Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

This is a discussion on Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #9
Banned
 
Playmakers's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,871
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
They don't understand how their own game settings work. They don't even know about every setting that effects their gameplay. Every time a patch or tuner comes out it majorly screws up any other setting but default. There's been so much turnover and new code on top of old code that I don't think it's possible for them give us multiple sliders that would be useful. One setting affects multiple other facets and they can't account for that because they don't understand it. So every cycle for the foreseeable future is going to go like this:

Game comes out, have to figure out a new slider set from previous year because sliders effect game differently this year.

Because there's fundamental flaws in the game you don't get the sliders perfect but are much closer. Bam! Patch comes out, effects more than it says it does and again changes the way the sliders effect gameplay.

Keep messing with them until about 2 or 3 months before next release and resign yourself to the fact that the games not perfect and lacks accessibility. You say maybe next year they'll get it.

Game comes out the following year, the new features are nice until you realize the sliders don't effect gameplay the way they did the previous year. The game also has some new issues......

Repeat the process.
Playmakers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:40 PM   #10
Banned
 
Playmakers's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,871
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
what about editing the Type of OL they are in CFM when you click to "edit player" ? Does this make a positive impact on the OL vs DL ?
Nope because it still comes down to their Pass Block Strength and Pass Block Footwork

You can change the player to zone blocker or mauler but at the end of the day your still not effecting their actual pass block strength or footwork

Ideally you'd like to get as many players reduced down in strength so that you can see more interactions out of the defenders when they are engaged with a blocker.

As it stands now it's almost impossible to see a DL blow up a blocker or just over power him because of those ratings being locked

To put things into perspective Reggie White in his prime couldn't over power a backup Tackle in Madden because EA has the pass block strength ratings too high....

They don't use a 0-99 scale for OL they seem to use a 60-99 scale and that's why player seperation is almost non existent between the OL players.

Just about every team has the same OL style of play do to these skill ratings being locked....

If we could manually go in like TOMBA mentioned and globally edit these players you would then clearly see seperation on the field from team to team even with the default slider being left at 50.
Playmakers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #11
Pro
 
michapop9's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2008
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
I like this game, but EA's short comings on understanding their own settings is evident by one simple thing imo, which is, slider guru's will still be tweaking sliders and settings 6 to 8 months from now. I see it every year, and to the extreme that sliders are still being tweaked on the previous Madden even when the next Madden is coming out. I just don't get it.
Believe me bud, neither do they

michapop9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #12
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Nope because it still comes down to their Pass Block Strength and Pass Block Footwork

You can change the player to zone blocker or mauler but at the end of the day your still not effecting their actual pass block strength or footwork

Ideally you'd like to get as many players reduced down in strength so that you can see more interactions out of the defenders when they are engaged with a blocker.

As it stands now it's almost impossible to see a DL blow up a blocker or just over power him because of those ratings being locked

To put things into perspective Reggie White in his prime couldn't over power a backup Tackle in Madden because EA has the pass block strength ratings too high....

They don't use a 0-99 scale for OL they seem to use a 60-99 scale and that's why player seperation is almost non existent between the OL players.

Just about every team has the same OL style of play do to these skill ratings being locked....

If we could manually go in like TOMBA mentioned and globally edit these players you would then clearly see seperation on the field from team to team even with the default slider being left at 50.
when did they lock those ratings ?

what about creating offensive lineup via create a player and redoing the entire league - is that possible ? Heck, I am glad to try it out if it would help.
fsu32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #13
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Being that I've actually been in studio and have done these 'hours of testing' myself with dev-kit tools, I'd really like to see the results of the greater OS community's testing because my observations back up Ian's explanation.

I have seen no "hours of testing" that OS members have done for ratings... sliders, yes. Ratings, no. Please, show me this testing.

As for why some of the overlap ratings still exist; they're all still used in the sim engine, while the newer ratings have not been incorporated. I.E. while you'll use RBS, RBF, PBF, and PBS in game, when you simulate a game, it'll use RBK and PBK in all instances.
So I pulled out an old quote above...based on this and "adembroski" had hands on knowledge from old team..it appears they started the change to pass strength/footwork.****n block strength footwork. And the Simple ratings "RUN Block and Pass BLOCK" were for SIM games.. Now, I cant seem to find recent quote, but I do recall something along the lines of those ratings were flipped...it would appear that yes those rating are still in use in game..especially if code is written on top of each other. Which is a complete shame to the game and us as the players.
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #14
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
when did they lock those ratings ?

what about creating offensive lineup via create a player and redoing the entire league - is that possible ? Heck, I am glad to try it out if it would help.
Funny didnt think of that..cant remember if in "create a player" if those ratings are "open"
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:52 PM   #15
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Funny didnt think of that..cant remember if in "create a player" if those ratings are "open"
time to investigate. how many players can we create ?
maybe just create the average to bad guys and leave the dominant guys as they are.
fsu32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #16
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
time to investigate. how many players can we create ?

maybe just create the average to bad guys and leave the dominant guys as they are.


I'm at work..ill have to look when I get home..see if even available to create a player..at least worth a test


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Top -