Home

QB Traits for Sim Stats (Sacks): Oblivious, Trigger Happy, and Paranoid.

This is a discussion on QB Traits for Sim Stats (Sacks): Oblivious, Trigger Happy, and Paranoid. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #9
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: QB Traits for Sim Stats (Sacks): Oblivious, Trigger Happy, and Paranoid.

Paranoid definitely encourages scrambler designated QBs to take off.

Tyrod would react to pressure immediately but he would take off and torch me for 15 yards.

This was probably my favorite of the in-game effects via QB traits.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hopefully this tidbit contributes and helps. I recently played BAL where Flaco is set to strong arm. I was able to sack him 12 times as he frequently stood in there against the blitz looking for open receivers deep. When he had time, most throws were 10+ yards. On several occasions he had receivers available in the flats for shorter passes, but never checked down. I might try replaying the game with Flaco set to a different scheme. I didn't change his traits. Also, he did try a rollout a few times and actually did complete a deep pass on one such of occasion.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I can for sure tell you, at least for sacks, that Oblivious gives many, Normal gives a normal range, and Ideal gives almost none. The other two not sure. I did a sim to test those three and the results were pretty extreme.
thank you. if we set the nfl qb's properly:

few ideal - good amount normal - and the badder qb's set to oblivious, we will get very accurate sim stats ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Hopefully this tidbit contributes and helps. I recently played BAL where Flaco is set to strong arm. I was able to sack him 12 times as he frequently stood in there against the blitz looking for open receivers deep. When he had time, most throws were 10+ yards. On several occasions he had receivers available in the flats for shorter passes, but never checked down. I might try replaying the game with Flaco set to a different scheme. I didn't change his traits. Also, he did try a rollout a few times and actually did complete a deep pass on one such of occasion.
thanks. I just play offense and sim all defense, so my concerns with sacks regards the sim engine.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:02 PM   #13
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Elton John
thank you. if we set the nfl qb's properly:

few ideal - good amount normal - and the badder qb's set to oblivious, we will get very accurate sim stats ?
This is correct. There is a bug that has most drafted QBs come in with Ideal as the sense pressure trait. After 8 or so years in close to 100% of starting QBs have the Ideal trait and you'd be lucky to have anyone over 12 sacks and maybe only 4 over double digit. When I changed everyone to oblivious (just a test don't actually make everyone oblivious) the sack leader had 23 and there were plenty in double digits. So having a good mix is the ideal setting (no pun intended lol).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2021, 11:37 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Paranoid- player reacts immediately to pressure by moving around
Oblivious- player is a statue (like Bledsoe, Mallet)
Trigger happy- players throws the ball as soon as there is pressure
Ideal- player will move when necessary, and throw when necessary. More of the full package, ideal usually makes the right moves
I wish I would have seen this years ago. I’ve understood paranoid and trigger happy but was always thrown off with what exactly ideal and oblivious entailed. Especially since there would often be upper level QBs with the oblivious trait. So I never knew whether it meant they were oblivious in the sense they’d take the sack, or in the sense that the pressure would not effect their throws. This should def help with some sim settings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »