Home

Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #241
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

Really am enjoying this slider set so far. I've played three games so far and the only one that wasn't competitive was the first one. However I started that game without a kick return TD and a turnover on the CPUs following drive.
The only thing I haven't liked so far is the CPU seems to get a lot of their yards on big plays. My second game, Jamaal Charles tore me apart running and receiving.
Now, that could be due to me being rusty, having not played Madden in a while, and not having a great strategy on defense.
I'll play a couple more games and post up some stats later.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Main Menu they will carry over to CFM

I only play 13 minute qtr's so you might want tweak acc Clock for 15 minutes
The quarter length and accelerated game clock affects gameplay as well, you should note. At least in my experience. When you have a low play clock, the CPU never has time to make adjustments. When I play on 9 minute no accelerated play clock, I give up 500+ yards a game on sliders I usually use on 15 minute, 14 second play clock. It also affects QB accuracy in my opinion and the game just felt faster. Like on 15 minute quarters, no matter what QB was starting, the CPU always had 65-75% completion percentages. On 9 minute no runoff, Aaron Rodgers was 54%, then the next game Alex Smith was 62%, next game Brees was 69%, next game Tyrod Taylor was 49% with 3 picks. I've just been testing different quarter lengths and play clock times in Play Now, and this has been my experience. I used to only play 15 minute, 13-15 second play clock for realism, but I think I'm going to boot up a new testing CFM and try 9 minute no runoff.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #243
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak45
Playmakers

Im experiencing a very frustrating pattern of cpu broken tackles
which has led to crazy cpu rushing games ( 150-200 yds rushing by a back regularly)
And second im noticing high scores both teams scoring in the 30s

I play no switch, call realistic play calls, and try to defend run first

Any suggestions on how to tighten up the game, feels to loose
the cpu breaking tackles is truly frustrating if the ball carrier gets one on one he 98% of the time breaks free and scores

Need help on adjustments
How are you defending the run? Cover 2 zone, Cover 3 flats, and 2 man under works best for me. I always get burned on outside runs when I call blitz plays. I only blitz on passing situations on my side of the field so I don't give up any huge play if they get the ball off without pressure.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #244
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
CPU varies anywhere between 55-70% in completions......

The QBA being at 70 might appear to be high from the naked eye but remember on Pro Level you very rarely witness the ROBO QB play.

I still see the occasional errant or target throws by the CPU.

The real problem is the Human QBA but that is standard with the game EA makes the Human controlled qb way to accurate...

Anywhere between 0-5 seems to be a comfort zone for the Human player.

I also use 100 Run Block to eliminate a lot of the TFL the game renders on both sides.......you can either reduce Run Block down for Human or either increase the CPU Tackle slider to find a good balance catered to your skill set or team.

I'm averaging roughly 5.2 YPC with Elliot in 9 games but that was inflated do to a couple big runs each game.

It feels natural to me so I won't change or alter the sliders if it doesn't seem unrealistic

Heck Jay Ajayi just had back to back games with 200 yards rushing IRL....how many people would consider that unrealistic in Madden?

So it depends on your skill level and what you think might be acceptable....I no longer play these games looking for perfection because that simply isn't going to happen with Madden
I'm with you here. I focus more now on trying to get the game to represent Madden statistics rather than NFL statistics and I've been happier.

People always complain scoring is too high in Madden and that they never see a 3-10 game for example. Well I just had a 13-10 game and that was on Play The Moment which usually always ends up in 30+ scoring games.

The only thing that bugs me about Madden is non gameplay related things. Like developing players. 8 seasons in my CFM and there are only 41 players in the entire league with a OVR greater than 89. It's just so slow to develop. Even using T Dawg's XP sliders, I maybe get a Superstar/Quick development rookie to 86-88 by the time he's 26-27 and it becomes too expensive to develop further.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #245
Pro

Do you input auto subs at main menu or cfm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 01:12 AM   #246
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Has anyone used these for player franchises? I find they work well as a defender (although getting ints as a safety seems near impossible due to hardly ever being targeted), but as a QB I'm wondering if I'll need to adjust the human sliders for running?
Old 01-17-2017, 05:58 AM   #247
Rookie

It seems that when you turn false start above 50, the CPU enjoys a drive or two a game where they get 5-15 false start penalties in a row...

They went from my 35 yard line to their 15 in one drive then got sacked at the 6.

Last edited by Splice; 01-17-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:39 PM   #248
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
It seems that when you turn false start above 50, the CPU enjoys a drive or two a game where they get 5-15 false start penalties in a row...

They went from my 35 yard line to their 15 in one drive then got sacked at the 6.
I've never noticed this flaw.....

But if that's happening I'd suggest just leaving the slider at default 50 or going no higher than 52 on the setting

Thanks for the feedback

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »