as well.
  • Really couldn’t get enough defensive tackles to 70+, so I don’t think the draft generates enough. Probably some DE’s that could be moved there though.
  • Corners end up with really low press ratings, like barely anyone over 85 low. They also don’t have enough agility, speed and acceleration compared to the wide receivers. I notice in the draft there are many corner’s who have poor combine times, and there’s usually only a handful with enough athleticism to keep up with a starting wide receiver. Receivers also have a decent amount of high release ratings, so the corners will be getting burned in press coverage almost every time.
  • Kickers and punters either don’t generate with high enough kick power, or it’s too costly to improve, because there end up being very few kickers with over 90 kick power, as they put all their points into accuracy and awareness.

The sliders I ended up with were:

QB – 60%
HB – 200%
FB – 100%
WR – 220%
TE – 130%
T – 120%
G – 130%
C – 170%
DE – 100%
DT – 250%
OLB – 150%
MLB – 100%
CB – 200%
FS – 100%
SS – 80%
K – 150%
P – 180%

Which are not too far off what tdawg ended up with, except for a few positions.

Using those sliders I got results like these averaged over 10 sims:

Just wanted to put it out there for anyone that was interested.

Last edited by Alex the Great; 03-07-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #664
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Good post. I love all the info. Question. After getting your info using jbirdwells extracter how did you get the info in excel and have it readable?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »