Home

Is there any way to get LB's to react properly to run plays - And pursuit angles ?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to get LB's to react properly to run plays - And pursuit angles ? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is there any way to get LB's to react properly to run plays - And pursuit angles ?

Hello,

I see LB's, even on AM, stand still in one spot and just wait for the OL to run five yards and engage the LB, instead of the LB attacking the football as they should. Can this be fixed any ways ?

Also - how about pursuit angles ? Are these able to be fixed also ?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #2
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Re: Is there any way to get LB's to react properly to run plays - And pursuit angles

Supposedly the Tackle slider affects a lot of things related to pursuit/angles/reaction/etc, it's not just a % chance to make or miss a tackle on the engagement itself.

But I'd be careful about jimmying with it, like a lot of sliders, you can go down rabbit holes as it affects a LOT of other things. Possible example: also may affect how guys get off blocks. So then perhaps your run game is out of whack. OK, raise run blocking. But this can create some goofy suction-blocking animations (I see it some even in our league's setting of 56). And so on.

Just things to be thinking about.

And finally, RE: slideritis, you have to be self-aware of when you're trying to control for a degree (which sliders can do) and when you're trying to fix a mechanic (which sliders cannot do). It's not always obvious, but when you reach the conclusion that it's just the mechanic of the game, then you have to be okay with "good enough." Sliders can only do so much.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-15-2016, 02:58 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Is there any way to get LB's to react properly to run plays - And pursuit angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Supposedly the Tackle slider affects a lot of things related to pursuit/angles/reaction/etc, it's not just a % chance to make or miss a tackle on the engagement itself.

But I'd be careful about jimmying with it, like a lot of sliders, you can go down rabbit holes as it affects a LOT of other things. Possible example: also may affect how guys get off blocks. So then perhaps your run game is out of whack. OK, raise run blocking. But this can create some goofy suction-blocking animations (I see it some even in our league's setting of 56). And so on.

And finally, RE: slideritis, you have to be self-aware of when you're trying to control for a degree (which sliders can do) and when you're trying to fix a mechanic (which sliders cannot do). It's not always obvious, but when you reach the conclusion that it's just the mechanic of the game, then you have to be okay with "good enough." Sliders can only do so much.
thank you. what do you suggest we can do ?

I am playing on AM with run blk. at 20 and cpu tackle at 45.

what sliders do u suggest ?

can I raise tackle slider a lot and still break tackles ?

thank you for you help.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis

UPDATE: I am testing the run blocking at 100 for human and cpu tackling b/t 65-70. I am also using slow speed and facemask at 5. I have seen some good stuff so far. No cheese.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »