Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

This is a discussion on Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-10-2016, 10:52 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Couldn't agree with you more on this.

As for changing the penalty rating, I tried this. I didn't see a large difference in either how the OL played or on the number of penalties called. If anything, there may have been a few more FS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Myself and others have tried just about everything possible, all with no improvement.

Size doesn't matter: you can edit the OL so they are 5'7"/150lbs. They still stop DTs that are 7'/400lbs.

Attributes don't matter: you can edit the OL so their PBK is 0 and they still stop DTs. You can give DTs max value for their attributes and they still cannot bull rush or move back interior OL.

About the only thing that worked was DEs with speed getting around Ts. Make whatever changes you can think of (which has been pretty much done) and unless you blitz (and even then) the QB will have a pocket frequently allowing him to stand in there for far too long.

I'm a firm believer that the heart of football is in the trenches and for us to have a "near" lifelike experience, the OL/DL interaction has to be far better.

Total immersion killers, shame that isn't fixed as advertised. There used to be a youtuber that would sub in kicker and put him as a lineman, and he would have success blocking when he shouldn't at all. That can make you put the game down for good.

And this guy usex to do this in madden/ncaa 10 I believe. No matter what I do, I can't get madden 17 to play realistically.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #35
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Also think large problem with this is..if I remember correctly the OL and DL are tied together...until they are independent of each other and each position is independent of itself no matter what ratings we are given nothing will change

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Also think large problem with this is..if I remember correctly the OL and DL are tied together...until they are independent of each other and each position is independent of itself no matter what ratings we are given nothing will change

What do you mean by "tied together"?

Old 10-10-2016, 02:43 PM   #37
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
What do you mean by "tied together"?

Again if I remember correctly..One of the Dev's stated that OL and DL are "coded" together so they work together..that is why there is issues if u QB spy then rush that player..the OL "knows" the defensive player is "suppose" not rush..which would allow a free rusher..also believe that is why we don't have the ability to run "games" with DL..and no tiered play calling on D..OL is coded to know who is rushing and from where..I don't have the quote and if this isn't the case anymore someone plz correct

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #38
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Someone who is a game changer needs to point this out to EA.

How can release a Nfl game where ratings don't really matter between the OL vs DL

we spend months trying to figure out sliders and at the end of the this aspect of gameplay is basically irrelevant if your expecting a difference between Offensive lines.

That's like creating a NBA game where every big man plays like prime shaq and there is no shawn Bradley's in the middle
Old 10-10-2016, 04:31 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Total immersion killers, shame that isn't fixed as advertised. There used to be a youtuber that would sub in kicker and put him as a lineman, and he would have success blocking when he shouldn't at all. That can make you put the game down for good.

And this guy usex to do this in madden/ncaa 10 I believe. No matter what I do, I can't get madden 17 to play realistically.
Yep put your kicker and punter at the tackles and your smallest WR at center and you will see no appreciable difference. In fact putting the WR at center may actually be better on running plays because he can get downfield faster on certain plays and open up the second level.

Additionally kicking traits don't really matter as kicking is automatic now.

QB accuracy is through the roof.

As much as EA tries to tell us things have changed, everything gets patched out so all that matters is raw speed.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:32 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Someone who is a game changer needs to point this out to EA.

How can release a Nfl game where ratings don't really matter between the OL vs DL

we spend months trying to figure out sliders and at the end of the this aspect of gameplay is basically irrelevant if your expecting a difference between Offensive lines.

That's like creating a NBA game where every big man plays like prime shaq and there is no shawn Bradley's in the middle
If ratings mattered, they would patch it out and nerf it anyway. In the end you will end up with the same game no matter what.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »