Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #89
Cover 2

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I tried Version 1.0 last night with Chiefs (me) vs Steelers. The running game was horrendous. I literally couldn't get through the line of scrimmage no matter the formation or type of run. I mean literally, every time I ran a dive or lead, the D-lineman and LB in that exact spot would shed their blocks and destroy me 1-yard behind the line. This was at least 6 times before the 1st half. I realize that KC's OG's are pretty bad and that Charles isn't a tackle-to-tackle bruiser, but the run-game sliders might need some tweaking for the HUM offense and CPU defense. This set may be good to keep a powerful running attack in check, but it feels like it does so to an extreme that negatively impacts teams that aren't power running teams. Other than that, I think the game played well, but I'd recommend evaluating the running game again.
I'm quoting my original message above for context...

I tried the same matchup with me as the Chiefs vs. Steelers, using the Version 1 sliders and the only adjustment was bumping up run blocking to "10" and changing Speed Parity to "75." Instead of getting tackled in the backfield immediately every run play I was able to get about 20 yards total on 15 carries for the game. The same insta-block shed issue kept happening but it was at the LOS instead of behind it. Charles had one run of 9-yards, but other than that they were all stuffed at the line or gains of 1 or 2. I'm going to bump the Run Blocking slider to "35" for the next game and see how that goes.

I finished out the entire game and was able to pull out a 34-32 win, but I had some interesting observations that I think are worth watching as I move forward.

- Le'Veon Bell carried the ball 17 times for 270 yards. He had 14 broken tackles and 240 yards-after-contact. He either went down immediately or broke 3 tackles for a 20+ yard gain. The first play of the game was an 82-yard run up the gut with 9-year olds bouncing off him. Needless to say, the HUM tackle slider is getting bumped. I'll try it at "35" from where it is now ("0" I think?).

- The lack of a running game forced me to pass close to 60 times, but as a West Coast team the short passing game is just an extension of the run game for the most part. What I noticed is that the Steelers D didn't really adjust to that. I was constantly running crossing routes, outs and throwing to the flats. Maybe they were content with that, but they realistically should have ran more Cover 2 and less Man/Cov 3/Cov 4. I'll chalk it up to the type of thing that happens in real life, but it's worth watching.

- There was essentially no pass pressure at all, which I'm not sure what to do about since the Pass Block slider is already at "0" for HUM and CPU. Even with Justin Houston I was only able to get off my blocker 2 or 3 times the entire game. The only sacks were coverage sacks where the QB stood in the pocket for what seemed like 10 seconds.

- Roethlisberger had a sub-average game overall. He threw 2 picks and only 1 TD (to Bell out of the backfield). KC only has one good M2M cover guy (Peters) so I stuck in zone most of the game. Despite not getting any pressure there just was no consistency from the Steelers through the air, which is incredibly surprising. I'm not ready to change anything, but once again it's worth watching.

- The Speed Parity bump to 75 was really nice. I was a little shocked that Bell didn't get run down on his initial TD scamper of 82-yards, but I didn't think guys were skating around. There was clearly separation from fast guys and acceleration clearly showed. At one point I had Conley (93 spd?) against a linebacker in the slot and his agility/acceleration really shined on a medium post route. Albert Wilson had a long run after catch and also a KO return -- both times he was pushed out around the 10-yard line by a DB in pursuit. So speed still matters, definitely, but I'm a big fan of the higher threshold/parity at the "slow" speed.

Last edited by jmik58; 09-01-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:53 AM   #90
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I had the same problem in the last game I played. My running back disappeared in the second half of my game as well.
Next update will have Fatigue at 55
Old 09-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #91
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

A couple of observations that seems to apply on this level....

The 100 speed parity for some reason is perfect for 0 run block as opposed to 45 speed parity I'm guessing it has more to do with OL be able to get out in front much quicker than they were at 45 speed parity.

Also I've noticed the CPU QB on Pro level does not get a huge boost in accuracy when the raise slider. However it does appear that his decision making or awareness is what gets the higher rating modifier.....

I also notice that the tackle slider is basically your pass rush slide for both sides. It's tied into the defensive pursuit but it also helps the DL with their power and finesse moves when engaged with a OL doing the pass rush. You don't even have to control them and you'll see their pursuit .

This is very apparent with pass block at 0 because now all of sudden your getting rid of all the stone wall blocking up front where the DL and OL are both just stationery in this stuck together routine over and over again......

Also on this level it appears that both pass coverage and pass reaction is not needed if you play with cpu pass block at 0.......what this does is sort of forces your ai defenders to operate soley on this pass coverage ratings man, zone and awareness

The INT Slider still allows them to make a play on the ball if they are in a good position to while in coverage.....

For the CPU it works a little different on this level it seems to effect their ability to adjust and also force you to make quick decisions to find the open wr or else take the risk of holding the ball a second or two too late resulting in a coverage sack or bad pass into coverage.

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-01-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #92
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I'm quoting my original message above for context...

