Home

True NFL catching/tackling sliders

This is a discussion on True NFL catching/tackling sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 11:47 PM   #1
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
True NFL catching/tackling sliders

Hey guys, loved madden out of the box but a few legacy things were still there.
First was the WWF hits on ball carriers and next was the quirky animations in the passing game.

I'm not a big fan of the shoulder shrug tackle that has no regard to who is delivering it.( Ex a small corner hitting a big back). I also don't care for some of the animations in tight coverage and the body physics during pass plays.

These sliders also open the running game as too see holes on kickoffs, screens and punt returns.

* if a slider is not listed it is set to default.

Skill level:
ALL- MADDEN

User assist : ( auto strafe, ball hawk, heat seeker, auto switch) all ON.

Speed: Slow ( went back and forth between normal and slow , but slow with my threshold slider works really well together)

Threshold: 100 ( most important number to eliminate quirky animations and sliding/ warping)

Penalty slider:
Face mask : 5. ( yes that low. This opens up the tackling and somehow gets rid of the WWF hits)

User slider.
Defensive reaction: 55 (works well with my tackle slider)

Tackle: 25 ( love this slider setting. Tackling is now about being precise and the animations are beautiful.)

CPU slider
Tackle: 30 ( really shows off what you see on Sunday when running. This true when running up the middle .

* with these tackling sliders you really have to watch how you tackle . Ex. Hit stick vs conservative tackle .

*CPU running game is back !!!

* Throwing the fade route never looked better.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by Brooke2011; 09-06-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 01:59 AM   #2
Banned

Re: True NFL catching/tackling sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Hey guys, loved madden out of the box but a few legacy things were still there.
First was the WWF hits on ball carriers and next was the quirky animations in the passing game.

I'm not a big fan of the shoulder shrug tackle that has no regard to who is delivering it.( Ex a small corner hitting a big back). I also don't care for some of the animations in tight coverage and the body physics during pass plays.

These sliders also open the running game as too see holes on kickoffs, screens and punt returns.

* if a slider is not listed it is set to default.

Skill level:
ALL- MADDEN

User assist : ( auto strafe, ball hawk, heat seeker, auto switch) all ON.

Speed: Slow ( went back and forth between normal and slow , but slow with my threshold slider works really well together)

Threshold: 100 ( most important number to eliminate quirky animations and sliding/ warping)

Penalty slider:
Face mask : 5. ( yes that low. This opens up the tackling and somehow gets rid of the WWF hits)

User slider.
Defensive reaction: 55 (works well with my tackle slider)

Tackle: 25 ( love this slider setting. Tackling is now about being precise and the animations are beautiful.)

CPU slider
Tackle: 30 ( really shows off what you see on Sunday when running. This true when running up the middle .

* with these tackling sliders you really have to watch how you tackle . Ex. Hit stick vs conservative tackle .

*CPU running game is back !!!

* Throwing the fade route never looked better.

Enjoy!!!
Is all this true .... ?
Old 09-07-2016, 02:07 AM   #3
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Try it and see... It really is what happens with the speed parity at 100 and the tackle slider at 25/30 and the face mask penalty at 5.... Just those subtle changes make a big difference. I'm not one to mess with each slider category because I think it alters other aspects of the game. But for what I was looking to accomplish, I think these changes did the trick.

I've played about 7 games with various teams on these and the gameplay is consistent. I'm getting really good games . One more thing is I only play 5 minute quarters.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:30 AM   #4
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

I tried 100 speed parity and thought the game played great.. No sliding or skiing all over the field.. HOWEVER one time I threw a pick and my guard chased down and tackled a safety at the 5 yard line.. Only thing I don't like about 100 speed parity..
Old 09-07-2016, 08:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm thinking I'll try speed parity at about 92 so I can see a little more separation from fast and slow players. At that it should still keep sliding very minimal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 08:40 AM   #6
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz17
I tried 100 speed parity and thought the game played great.. No sliding or skiing all over the field.. HOWEVER one time I threw a pick and my guard chased down and tackled a safety at the 5 yard line.. Only thing I don't like about 100 speed parity..
I have not noticed that. What's weird is that I could not chase a running back with my free safety. He got the edge and it was over after that.

That is why tackling at the right time is so important with theses sliders.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:42 AM   #7
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzayla
I'm thinking I'll try speed parity at about 92 so I can see a little more separation from fast and slow players. At that it should still keep sliding very minimal.
You can try that , let me know. In my testing I don't really see a difference in separation until 75-80. But then the rest of the games animations take a hit as well.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:51 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz17
was it realistic ? did the guard chase him down from behind, or did he take a good angle to make the tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »