Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

This is a discussion on Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #41
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

what about ZEROING out speed, agility, and acc. for OL ?

fsu32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #42
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
what about ZEROING out speed, agility, and acc. for OL ?


As far as I can tell with Speed and Acc..it really doesn't matter either..which includes DL..I have tested DL as I always like "speed rushers" off the edge..maxing out Acc and speed to be able to beat a Tackle to the edge does not work..each DL has the "same" first steps no matter the ratings same for OL..each OL more specifically offensive Tackles, have the same "kick slide"..speed doesn't factor into the equation till offensive player is in open field..even chasing down the QB is not fully controlled by Acc or speed but more pursuit rating..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:51 PM   #43
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Haven't tried it, but not sure it would help. Just theorizing, but since the OL are lined up directly in front of the DL, the problem remains. On the snap the DTs basically crash into the interior OL. About the only way I've seen a DT beat an interior OL is when they employ some type of finesse move (swim/spin). I even tried maxing these and taking away Bull Rush trait. If the DT initially goes for the finesse move, he has a small chance of success. If the OL get in front of the DT its basically a lock down block.

The only area where I've seen speed/acc/agi really work is on the outside with DE vs T. Speed can really make a difference (not so much any other attribute).

I really believe that we have hit a wall here and until those hidden ratings are unlocked we can't move forward. Watch any "real" football game. So much of what happens depends on what goes on in the trenches. Folks complain about QB ACC being too high. Sure you can adjust the sliders to force errant throws. Watch a game on Sunday. When QBs have time they're all pretty darn accurate (anyone see Rodgers pick apart NYG when they couldn't put pressure on hime?). What about Dalton's accuracy when he couldn't get time because DAL's D was able to get consistent pressure.

The same goes for the run game. It all comes down to the battle between OL/DL. The problem here is mostly with interior OL and DTs. Although the entire line play is off.

Hopefully EA will fix it, not likely as the online $ players won't want it, or by some miracle someone will come along and think of a fix we haven't thought of yet.

As for me, I'm moving on from Madden 17, but will continue to follow in the hope that a fix does come...
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:51 PM   #44
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Well I gave something a try in my CFM Offline. I control all 32 teams. I use Charter 4's sliders (2nd set), and I i use Rovert's Rosters. I played the Bengals Jets game. Before the game, I went and reduced every OLinemans Agility by 30 pts. The game ended with 4 total sacks, 16 QB Pressures, 7 QB Knockdowns, and 3 deflected passes by DLinemen. Thats a combined total of 30 plays out of 64 total pass plays. Im not sure if my reducing O Linemen Agility had anything to do with it, but im just reporting what I charted. I will play my next game with no altering of Agility attributes, and chart that.
Devildog Frank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Banks of the Red Cedar
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
As far as I can tell with Speed and Acc..it really doesn't matter either..which includes DL..I have tested DL as I always like "speed rushers" off the edge..maxing out Acc and speed to be able to beat a Tackle to the edge does not work..each DL has the "same" first steps no matter the ratings same for OL..each OL more specifically offensive Tackles, have the same "kick slide"..speed doesn't factor into the equation till offensive player is in open field..even chasing down the QB is not fully controlled by Acc or speed but more pursuit rating..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basically most teams seem the same to me. Are any of you seeing a dominant defensive lineman or are they all the same?

Sure doesn't seem like you have to do any game planning when facing someone like JJ Watt. Don't have to double team or roll away from him, etc. Just put your kicker in to block him and away you go.

What attributes besides straight line speed, catching, and break tackle to a little extent really matter on offense?

What matters on defense? Speed, coverage, and tackle to a small extent?

How was Tecmo able to capture this? You knew when you were up against Reggie White or if Barry Sanders had the ball.
__________________
Chalepa Ta Kala.....

Last edited by fistofrage; 10-10-2016 at 04:55 PM.
fistofrage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:56 PM   #46
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
Well I gave something a try in my CFM Offline. I control all 32 teams. I use Charter 4's sliders (2nd set), and I i use Rovert's Rosters. I played the Bengals Jets game. Before the game, I went and reduced every OLinemans Agility by 30 pts. The game ended with 4 total sacks, 16 QB Pressures, 7 QB Knockdowns, and 3 deflected passes by DLinemen. Thats a combined total of 30 plays out of 64 total pass plays. Im not sure if my reducing O Linemen Agility had anything to do with it, but im just reporting what I charted. I will play my next game with no altering of Agility attributes, and chart that.
Who produced the pressure, DEs or DTs? How much came about off the blitz? The key is to track who gets what pressure and off of a 4 man rush from a 4-3 DEF.
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #47
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Basically most teams seem the same to me. Are any of you seeing a dominant defensive lineman or are they all the same?

Sure doesn't seem like you have to do any game planning when facing someone like JJ Watt. Don't have to double team or roll away from him, etc. Just put your kicker in to block him and away you go.

What attributes besides straight line speed, catching, and break tackle to a little extent really matter on offense?

What matters on defense? Speed, coverage, and tackle to a small extent?

How was Tecmo able to capture this? You knew when you were up against Reggie White or if Barry Sanders had the ball.
In one of my test I created DTs with max size and attributes and put them up against interior OL with minimum size and attributes. The little guys still dominated. I've noticed some benefit to DEs with high speed and pass rush ability (mostly speed). When I go back a watch the replay of how a DL beat an OL, it is almost always because of a finesse move and from when a DL got off center the OL. Squared up, the OL (regardless of ratings) will stone the DL.
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #48
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Basically most teams seem the same to me. Are any of you seeing a dominant defensive lineman or are they all the same?

Sure doesn't seem like you have to do any game planning when facing someone like JJ Watt. Don't have to double team or roll away from him, etc. Just put your kicker in to block him and away you go.

What attributes besides straight line speed, catching, and break tackle to a little extent really matter on offense?

What matters on defense? Speed, coverage, and tackle to a small extent?

How was Tecmo able to capture this? You knew when you were up against Reggie White or if Barry Sanders had the ball.


As far as DL go..pursuit and power moves and finesse moves appear to be the only ones that have an sort of effect..Clint recently posted the below..but haven't had chance to test it..


EDIT: That tweet wasn't my question just something I just recently saw..so credit to whoever the young man who asked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Top -