I tried the same matchup with me as the Chiefs vs. Steelers, using the Version 1 sliders and the only adjustment was bumping up run blocking to "10" and changing Speed Parity to "75." Instead of getting tackled in the backfield immediately every run play I was able to get about 20 yards total on 15 carries for the game. The same insta-block shed issue kept happening but it was at the LOS instead of behind it. Charles had one run of 9-yards, but other than that they were all stuffed at the line or gains of 1 or 2. I'm going to bump the Run Blocking slider to "35" for the next game and see how that goes.

I finished out the entire game and was able to pull out a 34-32 win, but I had some interesting observations that I think are worth watching as I move forward.

- Le'Veon Bell carried the ball 17 times for 270 yards. He had 14 broken tackles and 240 yards-after-contact. He either went down immediately or broke 3 tackles for a 20+ yard gain. The first play of the game was an 82-yard run up the gut with 9-year olds bouncing off him
. Needless to say, the HUM tackle slider is getting bumped. I'll try it at "35" from where it is now ("0" I think?).

- The lack of a running game forced me to pass close to 60 times, but as a West Coast team the short passing game is just an extension of the run game for the most part. What I noticed is that the Steelers D didn't really adjust to that. I was constantly running crossing routes, outs and throwing to the flats. Maybe they were content with that, but they realistically should have ran more Cover 2 and less Man/Cov 3/Cov 4. I'll chalk it up to the type of thing that happens in real life, but it's worth watching.

- There was essentially no pass pressure at all, which I'm not sure what to do about since the Pass Block slider is already at "0" for HUM and CPU. Even with Justin Houston I was only able to get off my blocker 2 or 3 times the entire game. The only sacks were coverage sacks where the QB stood in the pocket for what seemed like 10 seconds.

- Roethlisberger had a sub-average game overall. He threw 2 picks and only 1 TD (to Bell out of the backfield). KC only has one good M2M cover guy (Peters) so I stuck in zone most of the game. Despite not getting any pressure there just was no consistency from the Steelers through the air, which is incredibly surprising. I'm not ready to change anything, but once again it's worth watching.

- The Speed Parity bump to 75 was really nice. I was a little shocked that Bell didn't get run down on his initial TD scamper of 82-yards, but I didn't think guys were skating around. There was clearly separation from fast guys and acceleration clearly showed. At one point I had Conley (93 spd?) against a linebacker in the slot and his agility/acceleration really shined on a medium post route. Albert Wilson had a long run after catch and also a KO return -- both times he was pushed out around the 10-yard line by a DB in pursuit. So speed still matters, definitely, but I'm a big fan of the higher threshold/parity at the "slow" speed.
Well the R-Blk slider worked.
Also by increasing the tackle slider, that improves pursuit, blk shedding and tackling!

Whats higher threshold(75) doing for you?

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-01-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:46 PM   #93
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

UPDATED 09-01-16 (FINAL BASE)

Game Options
12-Minutes
Acc clock-On
Minimum play clock time-18 seconds
Game speed-Slow
Assist Options-Off

Injuries-45
Fatigue-50
Speed parity-100 (Thanks to whosenext)

Penalties
Offside-80
False Start-55
Off holding-55
Def holding-55
Facemask-55
Illegal Block-50
Roughing Passer-50
Defense PI-55
All other options set to ON

HUMAN SLIDERS
QBA-5
Pass Block-0
Wr Catch-45
Run Blocking-0
Fumbles-45
Reaction Time-0
INT-45
Pass Coverage-0
Tackling-25

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power-45
FGA-40
Punt Power-45
Punt Accuracy-70
KO Power-50

CPU SLIDERS
QBA-70
Pass Block-0
Wr Catch-55
Run Blocking-100
Fumbles-45
Reaction Time-45
INT-55
Pass Coverage-100
Tackling-55

SPECIAL TEAMS
Fgp-50
Fga-50
Punt Power-50
Punt Accuracy-70
KO Power-50

AUTO SUBS

QB 20-25
RB 80-85
WR 60-65
FB-TE 60-65
OL 20-25

DE 80-85
DT 80-85
LB 60-65
CB 60-65
S 60-65
I decided to take the best settings of both initial versions to complete my Final Base settings.

The 100 speed parity thanks to whosenext seems to really fit in good with the game speed set to slow.

I know there have been some concerns with the human running game but i would really stick with the 0 Run Blocking on this level and if need be just tweak the CPU Tackle Slider just slightly if you gave difficulty running.

The reason being is because IMO the human OL tends to be over powering at times especially on sweeps and counters once you get used to the game.

For the CPU SLIDERS you'll notice i tried to stick as close to the base default 50 settings for their core gameplay. Their key sliders IMO on this level in order to stay competitive is Qba, Run Blocking and Pass Coverage

The human sliders were set to levels in which i feel equals up the playing field and provides nice organic feel to the game as you'll see some nice CPU animations when they try to avoid tackles.....

There's nothing i could do about the scrambling qb ai this is more of an issue that EA has to fix because they really dropped the ball here especially when you compare this to NCAA 14 running QB logic.

Finally i personally utilize the coaches play call....i control QB, Rb and Wr on offense accept i don't manual catch for the WR.

Defensively i tend to control the DL only which allows my AI teammates to react on their own. Yes those are kind of like house rules but when you think about it In real football you don't see guys jumping in and out of each others bodies to make a play for their teammates right LOL!!!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me work on these sliders i know it's not a very popular level but hopefully these will render some solid gameplay for a few months atleast because one thing I've learned over the years is that every set of sliders will ultimately have their breakdowns as we get familiar with the settings.

Enjoy

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-01-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:56 PM   #94
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Show me your full settings please
i know its a late response but this is what i used - i seen you tweaked things so I may give those a shot as well. These were before you revamped them - i like the new set with the 100 run blocking I have to see how those playout for the PC

FYI - Philip Rivers tore me a new one with these current settings so the passing game is on point for the PC - the 100 RB should bring the running game back - i was also playing on 45 parity so I have no idea how the 100 speed difference will play - I'll keep you posted

HUMAN SLIDERS
QBA-5
Pass Block-0
Wr Catch-45
Run Blocking-0
Fumbles-25
Reaction Time-0
INT-35
Pass Coverage-0
Tackling-5

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power-50
FGA-50
Punt Power-50
Punt Accuracy-80
KO Power-50

CPU SLIDERS
QBA-65
Pass Block-0
Wr Catch-50
Run Blocking-45
Fumbles-55
Reaction Time-100
INT-35
Pass Coverage-45
Tackling-75
CFB: Oregon Ducks '10

I HATE TO LOSE MORE THAN I LOVE TO WIN
--------------------------------------------------
Twitter: sharkshady
PSN: Shadymamba7
Instagram:sharkshady2379
Old 09-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #95
Rookie

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I decided to take the best settings of both initial versions to complete my Final Base settings.

The 100 speed parity thanks to whosenext seems to really fit in good with the game speed set to slow.

I know there have been some concerns with the human running game but i would really stick with the 0 Run Blocking on this level and if need be just tweak the CPU Tackle Slider just slightly if you gave difficulty running.

The reason being is because IMO the human OL tends to be over powering at times especially on sweeps and counters once you get used to the game.

For the CPU SLIDERS you'll notice i tried to stick as close to the base default 50 settings for their core gameplay. Their key sliders IMO on this level in order to stay competitive is Qba, Run Blocking and Pass Coverage

The human sliders were set to levels in which i feel equals up the playing field and provides nice organic feel to the game as you'll see some nice CPU animations when they try to avoid tackles.....

There's nothing i could do about the scrambling qb ai this is more of an issue that EA has to fix because they really dropped the ball here especially when you compare this to NCAA 14 running QB logic.

Finally i personally utilize the coaches play call....i control QB, Rb and Wr on offense accept i don't manual catch for the WR.

Defensively i tend to control the DL only which allows my AI teammates to react on their own. Yes those are kind of like house rules but when you think about it In real football you don't see guys jumping in and out of each others bodies to make a play for their teammates right LOL!!!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me work on these sliders i know it's not a very popular level but hopefully these will render some solid gameplay for a few months atleast because one thing I've learned over the years is that every set of sliders will ultimately have their breakdowns as we get familiar with the settings.

Enjoy

So I just played a half of a game (had to pause to get some work done) but my initial impression was "wow the computer can't run" then Shady McCoy breaks a 60 yard run off on me and I was left speechless. I am playing as the Pats. In the past I have always tested using a bad team but I don't think that gives me a real idea of how sliders will play after I have rebuilt a team. With the Pats, their defense is pretty solid and it shows but one bad call and the cpu can make you pay. On offense I have been struggling but Brady is still money and able to make plays. But damn the pocket closes fast. Everything plays great so far and these are definitely what I will be using in my cfm. One thing I really think stands out are the animations, with the tackle slider adjusted the way it is, I see some cool animations. Plus the line play is great and makes subs that much more important. Thanks Playmakers for putting these together.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:30 AM   #96
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadymamba
i know its a late response but this is what i used - i seen you tweaked things so I may give those a shot as well. These were before you revamped them - i like the new set with the 100 run blocking I have to see how those playout for the PC

FYI - Philip Rivers tore me a new one with these current settings so the passing game is on point for the PC - the 100 RB should bring the running game back - i was also playing on 45 parity so I have no idea how the 100 speed difference will play - I'll keep you posted

HUMAN SLIDERS
QBA-5
Pass Block-0
Wr Catch-45
Run Blocking-0
Fumbles-25
Reaction Time-0
INT-35
Pass Coverage-0
Tackling-5

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power-50
FGA-50
Punt Power-50
Punt Accuracy-80
KO Power-50

CPU SLIDERS
QBA-65
Pass Block-0
Wr Catch-50
Run Blocking-45
Fumbles-55
Reaction Time-100
INT-35
Pass Coverage-45
Tackling-75
There's really not a drastic change to those settings you listed other than the run block for cpu and speed parity.....

By all means give the recent updates a test trial but i would keep those settings you listed in your back pocket just in case you need to go back to them later especially if they were starting to work for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »