Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

This is a discussion on Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-09-2016, 07:49 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

I was wondering why I didn't see those attributes in this game. I used to test this in madden 12.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:40 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Gentleman:

I would like to inquire - what exactly can we do with the current player ratings to make dominant OL more dominant, and average or less OL more less in there skills ?

Increase or decrease hit power and tackling ?

Pass Slider at Zero ?

thanks
Old 10-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

The short answer: nothing. Because of the hidden OL attributes Playmakers pointed out, we have no control over the OL. In its current set-up, you can put in the worst OL in history and they will still play like Hall of Famers in the middle. Until we get access to the hidden OL attributes (footwork/blocking strength) no slider adjustments will help.

Until EA fixes this, I've decided to put down Madden 17. While there are adjustments you can make to make the game challenging, it will not be realistic. Either you except this limitation (which I cannot) or you move on.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #28
Rookie

My frustration with this game has reached a pinnacle. I went back and did some online research on past versions. Looking into M15 I found an article by EA Sports (https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...player-ratings) where they define player attributes. The "funny" thing is they state "Pro Tip: Run Block Strength (RBS), Run Block Footwork (RBF), Pass Block Strength (PBS), and Pass Block Footwork (PBF) are no longer used."

If only that were true...
Old 10-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
My frustration with this game has reached a pinnacle. I went back and did some online research on past versions. Looking into M15 I found an article by EA Sports (https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...player-ratings) where they define player attributes. The "funny" thing is they state "Pro Tip: Run Block Strength (RBS), Run Block Footwork (RBF), Pass Block Strength (PBS), and Pass Block Footwork (PBF) are no longer used."

If only that were true...
thanks for ur observations. how do you know that it is not true ?

and I was also frustrated by M17, but, the game is fun enough for me to play.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:53 PM   #30
Rookie

Myself and others have tried just about everything possible, all with no improvement.

Size doesn't matter: you can edit the OL so they are 5'7"/150lbs. They still stop DTs that are 7'/400lbs.

Attributes don't matter: you can edit the OL so their PBK is 0 and they still stop DTs. You can give DTs max value for their attributes and they still cannot bull rush or move back interior OL.

About the only thing that worked was DEs with speed getting around Ts. Make whatever changes you can think of (which has been pretty much done) and unless you blitz (and even then) the QB will have a pocket frequently allowing him to stand in there for far too long.

I'm a firm believer that the heart of football is in the trenches and for us to have a "near" lifelike experience, the OL/DL interaction has to be far better.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:27 PM   #31
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

The only option i see..is lowering stamina of OL to cause them to get slow/weak faster..by default it will cause their ratings to lower as the play more..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 01:40 AM   #32
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm working on edited classic rosters and unfortunately fellas there's absolutely no way around this issue and trust me I've tried everything.....

I've moved dl to offensive lineman and I've reduced player size.......

The only other thing that seems to help a little is lower agility of OL so that if they do get beat with a lower agilty rating they can't magically warp back into the block

I also started working with the penalty trait making a few guys on each team have undisciplined trait hoping it will effect their production

But with the inability to alter those ratings again i will stress that every OL is basically being programmed to play the same.

It's still an excellent fun game....that i will continue to try and enjoy but it seems like EA has never truly taken the OL seriously in terms of difference in behavior

This is the only aspect of gameplay that you can't tweak to get player seperation.....

We can change the way QB, RB, WR perform on the field via ratings but OL is obsolete

The Cowboys OL should react way different from the Browns but you could swap units in madden and the only thing that changes is the overall rating but it has no impact on actual gameplay unlesd you sim the reults.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »