Rookie Sliders (It Works!) - Page 16 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

just wanted to say your sliders work amazing on coach mode play the moments, lot of close games and one or two blowouts. i raised the injury up to 52. best exp i had. so far so good. need to find out a good sub in sub out is all but other then that all good
Old 11-04-2016, 01:42 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2

Glad to hear this working out great. It was just on a whim born out of frustration that I gave this level a try.

One thing to keep in mind is it might be best not to stray too far from the default settings. I believe that once you adjust too much you are no longer playing on ROOKIE and then a whole new set of issues emerge. Thanks to khaliib for reminding me of this.

As for subs. I some good rotation at FAT 54. Give that a try and see how that works. At that setting I also saw more penalties and injuries.

Keep us updated as to how you make out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0

How do these work on pro
Old 11-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #124
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddp
How do these work on pro
This thread is for Rookie level. However, you will find the closer you keep all sliders to default, the better the gameplay on all levels (Rookie, Pro, AllPro, All Madden). The key seems to be finding the correct settings for penalties and subs, as opposed to tweaking sliders. Some would disagree, so to each his own.

Everyone has different theories. Therefore, you will see dozens of different slider threads here. What some people say plays realistically for them, another will say too easy or too hard. There is NO one slider set that is perfect.

Why? Because the game is flawed. There are some internal workings in the game that cannot be altered or affected by slider settings. All you can do is find a set you are happy with, tweak to your own idea of realistic, and go from there.

Unless and until EA fixes some inherent logic and internal workings, that's all you can do.

C
Old 11-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #125
Rookie

Couldn't have said it better then capa.

What ROOKIE may bring to the table is that the issue with CPU Robo QB is not present. Even the best (Rodgers, Brady, etc) will make bad throws. On ROOKIE you generally won't see 3rd string Abs rated in the 60s playing like Brady. With that, there are other limitations or shortcomings. The biggest is HUM passing accuracy. I haven't found a way to make passing for the HUM challenging.

I've been trying some different things to get the most out of this level. Lately my free time has been extremely limited and I really don't have the time to play the game.

At present I believe those who either play coach mode or PTM will get the most out of this level. Sliders at default in these modes plays very well. Once you go up a level, then the issues with the CPU QB and other issues begin to surface.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #126
Rookie

NOTE: I'm still looking at various issues and adjustments to get the most out of this level.

There is something I want to mention. Earlier I tried playing on FAST as I wanted to make the game play more like the NFL. We always hear from rookies about how fast the NFL is.

An issue I noted was how when controlling DT2 and lined up between the C and LG, on the snap DT2 would "jump" over directly in front of the C.

On SLOW I've not seen anything like this. I also read on other threads where folks were seeing gameplay issues like this on higher speeds.

Something to keep in mind. At present, I will either settle on NORMAL or SLOW.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 21

I love the way the game looks and feels on Slow.

C
Old 11-15-2016, 12:28 PM   #128
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by airraid73
I just started playing on rookie few days ago! Game play was actually good ! I been playing with slider all turn up to 100 and threshold at 0 . No assist . Game felt like CPU wasn't cheating especially on rookie you would think it would be easy , but I actually lost two game . I'm with you it's worth a try !!

Just to understand, you set all of the CPU sliders to 100, but did you leave the Human sliders at 50?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »