TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set

This is a discussion on TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-11-2016, 01:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set

Tomba,

Do your sliders also focus on cleaning up some of the wonky animations and motion shifting.

I remember, I believe it was your Madden 13 or 25 sliders which alleviated some of the less realistic movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
Any good game stat with this I haven't tried it yet but will

One the amazing things i saw that happened with this slider set after playing with it was stats.

I did this set completely by trail and error and math/guesswork I figured out a toype of logic system within ratings and plus and minus those with the slider set.

basically what happens is that the cpu plays to its ratings strengths and you yourself can play to your strengths with ratings and reg player skill.

Simming games i got nothing but realistic nfl game scores.

No game above 40. and games that were close but realistic for the teams chosen.

it looks WONKY i get it but it plays smooth and works extremely well.
https://soundcloud.com/pajorhill
Twitter
https://twitter.com/PajorHill
Old 10-12-2016, 08:25 AM   #11
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Tomba,

Do your sliders also focus on cleaning up some of the wonky animations and motion shifting.

I remember, I believe it was your Madden 13 or 25 sliders which alleviated some of the less realistic movement.

Ah yes. One of things that get worked out by making sure the sliders work well off the ratings IS smoother player movement.

The game plays very good now.

tackling etc doesnt feel taped on .

Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is... interesting.

I'm surprised that even on Pro level, you have some of the USER sliders higher than the CPU ones. Doesn't Pro already favor the USER, like how All-Madden favors the CPU? Or is it somehow not super easy due to "even teams" being set to "ON", which is actually the games default setting funnily enough.

Just on "even teams", do you not see blow outs then? Every week in the NFL there's blow outs. I want there to be blow outs, as I want teams and players to play to their ratings. I don't want Patriots to feel "even" with Browns for example. I don't want Kessler playing "even" to Brady. Not sure if that's how that works, I just know it says it increases the lower rated team to match the higher one, hence evening things or something to that affect.

Really interested in hearing the feedback on this set and seeing what you come up with penalty wise, and also auto-sub values.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:26 AM   #13
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
This is... interesting.

I'm surprised that even on Pro level, you have some of the USER sliders higher than the CPU ones. Doesn't Pro already favor the USER, like how All-Madden favors the CPU? Or is it somehow not super easy due to "even teams" being set to "ON", which is actually the games default setting funnily enough.

Just on "even teams", do you not see blow outs then? Every week in the NFL there's blow outs. I want there to be blow outs, as I want teams and players to play to their ratings. I don't want Patriots to feel "even" with Browns for example. I don't want Kessler playing "even" to Brady. Not sure if that's how that works, I just know it says it increases the lower rated team to match the higher one, hence evening things or something to that affect.

Really interested in hearing the feedback on this set and seeing what you come up with penalty wise, and also auto-sub values.
All good questions and concerns.

Even teams "helps" the CPU be better on Pro level.

Even teams also means "blowouts" or just the fact that a better team scores ona much worse team.

Event though they are higher the player AI is actually dumbed down once the user takes control ive noticed.

The boosts applied are based of the ratings system and how those boosts help the ratings system.

Now one of things to note is that even teams means it makes both teams stats/attributes fairly similar.

so this slider set then OFFSETS that.

Weird i know but to me it plays rather well now
Twitter
Old 10-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3

Love your work Tomba, but even teams is not something I'm ever willing to do. It equalizes all ratings, which may lead to some smoother gameplay, but takes all resemblance of NFL realism out of the game.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:03 AM   #15
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Love your work Tomba, but even teams is not something I'm ever willing to do. It equalizes all ratings, which may lead to some smoother gameplay, but takes all resemblance of NFL realism out of the game.
I agree if Madden was a perfectly accurate game.

I feel WITH even teams and with the slider settings i kinda just figured out based off a left brain theory kinda work to make some great realistic scores and gameplay.

Yeah Even Teams is def a Online or co op type of thing but it works for me getting a more authentic NFL experience out of Madden 17

Im noticing that ALL EA games REALLY benefit from my number inputs like this. i tried it with Fifa 17 and it worked...tried it with NHL 17 and it worked (slider set coming out soon for NHL as well ) so there something DEF working in regards to pairing certain numbers they way i have them...
Twitter
Old 10-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #16
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0
TOMBA Madden 17 Slider Set

Tomba this a dumb question where do I change to even teams. It's that same thing as instant starter thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »