Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepman
Thanks!

When I have a chance, will do. Got a 7 month old at home, so my ability to play is spotty at best!
Definitely been there with the little one. Wait until they get older. My 8yo is a US National Champ in Taekwondo. I spend most of my off time with him. It's definitely worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #82
Rookie

Finished Game #2. Same setup with GB vs JAX. Before playing the game I went into the slider screen and het reset. Changed OPI to OFF.

The game played out the same as the first. CPU QB (Rogers) made good throws when he had time. Made some bad throws when he rushed the throw or was feeling pressure. I did note that at times he was quick to the throw the ball away when he started to feel pressure. A look at the replay showed that there was nothing open down field.

I paid particular attention to the line play. My impressions are that it is a little too easy to get pressure on the CPU at times. Blitzes are effective in not only getting to the QB, but also in applying pressure.

Playing as the DT2 I was able to tie up blockers and at times come off blocks to get pressure. Never could get close enough to get the sack. DT1 (CPU controlled) was able to get some push on the G blocking him, coming off the block at times. Again, the pocket averaged about 5 seconds without a blitz.

Pass coverage was a little loose, but reactions were good. At times DBs had tight coverage, while at others receivers came open after putting a good move. Again, no balls were knocked out from well timed hits.

I did see 2 fumbles. The first came against my receiver when I threw the ball slightly behind him on a cross. A hard hit from the LB knocked the ball out. The other came when my DT1 came free on a rush (G tried a cut block and missed) and knocked the ball out of Rogers' hand. A look at the replay showed it to be a legit strip. Other sacks didn't produce fumbles.

As with the first game, penalties were few. Of note, in both games I had a ruffing the kicker call go against me.

No injuries.

I think for the next game I will try and control GB to see if the dominance continues and also to see how a lower rated QB plays.

EDIT: Punting into the wind and FGs are still broken. I SIM all kicks.

Last edited by mpd3892; 10-29-2016 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Added Info.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #83
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepman
Anyone playing PTM CPU v CPU with default rookie?

I do PTM slow sim and occasionally jump in to play coach mode from time to time. Wondering what it looks like on Rookie. Will have to give it a whirl tonight.
From a PTM slow sim in my offline Chicago Bears CFM using Josh sliders on Rookie obviously (only difference is INJ which i had at 40 in MM and 10 - default in CFM).

I got some videos too but they aren't embedding.

One thing I noticed is the lack of aggressiveness on defense; otherwise I think it plays great and will be perfect with a few tweaks.

Also the passing game seems to REALLY OPEN UP in the 2nd half. My 61OVR QB was playing like his rating completing 47-52% of his passes until the 4th quarter and overtime when the tired defense just couldn't keep up with his receivers.

SanFran's QB is 95OVR (93 THP, 97 TAS, 93 TAM, 82 TAD, 82 TOR, 92 AWR) so I expected him to have a field day with my secondary but I was quite surprised the defense held up until late in the game.

Runningbacks are rotating adequately; my HB2 had 6 carries in the first half and 5 in the second. HB1 had 24.

Spoiler

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 10-29-2016, 06:19 PM   #84
Rookie

Welcome Rexis.

I appreciate the input and impressions. I completely agree with your statement: "One thing I noticed is the lack of aggressiveness on defense; otherwise I think it plays great and will be perfect with a few tweaks."

When I first started looking into ROOKIE I strictly ran with PTM. From what I saw I had an idea that even if we couldn't get it to be challenging for folks who like to an active part, at least the PTM and possibly coach mode folks would have something.

For me the real strength of this level is that QBs play to their ratings. The key now is finding those tweaks that get the most out of this level without breaking it.

I think you are spot on about the DEF. I haven't seen any crazy stuff that just makes it ridiculous. It just seems that defenders, especially in coverage, are a step behind. As others have recommended, the key might be in adjusting either subs or penalties, most likely a combination of the two.

Adhering to khaliib's advise on being careful with gameplay sliders, I think we have a little wiggle room there. I'm thinking if we stay within 5 points of default we should be ok. It seemed to works with the CTH slider.

I'm looking forward to any other input and observations you might have.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:29 PM   #85
Rookie

I completed game #3. Following the OP setup, this time I played as GB.

The game played out pretty much like the first two. HUM passing was easy. One thing I noticed is how easy it was passing with Rogers. I really didn't even try to hit my receivers. Passes were always on target and where I wanted to place them.

As for Bortles, being now controlled by the CPU he played like we would expect. He made throws when he had time, only they weren't always on target. A couple of times receivers had to adjust to make the catch. He missed open receivers when under pressure, on 3rd down, and on a few occasions he just plain missed.

Playing with lower rated DTs for GB I was not able to get much done. I had a hard time getting off blocks. GB's 2 outside rushing LB's (Mathews and I believe Davis) were effective in both the pass and run games. They were going against lower rated Ts and it showed.

Out of about 6 sacks there were no fumbles, even on the hardest hits. There was 1 fumble by a JAX receiver as he was being spun to the ground.

Penalties and injuries are still lacking. One PAT was blocked by JAX and a FG was nearly blocked by JAX.

I think next I'm going to reset everything to default and make a few adjustments to see if there is any difference. I'm just not seeing parts of the game play the way I had hoped using JochC1977's sliders. Its playing good, not great, but I think we can get more out of it with the right tweaks. Also, this will give me a chance to see a comparison to how it played with Joshc1977's sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 01:15 AM   #86
Rookie

Game #4 GB vs JAX (HUM)

Before this game I tried one more adjustment. Remembering something Joshc1977 said about the a possible problem with the INJ slider in MM at 75, I changed it to 50. Again went into CFM and reset gameplay sliders and then made any needed changes to make Joshc1977's settings.

I saw no real improvement in the gameplay.

For the next game I decided to go back to all default. I went to MM and reset everything to default. I then deleted my profile, exited out of the menu and let it save. after exiting the game I reloaded and went into my CFM. I went to the gameplay sliders and reset.

The only adjustments I made was to set the game speed to FAST and the THRESHOLD to 90. I also deleted the GB coach after resetting their playbooks. I also went in and lowered all of Bortles' passing attributes (SAC/MAC/DAC) to 50.

The game played much better. Defense was aggressive and coverage was tighter. Overall it was a solid game. BTW the game was played in the rain.

One issue that remained, you'll see it in the stats, is that it is still too easy to pass. Running was very tough for both sides. I never really got it going. GB had a tough time until late in the 3rd, that and helped by 2 big runs. Rogers was accurate when he had time, but did miss a few open receivers.

Something that I've been seeing when controlling DT2. At times I will be lined up between the C and LG. At the snap after my initial step forward the DT2 will slide over directly infant of the C. This is a game issue and not sure if it can be fixed with adjustments.

Last edited by mpd3892; 12-20-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:17 AM   #87
Rookie

More screens from the game.

Last edited by mpd3892; 12-20-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:50 PM   #88
Rookie

I've edited the OP. Essentially I've gone back to all default as I was not happy with the way the game was playing. The first game back on default played very well.

The biggest issue still unresolved is the accuracy of the HUM controlled QB. If we can get this fixed, then I believe we will really have something here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »