Home

There is no way to get DT'S to push OL properly

This is a discussion on There is no way to get DT'S to push OL properly within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
There is no way to get DT'S to push OL properly

This makes me sick and to not even play this game anymore.

no matter the edits - no matter the trait changes - no matter the strength rating - it is PATTY-CAKE BETWEEN OL AND DT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

am i wrong ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Re: THERE IS NO WAY TO GET DT'S TO PUSH OL PROPERLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Elton John
This makes me sick and to not even play this game anymore.

no matter the edits - no matter the trait changes - no matter the strength rating - it is PATTY-CAKE BETWEEN OL AND DT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

am i wrong ?
Apparently lowering holding helps. Have you tried that? I'm gonna test that next time I play.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 11:18 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Apparently lowering holding helps. Have you tried that? I'm gonna test that next time I play.

how much ?

personally, I am done with this game. If there is any way to sell or transfer an electronic copy of this pathetic game - please let me know.

thanks
Old 09-21-2016, 12:30 AM   #4
MVP

Angry Re: THERE IS NO WAY TO GET DT'S TO PUSH OL PROPERLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not the only one. I've played this game nonstop for the last couple of days and there is just a ridiculously long list of issues that I hope the fanboys aren't too blind to see. This game is flawed in so many ways on both sides of the ball to the point that it's hard for anything good to happen. And when it does, it happened so unnaturally that really you didn't even do anything. The OL-DL interaction is something that people have wanted improved on for years and it is as bad as I can remember it ever being (largely in part bc EA got rid of the rip/swim mechanics for reasons we may never know). LB's literally just sit there and let blockers make contact with them and when they do, they are stuck to them like glue (oh except the CPU controlled defense which actually plays pretty well). I've seen plays where 3-4 DB's run to the same receiver for unknown reasons. AI QB's either complete passes, stand there and take a sack, or throw it away and it looks completely stupid (Played a game of Madden 2004 for kicks the other day. McNabb stepped up in the pocket, then scrambled to his right, I switched off to the DB to pursue and he flipped it right over my head. Beautiful.) These "All New Running Back Moves" that fans went berserk over for a couple of weeks are so slow and sluggish and are completely unrealistic. This list could go on and on...

But fans have bent over and accepted EA's "Take it or have nothing" mentality and for some reason look at this game like it's worth something special. Have seriously seen people on here saying "just play it and don't watch the replays bc you'll see everything that is wrong." Like what the hell is that? Why are we buying into this garbage? This was the first Madden I've bought since 2011 and I could not have been more disappointed. I'll keep preaching that if everyone takes one year off from buying Madden, we won't have these issues anymore.

My comment turned into a rant. Sorry for the blow up.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just quickly; I haven't played the game a ton this year, nor have I experimented with sliders/settings as I have in previous years (no doubt I will eventually), but have you tried increasing the offside penalty and lowering both the holding and false start penalty? Contrary to popular belief, I'm of the opinion that the penalty sliders DO impact gameplay and animations. Upping offside could increase the effectiveness of the DL, making them more aggressive and causing them to burst off the LOS. Meanwhile, dropping both holding and false start could decrease the effectiveness of the OL, seeing less suction blocking and sticky line play, and having them not fire off the LOS to manhandle the opposing DL.

Like I said, I haven't experimented yet myself, but keeping everything the same as you have it now, maybe try upping offside to 75 and dropping both holding and false start to 25. That may give the DL and pass rush an advantage.

See if that one tweak does anything at all. Of course, it would likely stifle the running game some, but it could also help with what you're noticing right now. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by TheWood56; 09-21-2016 at 04:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 07:04 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: There is no way to get DT'S to push OL properly

I have stopped playing until the big patch drops...then will re-evaluate.

C
Old 09-21-2016, 08:50 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Just quickly; I haven't played the game a ton this year, nor have I experimented with sliders/settings as I have in previous years (no doubt I will eventually), but have you tried increasing the offside penalty and lowering both the holding and false start penalty? Contrary to popular belief, I'm of the opinion that the penalty sliders DO impact gameplay and animations. Upping offside could increase the effectiveness of the DL, making them more aggressive and causing them to burst off the LOS. Meanwhile, dropping both holding and false start could decrease the effectiveness of the OL, seeing less suction blocking and sticky line play, and having them not fire off the LOS to manhandle the opposing DL.

Like I said, I haven't experimented yet myself, but keeping everything the same as you have it now, maybe try upping offside to 75 and dropping both holding and false start to 25. That may give the DL and pass rush an advantage.

See if that one tweak does anything at all. Of course, it would likely stifle the running game some, but it could also help with what you're noticing right now. Just a suggestion.
The problem lies within two things: the human and human AI's inability to effectively get off of a block, which I contribute a large part of this to the removal of the rip/swim mechanics that were once a part of the game. And the LB's lack of pursuit on the ball. Neither of these are slider fixes.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:14 AM   #8
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
You're not the only one. I've played this game nonstop for the last couple of days and there is just a ridiculously long list of issues that I hope the fanboys aren't too blind to see. This game is flawed in so many ways on both sides of the ball to the point that it's hard for anything good to happen. And when it does, it happened so unnaturally that really you didn't even do anything. The OL-DL interaction is something that people have wanted improved on for years and it is as bad as I can remember it ever being (largely in part bc EA got rid of the rip/swim mechanics for reasons we may never know). LB's literally just sit there and let blockers make contact with them and when they do, they are stuck to them like glue (oh except the CPU controlled defense which actually plays pretty well). I've seen plays where 3-4 DB's run to the same receiver for unknown reasons. AI QB's either complete passes, stand there and take a sack, or throw it away and it looks completely stupid (Played a game of Madden 2004 for kicks the other day. McNabb stepped up in the pocket, then scrambled to his right, I switched off to the DB to pursue and he flipped it right over my head. Beautiful.) These "All New Running Back Moves" that fans went berserk over for a couple of weeks are so slow and sluggish and are completely unrealistic. This list could go on and on...

But fans have bent over and accepted EA's "Take it or have nothing" mentality and for some reason look at this game like it's worth something special. Have seriously seen people on here saying "just play it and don't watch the replays bc you'll see everything that is wrong." Like what the hell is that? Why are we buying into this garbage? This was the first Madden I've bought since 2011 and I could not have been more disappointed. I'll keep preaching that if everyone takes one year off from buying Madden, we won't have these issues anymore.

My comment turned into a rant. Sorry for the blow up.
Yeah something went wrong with QB scrambling when we moved to next gen. I do think this is still a great game tho, Madden 04 cannot remotely compare. I think the move to Frostbite will really help with the legacy issues, they'll be able to rewrite code.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »