Home

RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #81
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylimesoda
Just started a new 32 user Fantasy Draft league. Looking for some help for how to adapt your sliders. We're at the beginning of season 1 and run 8 minute quarters.

I think we could deal with the lower points/stats of 8 minute quarters if the gameplay feels right.

I'm more concerned that your season one sliders appear to have fallen out of date with the latest patch level?

Frankly, that's a pretty valid concern. I don't have an easy answer. I might try somewhere closer to the current sliders (though as you can see, even we are not back to where I want us to be post-patch... it really did throw a wrench into gameplay). Our run game is pretty well balanced again at this point, though a little too boom-or-bust.

The pass game I feel is where you will have to be careful. Maybe try slightly more forgiving pass sliders than what we're currently running, and if you see too many crazy high passing games, move down toward our levels.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #82
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Just started a new 32 user Fantasy Draft league. Looking for some help for how to adapt your sliders. We're at the beginning of season 1 and run 8 minute quarters.

I think we could deal with the lower points/stats of 8 minute quarters if the gameplay feels right.

I'm more concerned that your season one sliders appear to have fallen out of date with the latest patch level?

Also as you noted, with 8 min quarters (runoff?) you'll probably want more forgiving offensive sliders, anyway. Maybe drop coverage some off what I have, raise run blocking a couple points. The per-play balance will be skewed toward the offense, but if you run with our sliders you're likely to wind up with scores & raw yardage totals well below the NFL, which could make hitting XP goals difficult (plus, guys won't enjoy it as much if they never hit 100 yds rushing or 300 yds passing).

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 02-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #83
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Also id add this, we have been using his sliders in our 32 man league all of last season, and up to week 13 of this season.Stats seemed ok/reasonable for us. Nothing crazy got out of hand. We also run on 8 minute quarters with no run off. Ave about 50-58 plays on offense per game.

im interested to see how the updated changes help. I felt like running hit a block wall after patch. Unless someone broke a long run , most games were only getting 40-60 yards rushing max. I have a very good online and couldnt run the ball that well even with derrick henry. So im hoping the adjusted sliders helps that out. we will see.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 02-21-2017, 03:34 PM   #84
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Also id add this, we have been using his sliders in our 32 man league all of last season, and up to week 13 of this season.Stats seemed ok/reasonable for us. Nothing crazy got out of hand. We also run on 8 minute quarters with no run off. Ave about 50-58 plays on offense per game.

im interested to see how the updated changes help. I felt like running hit a block wall after patch. Unless someone broke a long run , most games were only getting 40-60 yards rushing max. I have a very good online and couldnt run the ball that well even with derrick henry. So im hoping the adjusted sliders helps that out. we will see.

Not gonna lie, that boom or bust is still there. That's the main reason why I've upped tackle, to try to limit those giant runs from an open field broken CB/DB tackle that was raising YPC so high, which allows me to raise the RBK slider for all the other runs. I think it's helped, but I can't pretend it solves the issue.

Passing has been an issue since the update too. Sacks & INTs spiked higher than even I'm comfortable seeing them. Like I said this is my 2nd wave of adjustments so hopefully they get us there or very close, but I can't call it a finished product yet.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 02-23-2017, 12:31 AM   #85
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Quick update post-tuning patch:

INTs & sacks increased noticeably when this patch went live, higher than even where I'm comfortable. Completion % and passing yardage dropped. Scoring dropped.

I'm likely not finished, as we still aren't back to where I want us to be, but here's where I have us heading into week 9 (anything not listed was not touched)...this is after 2 game weeks' worth of data and represents my 2nd round of adjustments:

QB Acc: 25 (+7)

Pass Blk: 60 (+5)

Catching: 54 (+2)

Run Blk: 70 (+2)

Pass D Reaction: 49 (-2)

Tackle: 48 (+2)

Basically, I upped tackling +2 and run blocking slightly to compensate. Too many huge runs off a single DB broken tackle on the edge were inflating rushing #s in an otherwise healthy run game.

As you can see, I've upped the pass game considerably. If passing gets too good with this second wave of changes, I will up coverage further, but so far our league was really struggling in the pass game.

Interesting to note: many our users are struggling to run (run block slider at 65) yet in order to keep passing in line with the league average per game coverage and reaction were bumped to 96 and pass block was lowered to 30.*

*After 4 weeks of pre season games and a review of primarily 1st team stats.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #86
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Interesting to note: many our users are struggling to run (run block slider at 65) yet in order to keep passing in line with the league average per game coverage and reaction were bumped to 96 and pass block was lowered to 30.*

*After 4 weeks of pre season games and a review of primarily 1st team stats.
Dang, and I thought our sack/INT #s were high. Dropping PBK about 30 pts, can't imagine.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 02-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #87
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quick update:

Getting MUCH closer now post-tuner. I've made the following adjustments and are seeing some better results. Scoring is still in an amazing place (right around NFL ~22.6 median PPG). Rushing is very close. Passing may still tweak but much better than it was 2 weeks ago.

Pass block: 63 (+3)

So this is where we stand (will update OP):

Run game may still be a tiny bit high, so I may drop RBK -1 or up TKL +1 next game week.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 02-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #88
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis

Run game may still be a tiny bit high, so I may drop RBK -1 or up TKL +1 next game week.

Things are much closer to where I want them now post-tuner. QBs still miss throws, but league completion rates have risen to around 60% (NFL is 63% but, again, they pass far less aggressively downfield than we do). INTs still very high but league-wide sack rate has dropped to just above NFL levels.

- Rushing still a bit high, raised TKL +1 to 49 and RBK -1 to 69
- Passing still a bit low/risky, lowered Pass Coverage -5 to 75 and Pass Block +2 to 65

One big non-slider thing that affects stats/balance... we outlawed Ball Hawk. Something I/we have been hating for a long time now. It makes balancing the passing game vs INTs a bit easier and prevents guys from just hanging out near a pass holding Y and getting INTs that way. I spoke with a couple other commishes who have had success prohibiting it in their own leagues. So, to each their own on this one, it will require some policing to really enforce this rule (we adopted a rule where if a commish requests it, a player has to throw up their stream after the game before exiting the score screen, then show their Settings to confirm Ball Hawk is OFF).

So, just full disclosure, moving forward we will be balancing with Ball Hawk OFF. TBD on the impact to INT levels.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 02-28-2017 at 08:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »