Ever wonder why we fiddle with sliders so much? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Ever wonder why we fiddle with sliders so much?

This is a discussion on Ever wonder why we fiddle with sliders so much? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-03-2016, 12:04 AM   #1
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Ever wonder why we fiddle with sliders so much?

Every year madden comes out and we fiddle with sliders. But what do they really do? Others have said it simply is adjusting the roll of the dice for that category.
So if QB accuracy is set to 50 your saying that 50% of the time throws will be on target based on your QB's ratings.

So I guess what I'm saying is , if someone comes out with a slider set, will it play as well for a 97 rated QB as it would for a 79 rated QB. Basically your taking the lower QB and really making him even more deficient.
Does this rule apply to all sliders? Well I think categories like fumbles and tackling will effect the rate with which those occurrences happen . So if you don't like seeing a lot of broken tackles or fumbles , raise them up. But I really think sliders alter the game in ways that effect the game from team to team.

To put in perspective. I have tried sliders for a particular team against another particular team. The game plays well but if I change teams or even substitute certain players then the sliders become unnatural in a way that is not difficult ,just unrealistic.

What does this mean? I think if you want to see consistent gameplay , keep sliders at default and play with speed parity and game speed. These two things can change the game without effecting the core elements as they pertain to each players ratings.

For years I have played with sliders and enjoys the games briefly before I had to go back to default sliders to enjoy the game again.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 01:16 AM   #2
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Ever wonder why we fiddle with sliders so much?

The problem is no matter what level it's on at 50 qba for human i will always complete an insane number of passes vs the cpu because that setting is just way too accurate out of the box every year in madden

Also CPU struggles to run on me if leave the tackle slider at default.....

I think the real issuse with sliders is that EA themselves probably don't know to what effect they have on the gameplay

Heck just a few years ago they were releasing madden the sliders being reversed so really at that point do we really even know that 50 represents default?

This is the one company who has never invested any time into a SIM SETTING out of the box and i believe it's because they don't have an idea on which sliders actually work from year to year

They went on record as saying they were releasing games with codes on top of codes
Old 09-03-2016, 03:31 AM   #3
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

It's not that 50 is 50%. 50 is just EA's default. The problem with sticking with default for some is that it's too easy or too hard.

If EA's version of default is for a QB to be on target 90% of the time then I like to lower that number.

I understand why some feel this way. It's because guys start testing sliders and try to make the game something it's not.

I usually have a slider set finalized in a few weeks after release. My Madden 16 set was that way.

It's because I accept Madden as is but, just like to tune it to my liking. This keep me out of slideritus that some get in.

Even those who are only adjusting penalties and auto subs get slideritus lol.

I could play on all default if I really wanted. It's pretty good this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 08:36 AM   #4
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I'm actually a little disappointed with sliders compared to last year. M16 was truly the first madden in years that played well at default. I tweaked penalties some, and then some minor tweaks to sliders - most of them stayed around 46 I'd say for me, and I loved the gameplay. This year, I'm struggling a bit more. The game still plays good out of the box, but there are some 'quick' animations that I just didn't like. It didn't quite 'feel' like football. So, I've been messing around with them quite a bit right now. And, in finding it tougher this year. Tweaking a few sliders simply 1 point can cause the 'quick' animations to trigger, the sliding, the warping suddenly 'jumps' back into the game. Lol. So, honestly, I have a feeling that their addition of special moves (well, the fact that special moves actually work this year. Lol) has changed the code somewhat. Mixed with the new D, something is slightly different for me this year. And, it kinda sux. Lol. M16 may still go down as the best playing game for me. But, maybe I'll adjust. I want to like this game more for the new d, ball physics, tougher QB play (meaning, tougher for me to throw as I keep getting sacked and/or fumbling (even after the tuner)). But, to me, I will always think they're code is just a little off. When u mess with sliders a lot, and u make subtle changes that suddenly make the game 'wonky,' I have to think the coding is a little off. But, it is what it is. I'm 2-6 in the 2nd year of my CFM. Lol. I've got QB acc at 50, and Matt Ryan just continually throws balls to where only the DEFENDER can make a play. This is driving me nuts. So, I'm trying to find a slider mix that will throw the ball better. This ends up being a mix of QB acc, CPU pass cov, WR catch, tackling, etc. lol. I mean, that's what also sux about madden sliders or madden overall gameplay. The ball trajectory is affected by ALL OF THOSE THINGS!!!! Instead of simply being tied to QB acc. All of those other things can effect where the ball goes. And, that's kind of annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 09:31 AM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

The problem with sliders is there's no way to accurately calculate what slider actually effects what. I'm not even sure EA knows.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #6
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

For me, All madden default sliders " normal speed" is giving me great competitive games. I like the animations better on slow speed but moving it to normal ,changes not only the speed , but also the overall effectiveness of the cpu.
On slow speed or even very slow speed I feel I can win , or pick and choose how effective I want to be. On normal speed it takes more strategy and thinking to be successful.

The only thing I'm playing with is turning on and off auto Straff, ball hawk, auto switch, heat seeker.

Other than that I'm enjoying all three phases of the game on default all madden this year .
Old 09-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #7
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

This is why i try and stay as default as possible. Like Playmakers said though, CPU can't run against him, so he has to make changes to get that going. I used a 25 point adjustment scale few years back and still try to. If moving 25 is too much, i try to go between that up or down by 12 or 13.

Slideritus is real and is why i try and stick to a scale LOL.

I'm going through the slider sets we have out already in this forum and averaging them out on an excel sheet. See how that plays out.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »