Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2016, 02:32 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

My overall impression of the game was not very good. The game started off bad for me. I started with the ball and GB's DEF came out hot. I went 3 & out with a sack on 3rd down. I made the mistake of leaving a TE to block a 3-4 OLB. He blew right past my TE. They then blocked the punt, returning it for a TD. I began thinking this was going to be one of those crazy Madden games.

From there it settled down into a defensive struggle. By late in the 2nd I knew I was going to win this game unless something drastic happened. Passing was just too easy as all my passes were on target, even when I was under pressure. I didn't have a single bad pass. The INT I threw was my fault as I over threw the receiver on a deep pass with a safety over the top.

There was, however, some good. First, and foremost, Rogers made some bad throws and missed some open receivers. He moved around in the pocket, but never did try to scramble (unfortunately).

When he had time in the pocket he was deadly. Most of his bad throws were when pressure started to get through. His INT came off a blitz when he had 2 defenders in his face. His throw was about a yard wide of the receiver and my CB Ramsey) just happened to be closing in on the receiver. Completely legit.

A couple of other bad throws came on 3rd down when he tried to rush the throw. He had about 4 passes where he threw it away over the receiver when no one was open.

Lacy ran hard, often carrying tacklers for a yard or more. A couple of times when a DB tried a solo tackle he pretty much ran them over. There was a good mix of runs stopped behind the line and good gains. At the end on the 2nd he broke a 32 yard run to the outside when I played for an inside run.

On a bad note, receivers never dropped the ball from contact. Here I think CTH at 47 looks good. Penalties were really a non-factor as were injuries (1 minor for GB for the game). There were subs. Starks came in for Lacy a few times, but never got any carries.

My miss passes were from pressure and trying to get the pass off quickly. Late in the 4th I was able to break off a 68 yard run. Otherwise running was tough, with a few good runs inside on draws.

What doesn't show up is that LBs were in on a lot of tackles. For JAX both Smith and Posluszny had good tackle numbers.

Blitzes were somewhat affective. I caught GB on 3 occasions blitzing on a play action. I had 4 total sacks. 3 were from blitzes and 1 was the RDE. GB had 2.

There is definitely adjustments needed, but at least the issue with CPU QB play looks like it can be fixed. One adjustment I think that definitely needs to be made is editing HUM QB ACC numbers to make passing harder and challenging. For now I will continue to play with the current stated setup to see how it goes.

Oh, one more thing. I controlled DT2 with no switch. On only 1 occasions was I able to really get any good pressure on Rogers. For the most part I was able to eat up blockers that allowed my blitzes to get through. On the run game I was able to shed the block to get the runner. On average, without blitzing, I'd say Rogers had about 5 seconds or less to get a pass off before DL started to come off blocks.

Something else I noticed is that on OFF you had better know where possible blitzes might come from and effectively use OL shifts.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:33 AM   #74
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0

mpd.. to me the hum qb Acc is what's troubling me too , if somehow that could get fixed I may deal with the rest but I'm still going to play some with this level see where it goes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2016, 12:42 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anyone playing PTM CPU v CPU with default rookie?

I do PTM slow sim and occasionally jump in to play coach mode from time to time. Wondering what it looks like on Rookie. Will have to give it a whirl tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #76
Rookie

Try slightly increasing defensive auto subs as you see fit. I've been experimenting with that and have been getting some good results.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #77
Rookie

Joepman. Thanks for looking in on this thread.

When I first tried this level that is what I went with (PTM). The games played out great for the most part. One possible issue was that even though I was use PTM, it seemed that the team I had control over (even though I did nothing once the game started) won most of the games. This seemed to play out even if I selected a far weaker team.

Give it a try and see how it goes. I recommend starting with default to get a feel for how it plays. Pick a few different games. Be consistent with what team you have control over.

Let us know what you see.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #78
Rookie

kennypowers88. Welcome and thanks for sharing.

Can you elaborate on what adjustments you're making, why and what affects it is having?

Other then subs, what is your setup?
Old 10-29-2016, 02:06 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
kennypowers88. Welcome and thanks for sharing.

Can you elaborate on what adjustments you're making, why and what affects it is having?

Other then subs, what is your setup?
I've been experimenting with increasing sub in and sub out in different increments, but only on the defensive side of the ball. One increases aggressiveness, while the other foot speed. This is according to josh at least, and I'm seeing the same results so far. For specific questions, he's the guy to ask. Doing so has resulted in more penalties, better coverage, less contested catches, more variable QB performances and more shots down field. You can go too far and get some odd look8ng animations and too many TFL/sacks, but there it's been an effective way to alter the game without everything falling apart. I'm currently running a slightly different version of Josh's set with All Madden in CFM.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Joepman. Thanks for looking in on this thread.

When I first tried this level that is what I went with (PTM). The games played out great for the most part. One possible issue was that even though I was use PTM, it seemed that the team I had control over (even though I did nothing once the game started) won most of the games. This seemed to play out even if I selected a far weaker team.

Give it a try and see how it goes. I recommend starting with default to get a feel for how it plays. Pick a few different games. Be consistent with what team you have control over.

Let us know what you see.
Thanks!

When I have a chance, will do. Got a 7 month old at home, so my ability to play is spotty at best!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »