Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders - Page 32 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

Felt the urge to fire up Madden for the first time in months after the playoff games. Seems like I'm not the only one reading some of the other threads.

Gave these sliders a try through three games now. I have enjoyed them and its made for a fun gameplay. Nice to get some realistic stats out of the game as opposed to the shorter quarters.

-Each game has basically been a blowout. I dominated the Bears as the Vikings, lost big as the Ravens to the Colts, and then smashed the Colts with the Lions in Week 1 of my franchise. The Colts-Lions game was the closest of the three after my run game failed me running out the clock and they picked up a couple of late touchdowns. I was plagued by turnovers in the first two games as the Vikings fumbled five times and then I threw three picks with Flacco to the Colts. Felt like anything that wasn't a bullet pass was a 50/50 ball that I never came down with.

-User QB Accuracy seems high. I started with it on 2 and bumped it down to 0 for the third game, but I am still completing 80-90% of passes. That may be from the offense I run, which is made up of mostly short to medium crossing routes to gain separation from the d or pick on mismatched linebackers on slot receivers. Any tips?

-I've had medium success in the run game. Seems like 3-4 out of every 5 runs is between -2 and 2 yards gained, then a big gain will boost the totals and YPC stats to "realistic" levels. Not a bad thing, but can be frustrating in a fun way when the running game just isn't there.

-The Colts offense in my game playing as the Lions basically shot themselves in the foot time and time again with penalties. I may tweak the penalties slider a bit as it seems CPU holding and false starts are pretty high, and I can't recall any other type of penalty being called.

-Lastly, and unrelated to the sliders, I really want to play franchise mode. My favorite team is the Lions, but I'm also considering using the Falcons, Ravens, and Texans. Open to other suggestions as well. Don't want to hijack the thread, so PM me if you have any input there.

TL;DR version: Thanks for the sliders, they've restored some fun to the game. Couple things I may tweak for my own style of play, but have enjoyed using them.

Last edited by ripham23232; 01-18-2017 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 01-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #250
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

A couple of suggestions for the sliders

Penalties depending on what your seeing can be reduced down 1-2 clicks that should help with false starts and holding

For gameplay in general the human qba is a mess across the boards imo on all levels because EA screwed up the accuracy slider....

I would probably suggest going with qba at 0 and then wr catch at 35 or 40 and see if that starts to decrease completion percentage for human players

Run blocking used to be at 100 for both sides to eliminate the tackles for losses.....i would suggest moving up the slider until you reach a comfort zone in your run game it's all based on user preference start at 55 and see if that gets you going in the Righ direction
Old 01-18-2017, 10:12 PM   #251
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

My only tip for QBA is to vary your play calling. Force yourself to try deep a few times a game and don't always go underneath. Try to complete exotic routes. You may end up getting to the point where most incompletions are under pressure throws.

It takes you out of the game a bit and forces you to limit your abilities a bit, but this has been the same story with Madden for as long as I can remember.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:27 AM   #252
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
I'm with you here. I focus more now on trying to get the game to represent Madden statistics rather than NFL statistics and I've been happier.

People always complain scoring is too high in Madden and that they never see a 3-10 game for example. Well I just had a 13-10 game and that was on Play The Moment which usually always ends up in 30+ scoring games.

The only thing that bugs me about Madden is non gameplay related things. Like developing players. 8 seasons in my CFM and there are only 41 players in the entire league with a OVR greater than 89. It's just so slow to develop. Even using T Dawg's XP sliders, I maybe get a Superstar/Quick development rookie to 86-88 by the time he's 26-27 and it becomes too expensive to develop further.
This is because at a certain point the player should automatically become Quick trait or Superstar trait depending on what they were previously based on yearly performance. You kinda have to pick when to change a player to quick trait or superstar trait yourself to get more accurate player development.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:32 AM   #253
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoGColts
This is because at a certain point the player should automatically become Quick trait or Superstar trait depending on what they were previously based on yearly performance. You kinda have to pick when to change a player to quick trait or superstar trait yourself to get more accurate player development.
Can't edit previous post; Meant to say the developers need to make it so a player gains slow/normal/quick/superstar traits based on performance. Example would be T.Y. Hilton currently Quick trait lead league in receiving yards, now Superstar trait.

Hopefully they switch to Frostbite engine soon as well like fifa did the ignite engine is awful. They need a modern engine not one slowly updated over time.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:13 AM   #254
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IoGColts
Can't edit previous post; Meant to say the developers need to make it so a player gains slow/normal/quick/superstar traits based on performance. Example would be T.Y. Hilton currently Quick trait lead league in receiving yards, now Superstar trait.

Hopefully they switch to Frostbite engine soon as well like fifa did the ignite engine is awful. They need a modern engine not one slowly updated over time.
I started doing this manually for my own team, but then I felt I was giving myself an advantage over the CPU teams.

I would change development traits based on certain scenarios like you explained. Sometimes ordinary players just have a light switch flipped on and they become important players. Like Alex Smith for example.

Some things rules I've thought of upgrading development traits.

A QB that wins the Super Bowl with a >16th ranked defense. Set development to Superstar if it isn't already.

A QB that had a breakout season compared to an otherwise dreadful career. Like Alex Smith. Set development to Quick if it isn't already.

A below good overall defensive player that led the league in sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles, etc. Set development to Quick if it isn't already.

A DB having a game winning/securing pick 6 in a Super Bowl or a player getting any turnover that secures the win. Like Clay Matthews. Set development to Quick if it isn't already.

Just a few ideas. We should compile a list of scenarios to use as house rules. Not too many that you will forget many of them, but a small list of 10-15 or so that are most important.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:18 AM   #255
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
A couple of suggestions for the sliders

Penalties depending on what your seeing can be reduced down 1-2 clicks that should help with false starts and holding

For gameplay in general the human qba is a mess across the boards imo on all levels because EA screwed up the accuracy slider....

I would probably suggest going with qba at 0 and then wr catch at 35 or 40 and see if that starts to decrease completion percentage for human players

Run blocking used to be at 100 for both sides to eliminate the tackles for losses.....i would suggest moving up the slider until you reach a comfort zone in your run game it's all based on user preference start at 55 and see if that gets you going in the Righ direction
I play coach mode and human QBA at 0 seems broken. It's like playing on All-Pro or All-Madden, where you get >70% completions every game no matter who you play with. 45-47 seems to be the sweet spot for me for both human and cpu QBA in coach mode. All QBs are about the same in quick passing but you start seeing the separation of ratings in the corner routes, post routes, deep balls, etc. I've had Matt Ryan throw for 55% but had 336 yards with Julio Jones 189 receiving. I've had Cousins throw for 72%. I've had Phillip Rivers throw 61%. It's been a broad range. You'll see everybody struggle and everybody have good games. Any higher than 47 and it seems that it's just 65-70% games no matter who you play and the only incompleteness are balls thrown away or "thrown" when getting sacked. 4-6 seems to offer the best passing game in terms of inaccurate throws leading to incompletions. I played at 45 for awhile but you would see errant throws way too much from guys like Brady and Brees.

Also does TFL affect XP progression? I know people complain about too many drops a lot in other slider threads but there's really nothing you can do to fix QB accuracy on All-Pro or All-Madden so the drops create the lower completion rate. I don't think drops make receivers lose XP or anything so it doesn't really bother me, besides the realism factor, but it's Madden.

But there is a problem with the TFL statistics, because I believe players do earn extra XP for TFL's, and it would create a disadvantage against CPU teams that get 1-5 a game when you're getting 10+.

Last edited by Splice; 01-20-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #256
Rookie

Playmaker have you tried QBA at 100? It seems to be like what 0 should be.

Played against RG3 and he went 15-30 1 touchdown 4 picks.

Played against drew brees and he went 14-24 3 touchdowns 1 pick.

I wasn't really trying to play defense. Just testing things. I ran cover 3 match every play adjusted to underneath coverage and played a DE to make some pressure.

The only thing I noticed was that QBA affects play calling. At 100 90% of plays were all verticals. I dropped it to 90 and got some variety and more organic play calling.

Both QBs actually moved out of the pocket and threw the ball instead of waiting to get sacked. RG3 had a few errant throws without pressure in his face.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »