RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-10-2016, 01:48 PM   #25
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
Concerns through 3 weeks:
Pass blocking - we are averaging about twice as many sacks as the NFL per game right now. We have had a few games with 11 total sacks, while most are in the 6-9 range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've heard this from my guys anecdotally and will likely be bumping it after week 1 myself. I prefer to err on the side of D initially and then move toward O. That was easier said than done in previous Maddens but this Madden is much more defensive.

RBK sliders seem to make noticeable differences even at +/ 1 point, so I probably will only bump PBK by a point or two initially if our sacks are high.

The other part of that is I expect our sacks to be a bit high because guys are used to sitting back in the pocket for several seconds. In the NFL, the heat comes, that's why they aren't averaging 13-14 yds per completion and 10-11 yds/att like you often see in Madden leagues. Dudes go deep, and I don't just mean bombs, I mean even intermediate/deep routes that take a while to develop. Typically only elite OLs can support that kind of an offense play in and play out.

So that's the tricky balance, the 'art' part as opposed to the science part: how much is buffing PBK actually rewarding guys who are playing too aggressive, and how much is just that PBK is too low?

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #26
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
I've heard this from my guys anecdotally and will likely be bumping it after week 1 myself. I prefer to err on the side of D initially and then move toward O. That was easier said than done in previous Maddens but this Madden is much more defensive.

RBK sliders seem to make noticeable differences even at +/ 1 point, so I probably will only bump PBK by a point or two initially if our sacks are high.

The other part of that is I expect our sacks to be a bit high because guys are used to sitting back in the pocket for several seconds. In the NFL, the heat comes, that's why they aren't averaging 13-14 yds per completion and 10-11 yds/att like you often see in Madden leagues. Dudes go deep, and I don't just mean bombs, I mean even intermediate/deep routes that take a while to develop. Typically only elite OLs can support that kind of an offense play in and play out.

So that's the tricky balance, the 'art' part as opposed to the science part: how much is buffing PBK actually rewarding guys who are playing too aggressive, and how much is just that PBK is too low?

I see what you are saying. But Guys were complaining about immediate pressure right after the snap, noticeably more pressure when pinching the dline, even with a three man rush. A couple guys said it seems like the dline is moving twice as fast as the rest of the field. This is with s bump to 55 on pass blocking too. I went to 60 in a test league, and it seemed to be a little better. About 12 sacks in two games total. Where as before it was around 20 total sacks in two games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2016, 02:38 PM   #27
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
I see what you are saying. But Guys were complaining about immediate pressure right after the snap, noticeably more pressure when pinching the dline, even with a three man rush. A couple guys said it seems like the dline is moving twice as fast as the rest of the field. This is with s bump to 55 on pass blocking too. I went to 60 in a test league, and it seemed to be a little better. About 12 sacks in two games total. Where as before it was around 20 total sacks in two games.

Good to know, I may preemptively bump ours then for wk 1.

I'm also wondering what all was tuned in the past few days. Guys who were loving the 60 spd disparity a few days ago are now saying suddenly nobody is getting open deep. Wonder if the deep ball in general was tuned.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #28
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

I played a game today, didn't seem to have issues with separation.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #29
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
I played a game today, didn't seem to have issues with separation.

OK cool. Was probably just two guys paying attention to two snaps where their burner didn't get the steps, ha. That scared me more because messing with SPD throws other things off. PBK & RBK are more isolation sliders, in general.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #30
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Cycled to the regular season this morning, so will be posting some week 1/2 data for our league here toward the end of the week & seeing where we need to adjust. I did bump PBK +1 for the start based on Cajun's initial impressions.

Also lowering INJ slider to 45 initially, as per an EA dev admitting their sliders were tuned for shorter quarters.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-14-2016, 01:30 PM   #31
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

"Way Too Early" initial stats from our first 7 game / 14 team sample in week 1

... and yes, all of this needs more data to draw real conclusions from it, but just as a first pass to make sure nothing is completely way far off:

• Scoring tracking about 2 ppg lower than NFL avg, but actually just a hair higher than NFL on a per-play basis. Will be bumping clock rundown to 18 for week 2 to try to eek out a couple more plays/game (currently averaging 112 snaps/game).
  • Rushing YPC just a bit lower than NFL but pretty close so far (3.98 AWFL vs 4.12 NFL 2015)
  • Despite it feeling high to a number of guys, fumble rate (fumbles lost per 100 snaps) is actually tracking below NFL levels at FUM 60 slider.
  • Sack rate is tracking higher than NFL (8.1 sacks per 100 dropbacks vs 6.1 NFL 2015), mirroring the trend Cajun's league is reporting. This requires more data & a slightly deeper dive from me, because Yds per Completion is also much higher than the NFL, so I need to make an educated prediction on whether part of what is driving sack rate is that guys tend to go deep more than the NFL and are being punished for it. We are at 51 PBK currently, so will be looking to potentially bump this up another point or two depending on what I'm seeing RE: passing & RAC.

High level, our offenses tend to be slower out of the gate than defenses based on the past two Madden cycles we've run, and then they catch up QUICK and it's hard to balance defense realistically after that. So I'm hesitant to over-adjust toward the offense and get caught up in the game of big swings. But I'll keep monitoring to see what needs small tweaks for weeks 2-3.

Commissioner
(M18 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

Last edited by Aestis; 09-14-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 01:37 PM   #32
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
"Way Too Early" initial stats from our first 7 game / 14 team sample in week 1

High level, our offenses tend to be slower out of the gate than defenses based on the past two Madden cycles we've run, and then they catch up QUICK and it's hard to balance defense realistically after that. So I'm hesitant to over-adjust toward the offense and get caught up in the game of big swings. But I'll keep monitoring to see what needs small tweaks for weeks 2-3.

We have had guys say the samething, that the defense seems to be moving faster than the offense after the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »