Home

It's not the patch... It's the tuner!

This is a discussion on It's not the patch... It's the tuner! within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
It's not the patch... It's the tuner!

So thanks to Charvalos for bringing it to my attention. Everyone has suspected Patch #2 as being the culprit to ruining the game. We've seen crazy Robotic QBs by both User and CPU but after testing without the tuner, I have concluded that it is in fact the tuner that's ruining the game. Since deleting the tuner I and Charvalos have noticed no Robotic QBs, more dropped passes, more organic play by the defense. I urge all slider gurus to test without the tuner and see for yourselves. I also urge the community to avoid using the tuner. Go to file management and delete it. Restart your console. When you start up madden you will be prompt to update and download it, kindly decline and say "No Thanks" and go back to enjoying Madden 17. Once again thanks to Charvalos for bringing it to my attention.

Last edited by Flazko; 10-20-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Re: It's not the patch... It's the tuner!

I have Revamped all my sets based on playing with No Tuner and I must say, everyone is happy and everything seems to be back to normal. Hope everyone else has tested this and incorporated it into your own sets.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #3
Pro

When did patch #2 come out? I have auto update off and haven't seen any update. I probably already have it but jw
Old 10-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #4
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
When did patch #2 come out? I have auto update off and haven't seen any update. I probably already have it but jw
About two weeks ago.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
So thanks to Charvalos for bringing it to my attention. Everyone has suspected Patch #2 as being the culprit to ruining the game. We've seen crazy Robotic QBs by both User and CPU but after testing without the tuner, I have concluded that it is in fact the tuner that's ruining the game. Since deleting the tuner I and Charvalos have noticed no Robotic QBs, more dropped passes, more organic play by the defense. I urge all slider gurus to test without the tuner and see for yourselves. I also urge the community to avoid using the tuner. Go to file management and delete it. Restart your console. When you start up madden you will be prompt to update and download it, kindly decline and say "No Thanks" and go back to enjoying Madden 17. Once again thanks to Charvalos for bringing it to my attention.
what exactly is wrong with the tuner ?

I do not see much of a diff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 08:50 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
what exactly is wrong with the tuner ?

I do not see much of a diff.
Me neither. My USER accuracy at 0 is still flawless with the tuner deleted. I was excited to try this out when I got home from work with hope the gameplay would go back to what it was before the patch but the gameplay wasn't different for me.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #7
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Me neither. My USER accuracy at 0 is still flawless with the tuner deleted. I was excited to try this out when I got home from work with hope the gameplay would go back to what it was before the patch but the gameplay wasn't different for me.
Idk. I'm seeing it and a few others in my thread are to.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:59 PM   #8
All Star

Flazko's Arena

The qb accuracy on all pro and cpu accuracy on all madden are what we're noticing on my sets. Idk. Every slider has a way to effect other sliders but I didn't change a thing and checked with and without the tuner and then decide to change my sets based on not using the tuner. If you're using all madden try the cpu accuracy between 5-10 and cpu pass block between 10-15 and you'll see. It also depends what you have the defense reaction and coverage set to. The tighter coverage creates more errant throws and so does getting pressure on the qb . I also think slow game speed creates more over throws but that's just a theory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »