Home

M17: Penalty Sliders Impact Gameplay

This is a discussion on M17: Penalty Sliders Impact Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
M17: Penalty Sliders Impact Gameplay

Heard this one before? I've played 8 games with nothing but penalty slider adjustments and I'm noticing penalties impact gameplay. Below is a summary of what I've found.

Offside at 55 - defense fires off the ball much quicker. Run game for CPU and User becomes much more difficult.

False Start at 55 - creates false starts, lol. It appears to be one of the few that doesn't impact gameplay but actually increases penalties.

Holding at 55 - causes offense to hold blocks longer.

Defensive Holding at 55 - causes DB coverage to be much less aggressive and overall worse.

DPI at 55 - causes DBs to be much more aggressive. Tighter coverage, more picks but also more blown coverages.

Facemask at 55 - haven't seen much impact with this one. Get 1-2 penalties a game.

Block in the back at 55 - also not much impact in gameplay. 3-4 penalties a game.

Roughing the passer at 55 - Qb holds the ball way too long and will take multiple "coverage" sacks.

On default AP I've been running with all penalties at 55 except Offside, Defensive Holding, DPI, and Roughing the Passer. I've had really good results. If the run game is too easy, crank up Offside. If the pass game is too easy crank up DPI but do not change D Holding. I'd be interested to see what others are noticing with penalties.

Last edited by tdogg097; 08-28-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 10:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: M17: Penalty Sliders Impact Gameplay

So lowering roughing the passer makes him scramble?
Old 08-28-2016, 11:02 AM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

So should we raise these sliders to have the impact you mention in each of the penalties or should we lower them? Confused.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #4
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Offside seems opposite to me as a lower value makes D more aggressive.

I've noticed penalties affecting tendencies. Higher DPI appears to make DB back off more.

These aren't linear, they affect each other such as lower offside makes D aggressive and higher O Holding makes OL less aggressive so D will be tougher.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #5
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Offside seems opposite to me as a lower value makes D more aggressive.

I've noticed penalties affecting tendencies. Higher DPI appears to make DB back off more.

These aren't linear, they affect each other such as lower offside makes D aggressive and higher O Holding makes OL less aggressive so D will be tougher.

I'm confused because you're saying the complete opposite of what the OP is saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »