TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders - Page 88 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #697
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

I am over 15 years into a franchise with the Bears, I have been using this slider set since year one, and I have to say that the results have been excellent. Ratings and stats throughout the league have been balanced and realistic in my opinion. The only upkeep I have had to do is adjust the sense pressure trait every few years and that balances the amount of sacks throughout the league. Now, if only we could adjust regression that would be perfect. As it is, it is just too predictable, making re-signing players too formulaic, and is just unrealistic overall. Very much enjoying my franchise experience this year though.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:50 AM   #698
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by consecutive27
I am over 15 years into a franchise with the Bears, I have been using this slider set since year one, and I have to say that the results have been excellent. Ratings and stats throughout the league have been balanced and realistic in my opinion. The only upkeep I have had to do is adjust the sense pressure trait every few years and that balances the amount of sacks throughout the league. Now, if only we could adjust regression that would be perfect. As it is, it is just too predictable, making re-signing players too formulaic, and is just unrealistic overall. Very much enjoying my franchise experience this year though.
I am 5 years into my new one and have had the same exact experience. I am so happy with the results. Though there is one issue besides the sense pressure trait and that is how the CPU spends xp. They always go for the same attributes no matter what the players skills are, and don't stop feeding into it until it hits 99. This is most noticeable with cheaper attributes like carrying, ball carrier vision, play recognition, awareness, etc. Where all of the mid to top tier players at every position will have the same attributes at 99. And the CPU also does not make smart choices with the xp.

for example I drafted a tight end with 85 run block and 70 catching. Yet the CPU continues to feed him points into run block instead of catching even though catching is incredibly cheap to upgrade for him. And would make a much higher difference (+10 catching vs +2 run block).

I also have a halfback who's got good elusiveness but poor juke and spin so he struggles to avoid tackles. The CPU spends all the xp on ball carrier vision and carrying and hasn't started upgrading his juke and spin until year 5 now when his vision and carrying finally reached 99. But it's too late because he is at the end of his prime. I could list many more examples but I think that explains it well enough. It's more of an issue at certain position for example HB.

But again I am very happy with the stats, rosters, and gameplay with these sliders. You only uncover the problems when u look under the hood. Player regression is an issue too. Hoping madden 18 can fix it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 04-01-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:13 AM   #699
Pro

Do you know why the cpu doesn't upgrade traits?
Old 03-31-2017, 12:02 PM   #700
Pro

Tdawg does the cpu upgrade players in the playoffs too? I usually do right before the superbowl, 4 weeks after week 16
Old 03-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #701
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I am 5 years into my new one and have had the same exact experience. I am so happy with the results. Though there is one issue besides the sense pressure trait and that is how the CPU spends xp. They always go for the same attributes no matter what the players skills are, and don't stop feeding into it until it hits 99. This is most noticeable with cheaper attributes like carrying, ball carrier vision, play recognition, awareness, etc. Where all of the mid to top tier players at every position will have the same attributes at 99. And the CPU also does not make smart choices with the xp.

for example I drafted a tight end with 85 run block and 70 catching. Yet the CPU continues to feed him points into run block instead of catching even though catching is incredibly cheap to upgrade for him. And would make a much higher difference (+10 catching vs +2 run block).

I also have a halfback who's got good awareness but poor juke and spin so he struggles to avoid tackles. The CPU spends all the xp on ball carrier vision and carrying and hasn't started upgrading his juke and spin until year 5 now when his vision and carrying finally reached 99. But it's too late because he is at the end of his prime. I could list many more examples but I think that explains it well enough. It's more of an issue at certain position for example HB.

But again I am very happy with the stats, rosters, and gameplay with these sliders. You only uncover the problems when u look under the hood. Player regression is an issue too. Hoping madden 18 can fix it.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
That's really interesting how the cpu is spending its xp. I would guess that it is programmed to spend on the attributes that increase overall most and does not account for the diminishing returns you see when the upgrades become more expensive. However, you would think catching is more important than run blocking for tight ends. I have not looked as closely as you have at individual ratings for cpu teams though. I just glanced through overall ratings and stats. I don't think any major sports game has really nailed progression and regression, at least in recent years, from what I have seen. I have mostly played Madden and The Show lately and they both have their pros and cons. One nice thing about NCAA games was you really didn't have to worry about regression.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #702
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
Do you know why the cpu doesn't upgrade traits?
I have know idea really. I'm sure it's just following an algorithm when it comes to progressing and that isn't part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
Tdawg does the cpu upgrade players in the playoffs too? I usually do right before the superbowl, 4 weeks after week 16
I'm not sure of the exact timing of that last progression faze. Personally I upgrade my players after the Super Bowl right before offseason.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 04-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #703
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by consecutive27
I'm about 7 years into my simulation franchise and there is now a pretty severe sack drought. When you say you adjust the sense pressure trait to get sacks back in balance, what exactly does this entail? I assume you mean in the offseason you knock that trait down on the roster edit screen, but to what extent? I'm not sure how to decide who/how much...
Old 04-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #704
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanmckell
I'm about 7 years into my simulation franchise and there is now a pretty severe sack drought. When you say you adjust the sense pressure trait to get sacks back in balance, what exactly does this entail? I assume you mean in the offseason you knock that trait down on the roster edit screen, but to what extent? I'm not sure how to decide who/how much...
I do have a method to fix this and never realized I didn't post it lol. My bad. So here it goes. Basically since there are 32 starting QB positions I broke down how many should have each trait by percentage. It looks like this:

QB Trait %.png

So what you want is to have each trait fall into that percentage range. If it does you should have zero problems with sack totals. I also made a chart to record each teams starter at QB that looks like this:

QB Trait % starter.png

This allows me to easily check each year to see if there are any new starters. After the first year setting this it is a breeze to update each year because you won't have many changes. I always update each year at Week 1 after the preseason. As far as who to knock down I've always just used a dice roll type thing to try to keep things fair. Hope this helps. Any other questions just let me know.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Last edited by tdawg3782; 04-19-2017 at 07:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »