Home

Pass block and QB accuracy setvat ZERO and see no difference!

This is a discussion on Pass block and QB accuracy setvat ZERO and see no difference! within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Pass block and QB accuracy setvat ZERO and see no difference!

Unless a backup qb is in I see 65-75% completion percentages. And pass blocking is still way too good. Qbs can hold the ball forever even with blitzes! Which in turn I know, raises completion percentage. Because we all know any qb in the nfl can light you up if you give him 5sec plus to find an open receiver!!

I'm playing in All Pro btw...everything except thee settings are great.

This game has always be very bad at LOS play. The game in the trenches never means anything in Madden. I could put my kicker and punter at starting LT and Center and I bet it wouldn't matter. Any ideas though??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pass block and QB accuracy setvat ZERO and see no difference!

These issues have been pretty much discussed here on OS in other threads. Essentially there is nothing that can be done to fix the OL issue. The problem is that there are hidden OL attributes that were part of the game years ago. EA claimed to have done away with them, but this is not the case. Until EA either unlocks those hidden attributes or in fact removes them, we are at an impasse for pass blocking.

If you have the disc version you can reinstall the game without any updates or patches. This will allow you to edit your QB's ratings making it harder to complete passes. As for the CPU controlled QB, playing on ROOKIE causes CPU controlled QBs to play to their ratings.

If I may, you might want to check out some of the other slider threads as these topics and more are being addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
These issues have been pretty much discussed here on OS in other threads. Essentially there is nothing that can be done to fix the OL issue. The problem is that there are hidden OL attributes that were part of the game years ago. EA claimed to have done away with them, but this is not the case. Until EA either unlocks those hidden attributes or in fact removes them, we are at an impasse for pass blocking.

If you have the disc version you can reinstall the game without any updates or patches. This will allow you to edit your QB's ratings making it harder to complete passes. As for the CPU controlled QB, playing on ROOKIE causes CPU controlled QBs to play to their ratings.

If I may, you might want to check out some of the other slider threads as these topics and more are being addressed.

I know about the theory with the 'hidden' attributes but if this is true wouldn't that mean kickers and punters should be bad compared to the o-liners?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

You would think, but there may very well be something else going on within the code. What it all boils down to is at this time there doesn't appear to be a solution to the issue with the OL. We either have to hope for a patch (I'm not hopeful) or a fix with M18.

Right now all you can do is "fix" the issue with HUM QB ACC if you have the disc version.

The Issue with the OL for the most part is primarily with the interior interaction. Good DEs can get decent pressure against average Ts. If you bring a well timed blitz (usually a safety blitz up the middle) you can get good pressure as the DTs will tie up the interior OL. Play as DT2 and both the LG and C will engage you. This will create a lane for a blitzer to get to the QB.

Old 11-03-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Thumbs down Re: Pass block and QB accuracy setvat ZERO and see no difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackebarsch10
I know about the theory with the 'hidden' attributes but if this is true wouldn't that mean kickers and punters should be bad compared to the o-liners?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
I'm guessing there's some kind of code that doesn't really effect k, qb, wr or rb being switched to OL

In past maddens you could put those same position players on the OL and they would block effective

But if you were editing strictly offensive lineman only the game actually acknowledged those ratings edits and it reflected on the field.....

Give a Center 60 or below pass bock strength and you could see him be pushed back by a powerful Dt......

We don't have the option to make these types of edits now so everyone on the OL IS basically a duplicate replicate of each other......

Cowboys OL behaves just like the Panthers OL no real seperation amongst players....

The only rating that seems to provide minimum help is the OL agility rating being lowered but that just effects their recovery time if a defender initially gets past them it has no bearing on actual strength of Players or size of the players.

This is where those hidden locked ratings come into play

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't bought Madden since Nadden 12 specifically because of this problem with the OL and DL interaction. I was hoping 4 years later there would be at least improvement but apparently not.

I'm not thrashing the game, it is by far the best Madden I have ever played!! But this one issue controls and causes so many other small detail problems. If they could EVER fix this huge problem this game could be epic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »