Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

I recently came across the following post:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...e190f767be.png

When I saw this I realized I was done with M17. If the Devs are playing the game, then they too must know of the issues (such as punts into the wind, WR1 lining up on the wrong side, etc.). That being the case, if they are not able or willing to fix such issues, then there is no hope for the rest of us. M17, like most video games, has its flaws. But when there are such major flaws and there is no expected fix, then it is time to move onto a product produced by a company and a team that takes pride in the quality of their work. Granted, there may be issues behind the scenes that we are not privy to that prevent the Devs from making needed fixes, but we can only go off what we can see and learn.

I can understand some of the changes that were made so as to please the money making online tournament play, but to not fix fundamental issues... Unacceptable.

I thank all that took part in this thread and contributed. I truly hope that you are able to find a way to enjoy this game as best as you are able. For me the road has come to a fork. One road leads to a dead end that is M17 and the other to other past times.

Best of luck to all and thank you for your various insights and interests in this thread.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #138
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892

When I saw this I realized I was done with M17. If the Devs are playing the game, then they too must know of the issues (such as punts into the wind, WR1 lining up on the wrong side, etc.). That being the case, if they are not able or willing to fix such issues, then there is no hope for the rest of us. M17, like most video games, has its flaws. But when there are such major flaws and there is no expected fix, then it is time to move onto a product produced by a company and a team that takes pride in the quality of their work. Granted, there may be issues behind the scenes that we are not privy to that prevent the Devs from making needed fixes, but we can only go off what we can see and learn.

I can understand some of the changes that were made so as to please the money making online tournament play, but to not fix fundamental issues... Unacceptable.

I thank all that took part in this thread and contributed. I truly hope that you are able to find a way to enjoy this game as best as you are able. For me the road has come to a fork. One road leads to a dead end that is M17 and the other to other past times.

Best of luck to all and thank you for your various insights and interests in this thread.
how do you fix the WR-1/2 crap ?
Old 11-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #139
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

Quote:

Man that sucks! I've been on a ncaa13 kick so I'll probably keep playing that ! Mpd thanks for all your insights too . Hopefully something will change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #140
Rookie

Angry Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

Well there you go Madden Gamers. These Dev's could care less about the real issues that plague this game. Instead they keep adding BS to the game that means absolutely nothing for Sim Style Football. And why should they? After all, next year there will millions of us suckers that plop down our money on the next release of Madden, only to be disappointed again. EA is extremely lucky that there is no competition in the NFL Video game market.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #141
Banned

Quote:

play OOTB version. and int's still do not save if you close app and restart game. the devs do not even play the game, imo. or if they do, they do not care. period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 07:20 AM   #142
Rookie

kp00's Arena

Just wanted to pop in and say I've been getting some of the most organic realistic gameplay I've ever seen in a madden. Let me start off by saying I only play cpu vs cpu, at first I was getting some decent play in franchise mode. It left me unsatisfied seeing TEs get the bulk of targets and statues in the pocket. So what I did was delete the tuners and new rosters, reboot the game, and select rookie as the difficultly obviously. After that the only thing I changed in the main menu was 10 min quarters w no accelerated clock. This is being played in play now mode btw. Here's the stats from one of my games.

Buffalo 29 @ Baltimore 28

Flacco- 106.5 16/26 272 2 TD 1 INT

West- 21/116 5.5 1 TD 2 FUM
Dixon- 2/5 2.5 1 TD

Smith Sr- 6/114 1 TD
Aiken- 4/71 1 TD
Watson- 2/61
Wallace- 3/23
West- 1/3
-------------------------------------
Taylor- 62.5 25/39 265 2 INT

McCoy- 19/72 1 TD
Gillislee- 3/66 1 TD
Taylor- 4/22 1 TD

Clay- 6/80
Watkins- 3/58
McCoy- 4/51
Gillislee- 5/34
Woods- 1/11

This was an amazing game to watch play out. Baltimore came out on their first drive and threw a deep 61 yard bomb to Steve smith in the endzone tightly covered and he came down with a great catch. Next drive Taylor overthrows Watkins slightly on a corner route right to Jimmy smith for the INT. Baltimore marches down and scores again to go up 14-0. After that it was a grind of a game. Terrance west had 2 costly fumbles in the 2nd half letting buffalo back into the game. The last drive of the game was nuts. It was 28-22 Baltimore leading with 48 seconds left. Buffalo had a nice 20+ yard punt return to start off the drive. Buffalo completes a 4th down conversion by inches to keep em alive. They end up getting down to about the 8 yard line after a pass play w no timeouts. Rushing back to the line they get the play off w one second. Taylor rolls out right w open field and runs for the TD, tieing it up w no time on by clock. Carpenter then comes out to hit the XP for the win!! Sorry guys had to share this lol it was an amazing game
Old 12-08-2016, 07:45 PM   #143
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

There has been a lot of talk about out of the box play and I am completely on board but wanted to also give a shout out for rookie level gameplay out of the box. This is the most organic and realistic football I have seen out of madden and it a pretty awesome game.

The line play on rookie with normal speed and higher than 50 speed threshold gives such realistic push and end play, it very cool to see. I do let my QB throw on their own so I don't have the issue of it being to easy. If you are a coach mode or CPU v CPU player this is the way to go.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #144
Pro

So does anyone have a great coach mode sliders on this rookie level? Or are we just running default? Also what about penalties? I wanna see a lot of holding and offside and such. Default there's absolutely none

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »