Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

New Update : 08/15/2016

WHY DEFAULT GAMEPLAY SLIDERS?
Honestly, the game plays terrific on default AP with just a couple of warts (tackling and lineplay being too sticky). The penalty slider and autosub adjustments have made these non-issues and have greatly enhanced the gameplay and challenge.

WHY THE FOCUS ON AUTOSUBS?
Long story short, the higher the autosub setting, the more "aggressive" the players at the position play. Now, this "aggression" manifests itself in different ways. Here are some examples:

QB: They force more throws into coverage and attack downfield a bit more with higher settings. At low settings, QBs do a better job of hitting their number 1 targets - but it comes at a cost, very high accuracy. A low QB autosub also makes the user passing game extremely easy.
RB: This one is interesting. At high autosub settings (even ON 78/90, RBs move straight ahead and don't really show a lot of elusiveness. This is great when playing guys like Blount or Hyde, not so good against Charles or McCoy.
WR: The higher, the more aggressive (and effective) WRs are in making spectacular catches. Drop it down, and they drop more passes.
TE/FB: Not really studied, but I think it is similar to HB/WR depending on whether they are running/catching.
OL: The higher it is, the more they really try to get to the defender for the block (and they sometimes miss in the open field) - i.e., more drive blocking. I think lower settings make them a bit more passive and they rely more on holding (leading to more 'sticky' lineplay. All things be equal, the CPU has a better run game with the O-line subs up to default 60/80.
DL: The higher it is, the more aggressive in attacking the o-line.
LB: This is the one I am struggling with. I think that this affects pursuit angles. At 60/80, I saw some pretty extreme tackling angles (to the point where THEY were engaging the blockers instead of the other way around). For those of you familiar with previous years' penalty sliders, it works similarly to the KRI slider.
DB: At 60/80, they go after the ball relentlessly. With the default INT slider, this leads to some pretty nasty INT numbers (and warping). At lower settings, they play more balanced - sometimes playing the receivers, sometimes playing the ball.

WHY IS BALLHAWK TURNED "ON"?
First of all, props to KingV2k3 for this suggestion. This setting really changes the types of animations seen and for the better. I'm still honing-in on the best DPI setting (currently liking 50 MM/49CFM - but it shows signs of being a tad too loose). I have seen the following effects:
  • Fewer "warp-assisted" INTs
  • More violent pass break-ups
  • Far less suction tackling and more broken tackles (but in a realistic manner)
ARE THERE HOUSE RULES?
Just one - if it doesn't happen on Sunday, don't do it.

CAN I PLAY WITH THESE ON COACH MODE?
I don't play on coach mode, but frankly, I think that these will work great!

How to set this up:

1. Go to main menu and settings. Set your autosubs. Set your settings exactly as stated.
2. Go to penalties, set the penalties as stated for MM (Main Menu).
3. Make sure both CPU and User gameplay settings are all set to default (unless otherwise stated).
4. Create a new CFM. Steps 5-6 are done in the CFM.
5. Set autosubs manually in CFM. Make sure you hit the options button (PS4) to save them....do not exit out with circle button (PS4) or they won't save.
6. Go to slider menu and import them with triangle button (PS4). Manually change all of the penalty sliders to the settings listed as CFM.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (41.2 KB, 1207 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-16-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Haven't messed w/sliders yet because the game plays better then it has in the past....but are these x1 ps4 sliders does it matter also can you get #s like 56 I thought it was only 5-10 increments
Old 09-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Hey Josh!

Have you tried leaving things at default, but setting up the difficulties to AM / AP / AP yet?

I'm also planning on sticking as close to AP default as possible, but had a gut feeling that the lack of "bite" you're seeing would still be in play...

Ergo, the "level workaround" suggestion...

Thanks...been looking forward to your take on "this year's model"..

Old 09-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Hey Josh!

Have you tried leaving things at default, but setting up the difficulties to AM / AP / AP yet?

I'm also planning on sticking as close to AP default as possible, but had a gut feeling that the lack of "bite" you're seeing would still be in play...

Ergo, the "level workaround" suggestion...

Thanks...been looking forward to your take on "this year's model"..

I have tried AP/AP/AP and AM/AP/AP and see no major difference this year....I also compared AM/AM/AM and AP/AM/AM and did not see the crazy warping on AM/AM/AM like we did last year.

For what it is worth, my profile is currently on the AM/AP/AP model....but I don't see any major difference.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:27 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknorris1
Haven't messed w/sliders yet because the game plays better then it has in the past....but are these x1 ps4 sliders does it matter also can you get #s like 56 I thought it was only 5-10 increments
Yes, you can adjust sliders by 1s and no, system does not matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Josh, I'm using these and twiddling my thumbs until the patch arrives.

I'm using A & S's penalty sliders and that bug for encroachment can't be fixed sooner.

Anyway, great game last night with Cutler vs Rodgers.

Rodgers 58% passing and Clausen(Quitler injured in 1st quarter) 50% passing. Even with CPU QB at 60 Cluasen had under throws and over throws.

Close game in the first half 16 to 16.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:31 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Josh, I'm using these and twiddling my thumbs until the patch arrives.

I'm using A & S's penalty sliders and that bug for encroachment can't be fixed sooner.

Anyway, great game last night with Cutler vs Rodgers.

Rodgers 58% passing and Clausen(Quitler injured in 1st quarter) 50% passing. Even with CPU QB at 60 Cluasen had under throws and over throws.

Close game in the first half 16 to 16.
Good stuff...yeah, I have been getting solid games too - and I have actually gotten my butt handed to me a few times. The CPU line play may be a tad overpowered, However, I'm foregoing any adjustments until after the patch drops.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

@JoshC1977

What is your fatigue and injury settings at the moment?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »