LordFrieza's M17 CPU vs. CPU Sliders - Page 20 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

LordFrieza's M17 CPU vs. CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on LordFrieza's M17 CPU vs. CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: LordFrieza's M17 CPU vs. CPU Sliders

Loving these sliders.. Brady just burned me on a 82 yard TD to Gronk lol
Old 08-29-2016, 06:03 PM   #154
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
Was having some good luck with these. I switched over to them in a test cpu vs. cpu season I have going with the Bengals. Had a really good game against the Redskins that the Bengals lost 23-19. Stats looked great. I thought I was set for the future, but NO!

The Giants ran wild over Cincy in the next game. Vereen went over 190 yards rushing and Jennings went over 150. Those big run plays keep cropping up. I'm going to bump up tackling when I get home later tonight. It seems on some of these long runs it's a broken tackle or two before the runner takes it to the house.
I have reduced the run blocking to help reduce the run game numbers a bit. I'm at 25 for run blocking and 40 for tackling along with 25 for recognition and coverage. ( I think; will check when I get home). Last game had about 12 punts but a relief vs the games with so many big plays. I wouldn't commit to or dismiss a slider setting on one game; if the trend has been positive see if the anomaly happens with two more teams, the Giants o or the bengals d. Sometimes a team does go off on another but hopefully it is not a regular occurrence
Old 08-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 0

I still think ints need to be increased. I saw another post along with mine talking about the lack of picks. Fumbles seem pretty good though. I had two in one game by my RB and none the next game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 09:04 PM   #156
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I have reduced the run blocking to help reduce the run game numbers a bit. I'm at 25 for run blocking and 40 for tackling along with 25 for recognition and coverage. ( I think; will check when I get home). Last game had about 12 punts but a relief vs the games with so many big plays. I wouldn't commit to or dismiss a slider setting on one game; if the trend has been positive see if the anomaly happens with two more teams, the Giants o or the bengals d. Sometimes a team does go off on another but hopefully it is not a regular occurrence
My post might have seemed that way, but I don't think I'm overreacting to one game. Been fighting these big run plays from the start and it's just hard to find a set that will limit them. I bumped run blocking down to 30 and tackling up to 50 in my next Bengals game. Each team still had 81 and 75 yard runs that they popped off. Jeremy Hill had even another 50 yard run and almost got to 200 yards total for the game. Not sure what the answer is.

Funny unrelated slider thing about this game vs. the Bills. Game tied at 38-38 near the end. Bengals get down to the Bills 5 yard line with around 40 seconds left. I manually took control to run the clock down to 3 seconds and called time out. Put the game back on cpu vs. cpu for Cincy's game winning FG attempt. The Bills block the kick and return it all the way for a TD on the final play. Bills win 45-38. Ouch!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has anyone else had a problem in Supersim with the AI running the ball too often? It seems like running plays are almost guaranteed 3-4 yards and the CPU abuses run plays. I just had a game against the Eagles (Matthews must be hurt) where Sproles had 26 carries for 111 yds 4.2 avg and smallwood had 21 carries for 68 yards with bradford adding 6 more carries for a total of 51 run plays in a game that had 120 offensive plays total.

Now that I'm taking a closer look at the game stats though philly controlled the ball for 70% of the game, literally. This probably explains how run plays hit such a high number, especially with them playing from ahead the entire second half.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I'm leaning towards liking it for now. Big Ben was only 45% on the day going 11 for 24 and the OL gave up 4 sacks. Bell still pulled in a 5.7 ypc on 13 carries.

The reason I like it is I'm coming off a week where Ben threw for 66% and 250+ yds and Bell rushed for 200 yards on 20 carries b/c of a 90 yard run and a 30 yard run. That was against the Bengals too who have a more talented offense and defense than the eagles imo.

Seeing too many run plays / game is something that I noticed when I tried super simming default sliders right after release. I made it 3 seasons and it seems like a frequent problem to see a team's running backs split 40 carries and have the QB runs chip in another even in a situation where they don't control the clock the way philly did this time.

Guess the only way to figure out if this is a problem or feature is to go through a whole season and see if those numbers come out decent.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #158
Pro

Is anyone else noticing punting in one direction or kicking in that direction is like watching guys with bionic legs? I'm watching pats/bears. Pats punter from right to left just booted one 69 yds. Earlier in the game from left to right he had 40 -45 yarders and one 20 yard kick. Kick off to right endzone are to the ten. To the left are all touchbacks. Multiple games over multiple weeks.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:59 PM   #159
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Is anyone else noticing punting in one direction or kicking in that direction is like watching guys with bionic legs? I'm watching pats/bears. Pats punter from right to left just booted one 69 yds. Earlier in the game from left to right he had 40 -45 yarders and one 20 yard kick. Kick off to right endzone are to the ten. To the left are all touchbacks. Multiple games over multiple weeks.
Definitely. I was assuming it's just wind blowing in one direction but it seems to be A LOT of wind each game. Affects the placekicking game as well. I haven't had many games in a dome yet, so I would assume there are no issues there.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:10 PM   #160
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
Definitely. I was assuming it's just wind blowing in one direction but it seems to be A LOT of wind each game. Affects the placekicking game as well. I haven't had many games in a dome yet, so I would assume there are no issues there.
I will try a few dome games next to see they are overdoing the wind or if it is in the kicking coding. Bears kicker just punted from his own five to the pats 25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »