Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

This is a discussion on Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

I just finished playing the first half of the Raiders Saints game, but have to save it. There was a combined total of 36 pass plays in the half. Out of the 36 pass plays, 17 of them involved pressure put on the QB's, by LB's, DE's, DT's, and CB's which led to Hurried passes, a few which were thrown OB, 1 INT, 2 QB Sacks, and 4 QB Knockdowns. Thats almost 50% of the pass plays that involved pressure from either a rush, blitz, or both. Yesterday I posted results from a game I played which also had sufficient pressure. So im trying to understand what other players are either seeing, or expecting to see in the way of pass rushing. I know someone will comnent on, and ask what Defensive play call did you use, and what was the offense using. To that I have no idea what to say except I play total sim style football. I mix my plays up on Offense, and Defense. This pressure came from both the team I controlled, and the CPU team. Im not sure if guys are looking for pressure on 70, 80 % of the pass plays or more. But I definitely dont want the defense in the QB's face 8 out of 10 pass plays. That would make playing Offense nearly impossible.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #66
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
I just finished playing the first half of the Raiders Saints game, but have to save it. There was a combined total of 36 pass plays in the half. Out of the 36 pass plays, 17 of them involved pressure put on the QB's, by LB's, DE's, DT's, and CB's which led to Hurried passes, a few which were thrown OB, 1 INT, 2 QB Sacks, and 4 QB Knockdowns. Thats almost 50% of the pass plays that involved pressure from either a rush, blitz, or both. Yesterday I posted results from a game I played which also had sufficient pressure. So im trying to understand what other players are either seeing, or expecting to see in the way of pass rushing. I know someone will comnent on, and ask what Defensive play call did you use, and what was the offense using. To that I have no idea what to say except I play total sim style football. I mix my plays up on Offense, and Defense. This pressure came from both the team I controlled, and the CPU team. Im not sure if guys are looking for pressure on 70, 80 % of the pass plays or more. But I definitely dont want the defense in the QB's face 8 out of 10 pass plays. That would make playing Offense nearly impossible.
My point is not about pressure. Yes the pressure is there. my thing is you will see the same basic pressure no matter the ratings of the OL DL. Same with run blocking. I've tested 90 overall linemen and 60 overall linemen and it's the same.

The game is programed to get a certain amount of pressure and time the pocket and I don't think it matters what players are in the game. just my opinion of course
Old 10-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
My point is not about pressure. Yes the pressure is there. my thing is you will see the same basic pressure no matter the ratings of the OL DL. Same with run blocking. I've tested 90 overall linemen and 60 overall linemen and it's the same.

The game is programed to get a certain amount of pressure and time the pocket and I don't think it matters what players are in the game. just my opinion of course
Ok now I see what youre saying. My misunderstanding.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #68
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
Ok now I see what youre saying. My misunderstanding.
Yeah we don't want to confuse anyone

You can get sacks and pressure but the game has no sim aspects involved when it comes to blocking ratings

The game allows wr's, rb's and even k's to play OL and still block successful vs bigger and stronger DL

Ea needs to take a look at this programming
Old 10-11-2016, 05:15 PM   #69
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yeah we don't want to confuse anyone

You can get sacks and pressure but the game has no sim aspects involved when it comes to blocking ratings

The game allows wr's, rb's and even k's to play OL and still block successful vs bigger and stronger DL

Ea needs to take a look at this programming

Playmakers..did u see better line play before patch/title update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-11-2016, 09:12 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 19

I asked, will see what the response will be.

It was said years ago these ratings no longer function as they did in past, but why are they still showing if no longer used, and what ratings/mechanism has replaced their methodology during gameplay.

Hope to get some clarity on the subject.

Lastly, they said "everything" was editable about players and it's not so.
We'll see!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0579.PNG (315.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #71
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I asked, will see what the response will be.

It was said years ago these ratings no longer function as they did in past, but why are they still showing if no longer used, and what ratings/mechanism has replaced their methodology during gameplay.

Hope to get some clarity on the subject.

Lastly, they said "everything" was editable about players and it's not so.

We'll see!!!

Khaliib with ur extensive experience with the editor..what hidden stuff did u see with DL and OL? Also for the record full delete of game (currently happening) and back to release date version..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Starting with M15 EA stated that the OL blocking strength and footwork no longer had an affect. Yet, when I loaded up M15 and edited these attributes, there was a distinct difference in how OL players played. So, if they were supposed to be nullified in M15 and were not, it stands to reason that they are still active in M17.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »