Rookie Sliders (It Works!) - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Raising DPI and defensive holding penalties may result in stickier and tighter coverage. Unfortunately, that would also benefit the user defense as well and could lead to more sacks (QB holding the ball longer) and them also not having shots downfield if coverage is too tight. It's an idea but.
Thanks for the input. That's been my conundrum: how do I tighten up the CPU DEF without negatively affecting how their OFF plays. I like your ideas and will give them a try when I next have a chance.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #106
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I have never seen better games than I have on Rookie with default across the board except for:

FGP 100
FGA 100
DPI 60
Def aids off in Main Menu
Slow speed

Better animations, realistic QB completion rates, better running stats, and overall a better "look and feel" to the game. More organic with a wide variety of animations and outcomes.

I should add I am a coach only and cpu vs cpu player.

C
Thanks for your impressions and recommendations. I've been following the notion of adjusting kicking sliders over on Joshc1977's thread with the thought to try them out on ROOKIE.

When I next have a chance I'll give them a try as you've listed them. Are all adjustments done only in MM or in CFM or in both? You also said DEF aids of in MM, what about in CFM.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #107
Rookie

The Big Donny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Thanks for your impressions and recommendations. I've been following the notion of adjusting kicking sliders over on Joshc1977's thread with the thought to try them out on ROOKIE.

When I next have a chance I'll give them a try as you've listed them. Are all adjustments done only in MM or in CFM or in both? You also said DEF aids of in MM, what about in CFM.
Just to chime in, I personally used Josh's sliders yesterday and used those FG sliders only in main menu. It did seem to cause some errant throws on both sides, but only 1 game is a small sample size.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #108
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0

Mpd..got a question I'm playing hum vs cpu how many min would you recommend, ive been doing 10 min quarters
Old 11-02-2016, 08:08 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 0

are your penalites all set at default of 50
Old 11-02-2016, 08:20 PM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
Mpd..got a question I'm playing hum vs cpu how many min would you recommend, ive been doing 10 min quarters

I've been going with 9 minutes. With FAT at 54 I've seen good subs. I think it also matters what game speed you have. At slower speeds, longer quarters are probably necessary to maintain a good number of total plays.

At this point I'm focused on gameplay more then other factors. When I try SLOW I'll keep an eye on total plays and adjust if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2016, 08:25 PM   #111
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddp
are your penalites all set at default of 50

I'm adjusting penalties in CFM. With FAT at 54 I've only increased penalties to 51. Do not adjust block in the back or roughing the passer. They are way too sensitive.

My philosophy with any adjusting is to go as small as possible. Khaliib had a great insight into what happens when we go crazy with making adjusting sliders. Essentially, if we adjust too much then we are no longer on ROOKIE, now on CUSTOM.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Donny
Just to chime in, I personally used Josh's sliders yesterday and used those FG sliders only in main menu. It did seem to cause some errant throws on both sides, but only 1 game is a small sample size.

What level was this on, AP?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »