Your thoughts on general vs team play books ? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Your thoughts on general vs team play books ?

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on general vs team play books ? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Your thoughts on general vs team play books ?

I'd like to get a collection of everyone's thoughts and observations regarding the playbook choices for CPU on both sides of the ball.
I think the general offensive books for CPU provide a bit more variety but seem to lack aggression. Specifically, downfield deep shots. This, however, may vary on the book type or QB traits (which I don't want to mess with). I have not tried all the books, so this is one of the reasons for this thread.

In general, I think the variety is better with the general offensive book and it tends to keep you guessing a bit more on the play call. The knocks so far are the deep shots and some formations (eg repeated wildcat) that are ill suited for the CPU personnel.

On the defensive side, the general books seem to be better managed with much more variety than the team books. I do think the team books are much more geared toward the blitz than the generals, but again, player traits may influence this to some degree.

The big knock on the team defensive books is the prevalence of the cover one press. This shouldn't be a big deal, normally, but it's way too easy for just about any WR in Madden to beat the press and go for a TD. This is enough to steer me away from using these books, even though I do appreciate contending with the blitz schemes.

I am leaning toward going with the team offensive and general defensive CPU books for my CFM. How about you?

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »