Home

Fixing game with player traits

This is a discussion on Fixing game with player traits within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 01:19 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
83evans EXTREME CHANGES!!! player models improved, game speed perfect insanse realism

Shoulder pad update done
Lowered speed and spin

October 5th. Decided to reduced all players speed by 10 and turn offensive players spin o - 40. Results are amazing. I will post vids

*******Oct 10 post tuning updates******

CPU vs CPU (you can also play vs Cpu. Its just I usually test on CPU vsCPU)

*** what im doing***

What I am trying to accomplish is make the game as real as possible with all I have at my disposal. That's Sliders, Traits, and player ratings. My rosters and sliders are the first to adjust all aspects able to be adjusted,to max out madden.

My goal with traits is to get every player consistent, to allow ratings to be the sole dictator of a player. I also use traits to take away unrealistic animations and add in the ability for animations to be maxed out. My sliders coincide with my traits. So if you keep pass blocking low you will see a lot of sacks since everyone on d has high motor and swim and spin on.

Spread out ratings***

I use a sheet to spread ratings. It makes so if the typical range is 99-50, its now spread to 99-0. I do this with all physical ratings except speed because when you go down from 50 speed is insanely slow. The changes to physical ratings makes big players feel heavy, and small players feel light. Every player now has at least acc or agility below 90 now. The different between a fast player and quick player is more apparent. This also prevents players from being superhuman.

***My sliders***

**updated recently due to spread ratings**
speed fast

Threshold- 45
Fatigue- 35 (very high auto subs) (sick of players staggering for the endzone on 60 yd runs)
All madden

CPU and user are same

Accuracy- 25
PB- 100
WR catch- 45
Fumb 25
Run block- 100
Pass reaction- 100
Int- 45
Coverage 0
Tackle 35

FG power 65
FG accuracy 45
Punt length 43
Punt accuracy 100
Kickoff power 65

Fast speed- Changed Sept 19

Traits ***anything I dont mention, leave alone***

Every player get high motor YES (moved kicker to high motor to reduced block kicks, it seems to of done just that

QBs

Throw ball- ON
Players set on balanced go to scramble. Pocket QBs go to balanced. THIS MEANS NO POCKET QBS ARE LEFT
Sense pressure for players that run around alot- paranoid. Everyone else leave alone. So only adjust the, Russels, Kaepernicks
Throw ball away- off
Cover ball- brace for all
Fight for extra yard

**RBs, FBs, WRs TEs**

Run after catch, aggressive catch- No
Sideline catch- Yes
Drop ball- No
Fight for extra yard- yes
Cover ball- Never ( RBs and WRs, leave TEs and FBs alone)

OL
Only the high motor trait

For all defense

Drop ball- No
Strip ball- No
Spin- Yes
Swim- Yes
Big hit-No

For play ball in air... if the player is a DB- Aggressive. LB- balanced. DL conservative

Note- I also like to keep DBs cover ball on NEVER, just in case they are a kick returner. And it makes INTs more exciting.
I gave all DL and LB pass rush LB style

Now with each position I used a chart to spread from the normal 50-100 to 100-0 scale

For all players i spread. Strength, agility, acceleration, jumping

For only QBs I additionally spread all the throw accuracys, and throw power

For kickers and punters I also spread there kick power and accuracy

I spread Pass block and run block for OL

Last edited by 83evans; 10-11-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 01:22 AM   #2
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Fixing game with player traits

Can you upload the roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 01:25 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
Can you upload the roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't got all teams done yet. Also I edited the playbooks of running QBs and added draws and read option plays. But the majority of scrambles I've seen are real scrambles
Old 09-13-2016, 01:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

How do i get to access this so i could change the traits

Sent from my SM-J110M using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
Pro

Beautiful scramble by tyrod

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mqk7LvYXOeQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #6
Pro

Another scramble. This one for TD. This is all CPU vs CPU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RRX8XSg4khM
Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

I have pretty much done the same thing. With a couple of exceptions. If you look at QB ratings, you will see a major flaw compared to M16. For example on many QB's, There Short throw acc will be 85. Med Acc 88 and deep acc 87. In real life and in 16 the difference between the ratings should ave. 4 to 7 points between short and med and a solid 7 to 10 points or more between med and deep.. So it should look something like this. Short throw 85 med throw 80, and deep throw 70.. In Madden 17, most QB's have great ratings for deep throw; this is why the long bomb is used and so effective. I edited only the QB's that I play against, then at the end of the game return them to their original. It only takes a couple of minutes and completely changes the way they play, and fixes the high completion percentage.
QB’s will miss about half of the deep passes. In the NFL only about 30 percent of passes over 35 yds are complete.
I also change the CPU Kickers kick acc, I usually drop it 25 points from his original and set my sliders to 40. It makes a great variety of chances to miss any FG from any distance, the majority of the time they make them, even from 45 yds or better, but there is always the excitement of the possible miss.

And finally I drop the CPU punter power down 10 points, this keeps all those out of the end zone punts toned way down and gives the possibility of some nice returns. I only play POTM or CPU vs CPU.

These small simple changes makes the game so much better for my style of play. Well at least until they put out another patch then it’s back to the drawing board.

Oh and one final thing, I am tired of seeing every RB have the ability to spin like a top. I agree there should be a few, But now and then I like to see a RB just put down his head a plow forward. So if I see a power back, I reduce his spin move way down, changes how he runs. Again I only do this to teams I play. I always return them to the original state so as to not screw with the sim settings when they are playing another CPU team
Old 09-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Another scramble. This one for TD. This is all CPU vs CPU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RRX8XSg4khM
Interesting. So maybe traits are the key to getting proper scrambling from CPU QB's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »