Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

This is a discussion on Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2004
Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

PSN - Sabo00FF

How to use

1. Create 2nd profile
2. Download all playbooks
3. Star franchise with INSTANT STARTER OFF
4. Create new character on the team you're about to play
5. Make it an active player (preferably 3rd string QB because he never plays)
6. Before game starts take 2nd controller to opposing team and pick custom book DONT MOVE BACK TO MIDDLE
7. Play game
8. Retire player, who want disappear
9. Repeat next week

Sup sim fanatics... Long time player, been a lurker for the most part but the forums have always been something that improved my gaming experience throughout the years... Thought it was finally time I gave something back!!

To go along one of the funnest Madden's we've had in a very long time comes some very questionable game planning by EA team... I can't for the life of my understand how a team can have 450 plays, with 30 different sets but only be programmed to use about 40 plays....

Thanks to some inspiration from Vanwolfhawk, I decided to was time to fix the problem, no different then you guys do a gameplay issue with sliders...

What I decided to do was go through all 32 teams and give them the proper game plan system they deserve... My original idea was to give every single play a half star for every down and distance... Make the CPU use the entire playbook and never know what they might call with favoring one play over the other (hello four verts)...

That didn't last long because for some reason the game would always crash... After tinkering with it for a while, I found the perfect mix without crashing being around 15 sets with about 250 plays... Not as exotic but sure as hell beats what we have now...

Here's the system I came up with...

Removed all curl/flats, stick, four verticals, trimmed HB screens...

Certain teams I gave an half star for running the ball (buffalo, Carolina, Minny, etc)

1st down - 3 star run 1.5 play action .5 others
2 and long - .5 every single play
2 and medium - 2 run 1.5 play action .5 others
2 and short - .5 every single play
3 and long - only shotgun/one back passing 3 star shotgun plays that reach the sticks
3 and medium - only shotgun/one back passing 3 star shotgun plays that reach the sticks
3 and short - 2 run 1.5 play action .5 others

I've been getting a great mix of passing/running and unpredictability regardless of down and distance... You can play the same team twice in a row and one game they'll sling it next they'll pound the ball...

this should help you guys out along with some of the hard working slider guys here... Hopefully someone at ea tries this and hope they do the work for me next year!!!

Now if only we can fix QB play and make the pocket collapse!!!

Sidenote: I have no idea how these will work if you use them as your playbook and rely on strategy suggestions...


Last edited by xSABOx; 09-05-2016 at 09:56 AM.
xSABOx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 10:23 PM   #2
Rookie
 
caseyj622's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

This looks really promising. Def gonna try it out. As for as the pocket collapsing, I have pass block for user and cpu at 0 on all madden and when you play a good D-line you really feel the heat and have to move around a lot. I'm loving it. If these playbooks work for me, Madden 17 will basically be a finished product for me which is absolutely insane considering it's only the beginning of September!
caseyj622 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

Hi, I'd like to thank you for taking the time out to do this. I can only imagine how long it took to put this together. Further, when working, you've managed to create an awesome game of madden against the CPU.

I've posted on the previous forum Madden 17 Everything Playbooks about not being able to use the custom playbooks without the game crashing. I was actually using your playbooks (downloaded them on 9/3 originally and downloaded them again about 15 mins ago) when the problem was happening. I've attempted to play the same game in offline franchise against the Bucs about 15 times; all resulting in the game crashing. I did have the opportunity during some attempts to play for about 1 quarter before the game crashed. I would love to find a resolution to this problem because the game plays so much better with your playbooks when it works. The main issue is that it just is not working at all or its functionality is extremely limited.

I've followed all of the instructions 100% accurately with no success. If it helps, I tried using Tampa Bay's playbook and also Atlanta's. The 9/3 version of TB seldom played before crashing, the 9/4 TB and ATL playbook just crashed outright.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
FJS1010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 02:55 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

Thanks for your hard work putting all these together. I know how time consuming it is to go through these for all teams! The default playbooks are loaded with dink dunk money plays. slant, flat, drag, curl routes and that is why the qb ends up with 80-90 % completion. The game would be infinitely more fun if ea had sone guys sit down and properly rate the plays in the playbook. It's ridiculous that every team is set to run four verticals on third & long! It gets the point you can predict what they will call and make every game a blowout in your favor. Adjusting the star ratings and making them utilize the whole playbook changes the game! I am glad we have the means to get good gameplay until ea hopefully hears us out and fixes this yearly issue.
burton378 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS1010
Hi, I'd like to thank you for taking the time out to do this. I can only imagine how long it took to put this together. Further, when working, you've managed to create an awesome game of madden against the CPU.

I've posted on the previous forum Madden 17 Everything Playbooks about not being able to use the custom playbooks without the game crashing. I was actually using your playbooks (downloaded them on 9/3 originally and downloaded them again about 15 mins ago) when the problem was happening. I've attempted to play the same game in offline franchise against the Bucs about 15 times; all resulting in the game crashing. I did have the opportunity during some attempts to play for about 1 quarter before the game crashed. I would love to find a resolution to this problem because the game plays so much better with your playbooks when it works. The main issue is that it just is not working at all or its functionality is extremely limited.

I've followed all of the instructions 100% accurately with no success. If it helps, I tried using Tampa Bay's playbook and also Atlanta's. The 9/3 version of TB seldom played before crashing, the 9/4 TB and ATL playbook just crashed outright.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Are you using a custom book for yourself as well!? I wonder if that's overwhelming the game and crashing it... Like I said I had to keep trimming the playbooks of it crashed on any down and distance during my tests... I've been able to run through and entire quarter against each book so far... But I don't use the custom book for myself just CPU
xSABOx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
This looks really promising. Def gonna try it out. As for as the pocket collapsing, I have pass block for user and cpu at 0 on all madden and when you play a good D-line you really feel the heat and have to move around a lot. I'm loving it. If these playbooks work for me, Madden 17 will basically be a finished product for me which is absolutely insane considering it's only the beginning of September!
I'll give it a go at 0... Hope they patch qb play because it such a beauty when it works properly with the pocket awareness and occasional misfires
xSABOx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:19 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton378
Thanks for your hard work putting all these together. I know how time consuming it is to go through these for all teams! The default playbooks are loaded with dink dunk money plays. slant, flat, drag, curl routes and that is why the qb ends up with 80-90 % completion. The game would be infinitely more fun if ea had sone guys sit down and properly rate the plays in the playbook. It's ridiculous that every team is set to run four verticals on third & long! It gets the point you can predict what they will call and make every game a blowout in your favor. Adjusting the star ratings and making them utilize the whole playbook changes the game! I am glad we have the means to get good gameplay until ea hopefully hears us out and fixes this yearly issue.
Let me know if these do the trick!!
xSABOx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #8
Herman Reign Starts Now
 
Scott's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Easley, SC
Posts: 18,852
Blog Entries: 81
Re: Sabo's Custom CPU Gameplans PS4

So when you're doing this, do you just create a fake player?
Scott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.

Top -