Rookie Sliders (It Works!) - Page 13 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-31-2016, 08:05 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

OP edited.

I've not been having success finding a setup that can challenge HUM control teams. Passing remains too easy. I'm away for the next few days, but when I can I'll be looking at some possible adjustments.

As it stands right now, this level is probably best for PTM, CPU vs CPU, and possibly coach mode.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #98
Rookie

The Big Donny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Welcome The Big Donny.

The way I've been doing it is to completely reset all in MM (as if you loaded the game for the first time). When I tried making edits to the MM the game play was "off".

Inside CFM you can choose your favorite team and make adjustments to your liking. Be sure to set subs to 60/80 under your coaches menu. Heading the advice of khaliib, I'm Leary to make any adjustments to game play sliders for fear of triggering "CUSTOM" instead of "ROOKIE". I've not seen any adverse affect changing the speed to FAST and THRESHOLD to 90.

If you will, start with the above adjustments and see what you think. You might also try picking 2 teams that are opposites (1 weak, 1 strong). Even pick 1 team that has strong DEF and weak OFF, the other the opposite.

While I've seen realistic play from CPU controlled QBs (even Rodgers), I have not been able to really get the same when I control a QB. That is the one area I'm really still focused on.

Any other questions, please let me know. I'm looking forward to your impressions.

Thanks for joining in.
Definitely a closer game than I expected on rookie, but kinda felt in control all game. I'll post a few main stats and impressions.

Cam Newton 19/29 343 yards 2TD 0INT
Teddy Bridgewater 13/23 223 yards 2TD 0INT

Jonathan Stewart 21 carries 59 yards 0 broken tackles
Adrian Peterson 20 carries 220 yards 10 broken tackles 131 yards after contact

Kendricks, Barr, and Harrison Smith had 10+ tackles each which was great, they almost always lead the team in tackles irl. They scored on 2 bombs over my SS user controlled, those were my bad. And one kickoff return for each team. I think without my broken tackles and bonehead plays on D, it would have been a pretty good game. There was enough pressure both ways that it kept completion percentages in check. I'll try another game when I can, but broken tackles are my big concern over anything else so far
Old 10-31-2016, 11:46 PM   #99
Rookie

The Big Donny.

Try turning even teams off in MM, if you have everything on default. I'm thinking that might have a negative effect. You might also try turning all helps off in MM as well.

Something else I've noticed since I stopped creating coaches for each team and setting both to 60/80 is that the CPU team DEF just doesn't seem very aggressive or playing as tight. When I next get a chance I will go with creating coaches for both teams, setting subs to 60/80 for as well as the adjustments I suggested above for MM.

I've been trying games with INJ at 51, FAT at 54 and most penalties at 51 (don't touch Block in he Back or Roughing the Passer, they are very sensitive). I've seen good rotation, more minor injuries (1-2 quarters) and a nice increase in penalties.

Let me know how you make out.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, you play CPU vs CPU. If so, you might want to stick with NORMAL speed and 50 THRESHOLD for now. When I first looked at this level, that is what I had it set to. Doing PTM, I saw some really great game play. I only started trying a higher speed and threshold because I was trying to see if I could make the game more challenging for active players.

Last edited by mpd3892; 10-31-2016 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Added a thought.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #100
Rookie

The Big Donny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
The Big Donny.

Try turning even teams off in MM, if you have everything on default. I'm thinking that might have a negative effect. You might also try turning all helps off in MM as well.

Something else I've noticed since I stopped creating coaches for each team and setting both to 60/80 is that the CPU team DEF just doesn't seem very aggressive or playing as tight. When I next get a chance I will go with creating coaches for both teams, setting subs to 60/80 for as well as the adjustments I suggested above for MM.

I've been trying games with INJ at 51, FAT at 54 and most penalties at 51 (don't touch Block in he Back or Roughing the Passer, they are very sensitive). I've seen good rotation, more minor injuries (1-2 quarters) and a nice increase in penalties.

Let me know how you make out.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, you play CPU vs CPU. If so, you might want to stick with NORMAL speed and 50 THRESHOLD for now. When I first looked at this level, that is what I had it set to. Doing PTM, I saw some really great game play. I only started trying a higher speed and threshold because I was trying to see if I could make the game more challenging for active players.
Hey man,

Sorry had to run off to watch the Vikings get embarrassed on national TV

Just a few notes that I didn't include in my original post since I was pressed for time: I made sure Even Teams was off in the Main Menu since I've seen a few posts about that recently and I've experienced Main Menu settings affecting CFM before. This was the first game I've played with all assists/visual aids off as well, which explains the 2 big plays over my user controlled SS. What I didn't do though was remember to turn injuries back on. Maybe I'll try your tweaks to penalties etc. and turn injuries back on to see if that makes any difference. I actually do play HUM vs CPU so I was in control of all of my good plays (and bad). I really did enjoy the fast gameplay as it does require some quick decisions in running, passing, and coverage on defense. I'm definitely not abandoning ship after just 1 game.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #101
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7

In eyemart

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2016, 12:15 AM   #102
Rookie

I finally have time to comment here. Part of the process of figuring this all out is I like to follow along what is going on in other threads. You can learn a lot by reading what others are trying and commenting on. The one area that I really believe where this level stands apart is in the CPU QB play. In all the years and games I've played (and it a lot), I can't really remembering seeing QBs miss and make bad throws like do on ROOKIE. This, naturally, excludes HUM controlled QBs.

I've been trying to get the game to play better on the CPU side. One area I think could really use improvement is pass coverage. All too often when I watch a replay of a pass play I've noticed that the CPU DBs appear to be a step slow in reacting to a move by a receiver. This allows the receiver to get open and an easy completion. This isn't always the case as I've also seen some really good coverage.

To this end I tried playing on FAST with both 90 and 100 THRESHOLD. Some parts I liked, especially the speed of the game. However, I did notice that CPU coverage was even slower to react.

I then dropped back down to NORMAL and noticed coverage was a little better. Furthermore, pocket pressure was better as I had to wait for receivers to run their routes and get open.

When next I have a chance to play (probably Friday/Saturday) I plan to try SLOW. There may also be some adjustments we can make in MM to get the coverage to tighten up. Any ideas or suggestions will be most appreciated.

I believe we are closing in and other then issues we have no real control over (HUM QB ACC, accurate FG, punting into the wind), we may yet find adjustments that really work.

With INJ at 51, FAT at 54 I've seen a both a good variety of injuries (some for a quarter or two, others for the game, and others for a few weeks) and a good rotation of players. I played a game where Sproles for the Eagles broke off a 66 yard run on their first possession. For the next 3 plays Mathews was the HB. This is something a lot have been looking for.

Its there and we just have to get to it and get it working. Thanks to all who are following along and contributing. Like football, this to is a team effort.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:54 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 4

Raising DPI and defensive holding penalties may result in stickier and tighter coverage. Unfortunately, that would also benefit the user defense as well and could lead to more sacks (QB holding the ball longer) and them also not having shots downfield if coverage is too tight. It's an idea but.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:06 AM   #104
MVP

OVR: 21

I have never seen better games than I have on Rookie with default across the board except for:

FGP 100
FGA 100
DPI 60
Def aids off in Main Menu
Slow speed

Better animations, realistic QB completion rates, better running stats, and overall a better "look and feel" to the game. More organic with a wide variety of animations and outcomes.

I should add I am a coach only and cpu vs cpu player.

C

Last edited by capa; 11-02-2016 at 08:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »