Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

This is a discussion on Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #65
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

I just finished playing the first half of the Raiders Saints game, but have to save it. There was a combined total of 36 pass plays in the half. Out of the 36 pass plays, 17 of them involved pressure put on the QB's, by LB's, DE's, DT's, and CB's which led to Hurried passes, a few which were thrown OB, 1 INT, 2 QB Sacks, and 4 QB Knockdowns. Thats almost 50% of the pass plays that involved pressure from either a rush, blitz, or both. Yesterday I posted results from a game I played which also had sufficient pressure. So im trying to understand what other players are either seeing, or expecting to see in the way of pass rushing. I know someone will comnent on, and ask what Defensive play call did you use, and what was the offense using. To that I have no idea what to say except I play total sim style football. I mix my plays up on Offense, and Defense. This pressure came from both the team I controlled, and the CPU team. Im not sure if guys are looking for pressure on 70, 80 % of the pass plays or more. But I definitely dont want the defense in the QB's face 8 out of 10 pass plays. That would make playing Offense nearly impossible.
Devildog Frank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #66
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT
 
charter04's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,492
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
I just finished playing the first half of the Raiders Saints game, but have to save it. There was a combined total of 36 pass plays in the half. Out of the 36 pass plays, 17 of them involved pressure put on the QB's, by LB's, DE's, DT's, and CB's which led to Hurried passes, a few which were thrown OB, 1 INT, 2 QB Sacks, and 4 QB Knockdowns. Thats almost 50% of the pass plays that involved pressure from either a rush, blitz, or both. Yesterday I posted results from a game I played which also had sufficient pressure. So im trying to understand what other players are either seeing, or expecting to see in the way of pass rushing. I know someone will comnent on, and ask what Defensive play call did you use, and what was the offense using. To that I have no idea what to say except I play total sim style football. I mix my plays up on Offense, and Defense. This pressure came from both the team I controlled, and the CPU team. Im not sure if guys are looking for pressure on 70, 80 % of the pass plays or more. But I definitely dont want the defense in the QB's face 8 out of 10 pass plays. That would make playing Offense nearly impossible.
My point is not about pressure. Yes the pressure is there. my thing is you will see the same basic pressure no matter the ratings of the OL DL. Same with run blocking. I've tested 90 overall linemen and 60 overall linemen and it's the same.

The game is programed to get a certain amount of pressure and time the pocket and I don't think it matters what players are in the game. just my opinion of course
charter04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #67
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
My point is not about pressure. Yes the pressure is there. my thing is you will see the same basic pressure no matter the ratings of the OL DL. Same with run blocking. I've tested 90 overall linemen and 60 overall linemen and it's the same.

The game is programed to get a certain amount of pressure and time the pocket and I don't think it matters what players are in the game. just my opinion of course
Ok now I see what youre saying. My misunderstanding.
Devildog Frank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #68
Banned
 
Playmakers's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 12,871
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog Frank
Ok now I see what youre saying. My misunderstanding.
Yeah we don't want to confuse anyone

You can get sacks and pressure but the game has no sim aspects involved when it comes to blocking ratings

The game allows wr's, rb's and even k's to play OL and still block successful vs bigger and stronger DL

Ea needs to take a look at this programming
Playmakers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:15 PM   #69
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yeah we don't want to confuse anyone



You can get sacks and pressure but the game has no sim aspects involved when it comes to blocking ratings



The game allows wr's, rb's and even k's to play OL and still block successful vs bigger and stronger DL



Ea needs to take a look at this programming


Playmakers..did u see better line play before patch/title update?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:12 PM   #70
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jan 2005
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

I asked, will see what the response will be.

It was said years ago these ratings no longer function as they did in past, but why are they still showing if no longer used, and what ratings/mechanism has replaced their methodology during gameplay.

Hope to get some clarity on the subject.

Lastly, they said "everything" was editable about players and it's not so.
We'll see!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0579.PNG (315.3 KB, 36 views)
khaliib is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #71
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I asked, will see what the response will be.



It was said years ago these ratings no longer function as they did in past, but why are they still showing if no longer used, and what ratings/mechanism has replaced their methodology during gameplay.



Hope to get some clarity on the subject.



Lastly, they said "everything" was editable about players and it's not so.

We'll see!!!


Khaliib with ur extensive experience with the editor..what hidden stuff did u see with DL and OL? Also for the record full delete of game (currently happening) and back to release date version..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #72
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: Pass Block Slider and Hidden Ratings

Starting with M15 EA stated that the OL blocking strength and footwork no longer had an affect. Yet, when I loaded up M15 and edited these attributes, there was a distinct difference in how OL players played. So, if they were supposed to be nullified in M15 and were not, it stands to reason that they are still active in M17.
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Top -