Home

Some observations on QB accuracy

This is a discussion on Some observations on QB accuracy within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Some observations on QB accuracy

It's not just the qba slider that effects diwn field throwing attempts...

Pass Coverage for human player plays a role as well....cpu qb in madden can be tricked into throwing deep more often when COVERAGE is set lower because their awareness rating then kicks in on those deep routes

I have a set with qba at 65 vs pass coverage 45 and qba 50 vs pass coverage 0 and on both sets teddy Bridgewater took several deep shots down the field even with a few thrown into coverage that led to INT's

I think the accuracy issues only reside with the human sliders it is way too overpowering on any level out of the box and it's been that way for years.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Turning CPU QB accuracy up a ton does not make the CPU go deep. Confirmed.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It's not just the qba slider that effects diwn field throwing attempts...

Pass Coverage for human player plays a role as well....cpu qb in madden can be tricked into throwing deep more often when COVERAGE is set lower because their awareness rating then kicks in on those deep routes

I have a set with qba at 65 vs pass coverage 45 and qba 50 vs pass coverage 0 and on both sets teddy Bridgewater took several deep shots down the field even with a few thrown into coverage that led to INT's

I think the accuracy issues only reside with the human sliders it is way too overpowering on any level out of the box and it's been that way for years.

Yeah. It's always interesting how some sliders affect things. And, of course, it's a video game. It has to follow rules. And, all these dice rolls have to factor in more than one thing, so for things like getting the CPU QB to throw the ball a certain way, it is a combo of QB acc, hum pass coverage, etc. I'm still messing with a set of overall sliders, and I didn't really think about the las coverage thing. But, for various reasons, I set hum pass coverage to 47, and after reading this post, I realized my recent games had the CPU throwing a few bombs, and that felt 'fresh' or new to the game. So, maybe pass cov is one of the more important ones to help with that. And, it doesn't mean they're completed, either, which is the good thing. Lowering pass cov doesn't always equal 'worse coverage', so these are the tricky things to figure out when slidering (which also makes it a total pain in the ***. lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »