Home

Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

This is a discussion on Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

So as most of you know pass blocking for year in madden has been over powered and even when you lower the slider it still doesn't fix the problem entirely.

Well a few years ago i discovered that there were some ratings that allowed a great deal of seperation between run blockers and pass blockers in both madden and ncaa football.

Pass block strength
Pass block footwork

Ea stated that these ratings have been removed from madden no longer have an effect on gameplay.

Well these ratings actually do still exist and i believe they are the biggest culprit when it comes to pass blocking in madden.

You see a few years ago i posted videos of gameplay for madden and ncaa show casing the effects of these ratings when they are edited properly

Reduced these ratings down and you start to see a more organic pass rush on the field. You will see less patty cake blocking and more movement up front where a stronger DL can drive a blocker backwards....a finesse DL with high agility and spin move ratings could beat a OL from time with pure quickness

I showed videos of pockets collapsing based on ratings with default slider setting at 50 didn't have to be changed at all.

Well under player skills which is seperate from ratings EA has those ratings for OL locked so even if you edit their pass block rating and strength it doesn't change a thing regarding their footwork and actual pass block strength

What this means is that you can give a OL 50 strength and he'll still hold up vs a 99 strength DL

Now if we were able to lower that same OL pass block strength rating which is seperate from his actual game strength rating you'd see him get knocked on his *** or driven backwards a few times

For those who have followed me over the years in regards to my classic rosters they probably have witnessed this from time to time doing gameplay.

I'm going to be up front with you guys i think EA has a ratings system in place that they focus too much on organizing players based on their overall rating. I don't think they actually study how these ratings play out on the field if someone like you or myself want to play vs the CPU only offline in CFM

I don't think they know to what extent the Ratings and Sliders work as a whole when you start changing sliders. There are a few guys here at OS that have tested ratings extensively over the years and provided detailed feedback as to how these ratings would alter gameplay if edited.

Obviously EA can't release a game where your OL is repeatedly getting beat or bull rushed right into your QB.......i don't think that would sit well with their main money makers the casual gammers.

But if they are going to restrict us from changing some ratings they should start to add more sliders into the game that actually allows us alter gameplay more in depth.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

This explains a lot. I've tried changing every game slider possible and every player slider that might have an effect on OL/DL interaction, all without success.

I believe that the key to getting this game to play great and lifelike is to get the war in the trenches to work right.

Even changing player sizes (very small OL & very large DL had no effect).

Until, as you propose, these hidden attributes are unlocked, Madden will never reach its full potential. Until then we must accept its limitations and worry less about reality and focus on finding a way to get the most out of what it is.

I had forgotten about this part and remember those attributes. Now it all makes sense. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
So as most of you know pass blocking for year in madden has been over powered and even when you lower the slider it still doesn't fix the problem entirely.

Well a few years ago i discovered that there were some ratings that allowed a great deal of seperation between run blockers and pass blockers in both madden and ncaa football.

Pass block strength
Pass block footwork

Ea stated that these ratings have been removed from madden no longer have an effect on gameplay.

Well these ratings actually do still exist and i believe they are the biggest culprit when it comes to pass blocking in madden.

You see a few years ago i posted videos of gameplay for madden and ncaa show casing the effects of these ratings when they are edited properly

Reduced these ratings down and you start to see a more organic pass rush on the field. You will see less patty cake blocking and more movement up front where a stronger DL can drive a blocker backwards....a finesse DL with high agility and spin move ratings could beat a OL from time with pure quickness

I showed videos of pockets collapsing based on ratings with default slider setting at 50 didn't have to be changed at all.

Well under player skills which is seperate from ratings EA has those ratings for OL locked so even if you edit their pass block rating and strength it doesn't change a thing regarding their footwork and actual pass block strength

What this means is that you can give a OL 50 strength and he'll still hold up vs a 99 strength DL

Now if we were able to lower that same OL pass block strength rating which is seperate from his actual game strength rating you'd see him get knocked on his *** or driven backwards a few times

For those who have followed me over the years in regards to my classic rosters they probably have witnessed this from time to time doing gameplay.

I'm going to be up front with you guys i think EA has a ratings system in place that they focus too much on organizing players based on their overall rating. I don't think they actually study how these ratings play out on the field if someone like you or myself want to play vs the CPU only offline in CFM

I don't think they know to what extent the Ratings and Sliders work as a whole when you start changing sliders. There are a few guys here at OS that have tested ratings extensively over the years and provided detailed feedback as to how these ratings would alter gameplay if edited.

Obviously EA can't release a game where your OL is repeatedly getting beat or bull rushed right into your QB.......i don't think that would sit well with their main money makers the casual gammers.

But if they are going to restrict us from changing some ratings they should start to add more sliders into the game that actually allows us alter gameplay more in depth.
so, you are saying that we cannot do any thing about this ?

why did they lock those ratings ?
Old 10-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Yep even if you edit the offensive lineman to be 5'9 170 and lower his strength rating to 0 it won't make him less of a blocker because of the actual skill ratings kicking in while playing the game.

I'm not sure why EA would do this especially since we can't change those skill ratings.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Madden 12 had the most sliders.

I wish easports did a global edit.

this year nba 2k17 has "somewhat" of a global edit. meaning you can reach every player more easily instead of having to go INTO their profile. scroll a player pick a attribute and change it. much simpler and gives lie to nba 2k17 for sure now

for years ive wanted global editing like you and one game that needs it is fifa since fifa ratings are doen by a handfull of ppl that do not talk to each other.

madden would benefit from a global edit function
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #6
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

They don't understand how their own game settings work. They don't even know about every setting that effects their gameplay. Every time a patch or tuner comes out it majorly screws up any other setting but default. There's been so much turnover and new code on top of old code that I don't think it's possible for them give us multiple sliders that would be useful. One setting affects multiple other facets and they can't account for that because they don't understand it. So every cycle for the foreseeable future is going to go like this:

Game comes out, have to figure out a new slider set from previous year because sliders effect game differently this year.

Because there's fundamental flaws in the game you don't get the sliders perfect but are much closer. Bam! Patch comes out, effects more than it says it does and again changes the way the sliders effect gameplay.

Keep messing with them until about 2 or 3 months before next release and resign yourself to the fact that the games not perfect and lacks accessibility. You say maybe next year they'll get it.

Game comes out the following year, the new features are nice until you realize the sliders don't effect gameplay the way they did the previous year. The game also has some new issues......

Repeat the process.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yep even if you edit the offensive lineman to be 5'9 170 and lower his strength rating to 0 it won't make him less of a blocker because of the actual skill ratings kicking in while playing the game.

I'm not sure why EA would do this especially since we can't change those skill ratings.
what about editing the Type of OL they are in CFM when you click to "edit player" ? Does this make a positive impact on the OL vs DL ?
Old 10-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
They don't understand how their own game settings work. They don't even know about every setting that effects their gameplay. Every time a patch or tuner comes out it majorly screws up any other setting but default. There's been so much turnover and new code on top of old code that I don't think it's possible for them give us multiple sliders that would be useful. One setting affects multiple other facets and they can't account for that because they don't understand it. So every cycle for the foreseeable future is going to go like this:

Game comes out, have to figure out a new slider set from previous year because sliders effect game differently this year.

Because there's fundamental flaws in the game you don't get the sliders perfect but are much closer. Bam! Patch comes out, effects more than it says it does and again changes the way the sliders effect gameplay.

Keep messing with them until about 2 or 3 months before next release and resign yourself to the fact that the games not perfect and lacks accessibility. You say maybe next year they'll get it.

Game comes out the following year, the new features are nice until you realize the sliders don't effect gameplay the way they did the previous year. The game also has some new issues......

Repeat the process.
I like this game, but EA's short comings on understanding their own settings is evident by one simple thing imo, which is, slider guru's will still be tweaking sliders and settings 6 to 8 months from now. I see it every year, and to the extreme that sliders are still being tweaked on the previous Madden even when the next Madden is coming out. I just don't get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »