Rookie Sliders (It Works!) - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

This is a discussion on Rookie Sliders (It Works!) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

Thanks airraid73. I'm with you that at this point its good to just kind of mess around and get a better feel for what may or may not work. I think that more people play around with the game on ROOKIE, the more they will see that there really is something here to work with.

Like you said, not only does it seem that ratings matter, but also the game seems to play smoother.

Once I get back from my trip I'm going to load up some games with various established slider sets, just to see how it goes. I'm wondering if the same affects, such as whether assists are on or off, will be there at this level as with other levels. Hopefully some of the "experienced slider gurus" will lend their trained eyes to this endeavor and let us know what they see.

I'm looking forward to more impressions from you, khaliib and JoshC1977.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #42
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Thanks airraid73. I'm with you that at this point its good to just kind of mess around and get a better feel for what may or may not work. I think that more people play around with the game on ROOKIE, the more they will see that there really is something here to work with.

Like you said, not only does it seem that ratings matter, but also the game seems to play smoother.

Once I get back from my trip I'm going to load up some games with various established slider sets, just to see how it goes. I'm wondering if the same affects, such as whether assists are on or off, will be there at this level as with other levels. Hopefully some of the "experienced slider gurus" will lend their trained eyes to this endeavor and let us know what they see.

I'm looking forward to more impressions from you, khaliib and JoshC1977.

Thanks ! I'll post some more stats over the weekend , here and there ..I'm sold on this level , hope other will try it ! I've played over 6 games since you open this topic. I'll be checking back in forth on this thread over the weekend , I have Halloween horror trail that I'll be doing this whole weekend , so I'll keep checking what you see and and others think I think rookie level is were is at !
Happy Halloween

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2016, 01:23 AM   #43
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I got some light trial testing in tonight...wow....yeah, there is something here.

The big thing that sticks out is that I am not seeing that big boost to the user player attributes that are supposed to be there on Rookie (I was seeing in the WR/DB matchup display like a +14 speed for my guys....it most definitely did not play out like that). It makes me wonder if the level-specific boosts are completely out-of-whack for all difficulties, which might explain why All Madden has been an utter mess post-patch with regards to QB accuracy. If EA were to fix this in a patch....it could easily wipe out this whole endeavor For now though, it is definitely intriguing.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:59 AM   #44
Rookie

JoshC1977. I'm curious to know, did you run with default or did you plug in your sliders?

Old 10-28-2016, 05:25 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Interesting thread to say the least. Did you try any testing on pro to see if said positives were still there but with together gameplay?
Old 10-28-2016, 06:11 AM   #46
Rookie

I've played some on PRO and followed Playmaker's slider thread. Even on PRO you still don't see the game play as good as it does on ROOKIE.

I'm thinking that as you move up skill level, each level has a greater impact on player ratings. Only ROOKIE allows players to play true to their ratings.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:39 AM   #47
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Imagine if the skill level (All-Pro, All-Madden etc) doesn't effect the difficulty of the game at all but merely regulates the level of artificial boost that the AI gets throughout the game?
Old 10-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I've played some on PRO and followed Playmaker's slider thread. Even on PRO you still don't see the game play as good as it does on ROOKIE.

I'm thinking that as you move up skill level, each level has a greater impact on player ratings. Only ROOKIE allows players to play true to their ratings.

The most in depth response I got on Twitter dealing with a slider question was a "yeah" to the question of does editing any slider, change it from its preset to "Custom" set?

They tune/tweak the game based off of their presets, thus when sliders transition into "Custom", all the problems arise with all the underneath workings with their formulas etc... that work through the ratings to drive the game (granted there are still hidden ratings/traits they still hide from the gamer).

Madden has always had a Ratings guru (per say) but never a "slider" guru on the team.
It's still an "Area 51" issue today with any questions posed to the team ( it's due to the discussion being too close to revealing their underneath metrics/formulas/weights they don't want out in the open).

That's why I suggested staying "inside" EA's presets (ie Rookie), while seeking fixes/improvements through the ratings.

Once you get your default roster in-line with how Draft Gen rookies come in, the editing task each season becomes real easy/fast.

I'm very, very limited in the detail of things I can get into here, but all of this to say stay away from the "Custom" and stay inside their "presets"

If ratings is too daunting, these mechanism that have gameplay affects while staying within the Slider presets...
1) penalties
2) Injury
3) Stamina
4) Speed Threshold (should be called Animation Speed)
- **this just alters the speed/fluidity of animations vs the Speed setting the game is played on
5) Help Aids
6) Stamina In/Out (although devs say there isn't, some say there is, you decide)
7) Camera Angle (***very important)
- **mostly an "enjoyment factor" by affecting the fluidity of how you "perceive" the game to be moving/playing
- the closer the camera, the more any slides/warps/glides will distract you (although you can use the Speed Threshold slider and/or Agility/Speed Ratings to clean up those hiccups)

***Side Note:
1) Agility/Speed Ratings do the "exact" same thing as Speed Threshold slider, they just can be individualized per player
- want the spin move speed of a young D. Freeny, put AGI/SPD at "99"

2) Acceleration functions as the actual "speed" of players
- that's why OL can keep up with your RB running down field, it's the 80+ Acceleration rating they all carry

Anyways, enough of Ratings talk in a slider thread.
I'll keep reading to see what all comes out about this Preset.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »